Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:35:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Real life usage of bitcoin  (Read 8924 times)
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:01:31 AM

Wee, I agree that in most of the countries there is yet no infrastructure developed for the regular usage of bitcoin but it doesn't mean that bitcoin is useless. We are still in the beta stage and we have yet to reach milestones. Don't forget the speed of the internet in the first few years of its invention and when you compare it with that of today's internet what do you find? Same about digital storage, computing power and so many inventions out there. Things take the time to develop and those who have faith in it are accumulating it for the purpose of profits, nothing wrong with it.

I totally agree with you, it takes a couple of years to revise invention for the betterment of everyone. Bitcoin is still taking baby steps and could take a couple more years for it to be well developed. And I don't think bitcoin is useless just because there are other countries that doesn't have bitcoin ATM or whatnot, but some countries are slowly developing their knowledge and are also trying to keep up with what other countries are having. It takes time and we should give it time and it will progress in the near future.

I recently read a news about market research that predicted, bitcoin will possibly reach $100,000 in next 10 years. I think, there are at least 500X people who have no idea about bitcoin and they will join us within the next few years which will boost the community, infrastructure and the price of bitcoin. I see a very bright future for bitcoin, especially in the developing countries.
There is not too much to explain about the potential of bitcoin, we can say that it is infinite, but in fact, it is always limited and managed by the government. Although the government accepts bitcoin, there is also a way for them to control the existence of bitcoin. Bitcoin has a bright future, but it does not think its value has increased unceasingly, 10 years is a long time, but I'm sure it can not reach $ 100,000.

Surely We can Control the Existence of bitcoin by keeping the bitcoin, and the growth of the community of bitcoin enthusiast is a one key for this, but  I think It was never meant to be controlled or be managed by the government, we already had a fiat currency, and it was only designed for independent peer to peer transactions, Being decentralized, Bitcoin has no leader,no office, and no tangible asset backing.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:07:16 AM

Don't you think price blast not correlate with its real life usage since its inception?

Its hoarded for speculative purpose but how many major cities in the world have even its ATM?

I mean we all the time correlate its value with fiat currency then buy/take then what's its purpose in my day to day life?

Who will accept it in store when confirmation time is so long.

It became an investment and that is it. I never heard one of my friend that talks about using bitcoin as a means of payment to buy food or things. The only one who gave me a story is a gamer who used a bitcoin for buying premium items in a certain game.
But after that he dont even know what else would be its purpose. It became a bank (wallets) to where we just store it and dont even have enough reason to use it for different transactions.
The goal is just to hold and wait for a bigger price.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:09:10 AM

Wee, I agree that in most of the countries there is yet no infrastructure developed for the regular usage of bitcoin but it doesn't mean that bitcoin is useless. We are still in the beta stage and we have yet to reach milestones. Don't forget the speed of the internet in the first few years of its invention and when you compare it with that of today's internet what do you find? Same about digital storage, computing power and so many inventions out there. Things take the time to develop and those who have faith in it are accumulating it for the purpose of profits, nothing wrong with it.

I totally agree with you, it takes a couple of years to revise invention for the betterment of everyone. Bitcoin is still taking baby steps and could take a couple more years for it to be well developed. And I don't think bitcoin is useless just because there are other countries that doesn't have bitcoin ATM or whatnot, but some countries are slowly developing their knowledge and are also trying to keep up with what other countries are having. It takes time and we should give it time and it will progress in the near future.

I recently read a news about market research that predicted, bitcoin will possibly reach $100,000 in next 10 years. I think, there are at least 500X people who have no idea about bitcoin and they will join us within the next few years which will boost the community, infrastructure and the price of bitcoin. I see a very bright future for bitcoin, especially in the developing countries.
There is not too much to explain about the potential of bitcoin, we can say that it is infinite, but in fact, it is always limited and managed by the government. Although the government accepts bitcoin, there is also a way for them to control the existence of bitcoin. Bitcoin has a bright future, but it does not think its value has increased unceasingly, 10 years is a long time, but I'm sure it can not reach $ 100,000.

Surely We can Control the Existence of bitcoin by keeping the bitcoin, and the growth of the community of bitcoin enthusiast is a one key for this, but  I think It was never meant to be controlled or be managed by the government, we already had a fiat currency, and it was only designed for independent peer to peer transactions, Being decentralized, Bitcoin has no leader,no office, and no tangible asset backing.
Bitcoin is created for freedom and not for any kind of controlling or any kind like that because i think the creator creates bitcoin because he is so sick about the fiat and all of the problems of it so he tried to make another type of money  that can be the future money and that is bitcoin which is very decentralized that nobody can control them.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:16:17 AM

At present less than 0.1% of total population is into bitcoin. There is still a huge potential market for bitcoin. All what is needed is to spread awareness among masses. That is all dependent upon bitcoin community. We should try to aware people more and more. I don't know whether bitcoin will reach $100000 in 10 years. But we will definitely see increase use cases of bitcoin.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:24:06 AM

At present less than 0.1% of total population is into bitcoin. There is still a huge potential market for bitcoin. All what is needed is to spread awareness among masses. That is all dependent upon bitcoin community. We should try to aware people more and more. I don't know whether bitcoin will reach $100000 in 10 years. But we will definitely see increase use cases of bitcoin.

I will not say that you are wrong, it`s not true, but I need to remind all of you about gold. For example can some of you my friends tell me where you can go now and buy something with gold? Nowhere?! And we must agree that bitcoin have many advantages over gold. Huge market is not just for bitcoin, there will be a place for some other alt-coins, but we will threat bitcoin as gold.
Before there were cases of enormous spending of bitcoins for almost nothing, now people regret cause they spent so much bitcoins for what, and they could be rich now. People learned and now I doubt that people are spending bitcoins easily.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 10:19:58 AM

I will not say that you are wrong, it`s not true, but I need to remind all of you about gold. For example can some of you my friends tell me where you can go now and buy something with gold? Nowhere?! And we must agree that bitcoin have many advantages over gold. Huge market is not just for bitcoin, there will be a place for some other alt-coins, but we will threat bitcoin as gold.
Before there were cases of enormous spending of bitcoins for almost nothing, now people regret cause they spent so much bitcoins for what, and they could be rich now. People learned and now I doubt that people are spending bitcoins easily.

I see it from a different perceptive. I respect the people who spent their holding because without that bitcoin would have never had the large user base and four figure price with it. It is the efforts of the early adapters who preferred to spend their coins instead of holding it and now it's our turn to hold 50% and spend 50% of the bitcoins that we have with us. This is my personal opinion but I seriously think in that way as I believe movement is growth.
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 10:23:07 AM

I see it from a different perceptive. I respect the people who spent their holding because without that bitcoin would have never had the large user base and four figure price with it. It is the efforts of the early adapters who preferred to spend their coins instead of holding it and now it's our turn to hold 50% and spend 50% of the bitcoins that we have with us. This is my personal opinion but I seriously think in that way as I believe movement is growth.

You are thinking in the general direction, and I think that you are not wrong, that is what we all see at bitcoin the present moment. However, I'm always worried, bitcoin can crash at any time.

vohoanghiep55555

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:59:47 AM

Don't you think price blast not correlate with its real life usage since its inception?

Its hoarded for speculative purpose but how many major cities in the world have even its ATM?

I mean we all the time correlate its value with fiat currency then buy/take then what's its purpose in my day to day life?

I agree with what you say. Maybe too long transaction time is a hindrance. Currently, this is not fixed, so the application of Bitcoin into the actual transaction is impossible, we can only withdraw cash from Bitcoin wallet and transaction
Dudeperfect

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 01:56:22 PM

You are thinking in the general direction, and I think that you are not wrong, that is what we all see at bitcoin the present moment. However, I'm always worried, bitcoin can crash at any time.

There is always a possibility of an earthquake and other natural disasters but still, we choose not only to live but also to chase and fulfill our dreams. Yes, bitcoin can crash anytime but have you noticed why we haven't seen a strong crash yet? it's because the faith of the users and failed attempts of hackers proves that how strong is the network. I don't see any reason that people would stop believing the bitcoin in future, it will continue to grow.
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:40:38 PM

There is always a possibility of an earthquake and other natural disasters but still, we choose not only to live but also to chase and fulfill our dreams. Yes, bitcoin can crash anytime but have you noticed why we haven't seen a strong crash yet? it's because the faith of the users and failed attempts of hackers proves that how strong is the network. I don't see any reason that people would stop believing the bitcoin in future, it will continue to grow.
i think that we should take bitcoin as normal currency, i think not only bitcoin but any currency either it is crypto or fiat currency can fail, but we have to continue using bitcon just like normal currency. and to not need to take extra stress about bitcoin. i am sure that bitcoin will continue for ever and will very soon become the top currency of all over the world.
South Park

Activity: 2870
Merit: 794

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:39:00 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2017, 06:55:37 PM by South Park

I have use bitcoin mostly for trading proposes. I bought various ALT coin using my BTC, Sometimes i sell BTC on localbitcoins and paxful. I also like recharge my mobile phone with bitcoin.  

I always read about localbitcoins. But I don't understand how to use it because based on what read. It is riskier to buy bitcoins their rather than on normal exchange like kraken.
There is not much to understand, you create an account and then you see the offers on the site, the price they are selling, the amount they have and the payment methods they are accepting, select a seller with very good reputation and buy your bitcoin, there are higher risk than when buying from an exchange, yes but it has the advantage of maintaining your privacy if you care about such a thing.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
btcney

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:11:56 AM

It became an investment and that is it. I never heard one of my friend that talks about using bitcoin as a means of payment to buy food or things. The only one who gave me a story is a gamer who used a bitcoin for buying premium items in a certain game.
But after that he dont even know what else would be its purpose. It became a bank (wallets) to where we just store it and dont even have enough reason to use it for different transactions.
The goal is just to hold and wait for a bigger price.

Yeah bitcoin is pretty much a speculative tool. It could be used in real life but the blocks are too full. The block retarder time is too long and far between. It makes it impossible to defend yourself as a shopkeeper against double spenders, because if you want to wait for the confirmation.atilns to finally hit you'd be talking about days potentially. And in those days the price of bitcoin could fluctuate, meaning exchange rate risk for the shopkeepers.

I'd like to think that bitcoin is not designed to handle real world transactions, therefore there shouldn't be any correlation between real world adoption and bitcoin price.
Dudeperfect

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 05:19:17 AM

i think that we should take bitcoin as normal currency, i think not only bitcoin but any currency either it is crypto or fiat currency can fail, but we have to continue using bitcon just like normal currency. and to not need to take extra stress about bitcoin. i am sure that bitcoin will continue for ever and will very soon become the top currency of all over the world.

Well, I can understand your point of view but to be honest, bitcoin is not a mere currency. It is something far better than it. We should be able to utilise its advantages, and since the area of bitcoin is the whole world, there is no doubt that it will be the most used currency even if it could fetch 10% to 25% users from each country.
ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:37:20 AM

Bitcoin is mostly used today as an investment which would yield huge returns.The confirmation time is long and definitely it would be a big obstacle in accepting bitcoin for merchants.But since bitcoin payments cannot be reversed,merchants could give the products as soon as they see the unconfirmed message in their wallet.But there is a problem in that also.If we buy a product for $100 and we pay in bitcoin.If it takes about two or three days to confirm and at that time bitcoin price falls down,for example if our payment value becomes just $90 dollars,who would be willing to bare that loss?So it has to be solved at any cost.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:13:28 AM

Real life usage of bitcoin was good because it largely help to the people who want part time job, using of bitcoin I earn much cash due to help of bitcoin. I buy anything I want using of bitcoin. That's why I'm very thankful to bitcoin because of this I earn much better amount than my salary.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:55:39 AM

I highly doubt that the real genius behind bitcoin does have any plans to make this a currency to be accepted in stores rather than it could be used as an asset like you invest in shares and bonds as well as storing it in a vault.If you look back bitcoin was developed after the great economic depression which is caused by the incompetency of the higher hierarchy of the financial sector and they literally gambled with everyones wealth,so in my opinion it is developed to have a control over our asset than a third party.
aso118
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 07:41:14 AM

Bitcoin is mostly used today as an investment which would yield huge returns.The confirmation time is long and definitely it would be a big obstacle in accepting bitcoin for merchants.But since bitcoin payments cannot be reversed,merchants could give the products as soon as they see the unconfirmed message in their wallet.But there is a problem in that also.If we buy a product for $100 and we pay in bitcoin.If it takes about two or three days to confirm and at that time bitcoin price falls down,for example if our payment value becomes just $90 dollars,who would be willing to bare that loss?So it has to be solved at any cost.

The only solution to that is if segwit gets implemented / block size increases and transactions get confirmed quickly. Otherwise, merchants could specify a high transaction fee and hope that it confirms. Yet another possibility is that merchants stick to off-chain bitcoin purchases.

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █               
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 07:42:19 AM

I get your point.
Bitcoin usage to buy stuff is nothing compared to its value in $. Thus its purpose seems to be mainly an investment tool, not a method to buy stuff in your favorite store.

Przemax

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 08:00:40 AM

There is a one awesome page:

www.bitlisting.com

It shows a lot of places around the world where you can pay using bitcoin.

I have personally added all of the listings that I could find in Poland where I live, all of those listings are mine.

As you can see one of the most important aspect of bitcoin business, is that they have a free advertisement from the sites like this.
bitbunnny
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1068

WOLF.BET - Provably Fair Crypto Casino

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 08:04:37 AM

Personaly I spend Bitcoins with my Bitcoin debit card moste of the time because there are still not much places, at least in my country, where you can spend Bitcoin directly. But where I go somwhere abroad I inform myself about places where Bitcoin is accepted. And I wish there were more online shops who accept Bitcoins and not only for tecnical goods.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: