Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:32:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing bitWallet - a Bitcoin Wallet app for iOS iPhone.  (Read 1782 times)
Sollico (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:50:22 PM

bitWallet™ is a Bitcoin Wallet for iPhone. It securely stores your Bitcoins and shows account balances, transaction history, exchange rates and much more.

bitWallet™ is FREE, for now, from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bitwallet/id777634714?mt=8

Due to Apple restrictions this version doesn't allow you to send Bitcoin payments, but it does offer many other features:

✔ Securely store your Bitcoin addresses and their private key.

✔ Create multiple wallets with multiple Bitcoin addresses per wallet.

✔ Print paper wallets to store your Bitcoins offline in cold-storage.

✔ Receive notifications when new transactions occur in your wallet.

✔ Create Watchlists to follow other interesting Bitcoin accounts.

✔ Check balances and transactions per wallet and per Bitcoin address.

✔ Verify balances and transactions from multiple data sources.

✔ Shows live Bitcoin exchange rates in multiple currencies from all Bitcoin exchanges around the world.

✔ Shows live Bitcoin Network statistics.

- Data sources: data is pulled primarily from Blockchain.info. Balances and transactions can be verified against BlockExplorer.com and Blockr.io. Exchanges rates provided by bitcoinaverage.com. Additional data sources will be added as they become available.

- Privacy Policy: securely storing your Bitcoins is a key feature of bitWallet. Only public addresses are transmitted to query balances and transactions - no other data is transmitted from bitWallet!

- Data Security: bitWallet uses advanced techniques to encrypt the wallet using SHA256 encryption. Your password is not stored on the device or anywhere else - if you forget your password there is no way to decrypt your wallet and recover your Bitcoins!  When the wallet is decrypted, the Private Keys are still kept encrypted in memory until needed to resist memory scrapping attacks. For added security, a setting is available to clear the wallet data from memory when the app is backgrounded.  Data is never placed in a web browser and it never leaves the app's memory space, unless printed or shared.

App Store Link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bitwallet/id777634714?mt=8
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:58:32 PM

Presumably it also allows the export of private keys? Smiley
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:02:14 PM

Its also a great place to lose all your btc.....

Yeah another online wallet crap...
Sollico (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:03:55 PM

Presumably it also allows the export of private keys? Smiley

Yes, you can highlight a private key and copy it to the clipboard.  Wink
ryanmnercer

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 01:07:10 PM

Will be gone from app store in... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Buy peptides with BTC
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:55:01 PM

I am tring this BitWallet on my iPad. It is an iPhone app and it does not run in full screen. The dev said an iPad version is coming soon.

This works better than I thought. You can create a new address or import a private key via the camera. To my surprise you can also send bitcoin! It gets round Apple's App Store policy by not allowing transaction broadcasting natively. You can copy and paste the string and broadcast it via the safari browser.

Give this a try, much better than the "fruit" one.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:48:34 AM

installed this wallet. very good work!

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
cheetoblue

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:04:29 AM

I know I'm reviving a really old post here, but thumbs up for bitWallet. Just seems to be the wallet I keep going back to. I do love BitPay/Copay as well, but bitWallet just seems to give even more control to the end user (so more for techies though)...

And a bonus - supports Luno exchange rates too so great for South Africans  Grin Grin
rozee
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:18:06 AM

this service is very useable for ios user but i don't think it will safe the developer know our private key on that aplication,right? its same if we hold our balance at exchanges so whenever we can lose our money without any notification Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: