Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:24:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this consider reputation abuse/bully?  (Read 587 times)
cyyap95 (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:18:00 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2017, 03:38:37 PM by cyyap95

First of all, I'm running a services in which I've partnered with some of my friend in China along with some major mining pool to offer a TX accelerate services.
I've been offering my services as a paid alternative for people that willing to pay instead of waiting for ViaBTC. I never scam, trick, abuse any rules.
(People actually paying me and say it's worth in the feedback they gave me, they all knew free alternatives and even tried.)

Most of the time, I post in section where people asking help for their stuck transaction, giving them another option, (I also mentioned the free Viabtc.)

Out of sudden, I received a negative trust out of no where from DannyHamilton

and I believe the reason he give me the negative trust is simply because he's believe my services has conflict with his interest,

I am very sure that trust system weren't mean for that,

It's a free market, I put much effort into planning this business, talk and negotiate with many many people from China BTC scene, utilizing connections I've spent years to built, to finally able to provide this services at a competitive price, I don't see what I did deserve those unfair negative feedback.

===

Edit
I've just sent a pm to him, hopefully this is just a misunderstanding

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:31:49 PM

He thinks that you are a scammer.

I don't know the details of the situation, however I would recommend that you try to work it out with Danny directly. My observation is that he is a fair person.
cyyap95 (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:39:15 PM

He thinks that you are a scammer.

I don't know the details of the situation, however I would recommend that you try to work it out with Danny directly. My observation is that he is a fair person.

Thanks for reply, I've sent him a PM, hopefully this is just a misunderstanding
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:47:46 PM

There is no conflict of interest.  While my signature does offer assistance I do not profit off that assistance.  The ViaBTC accelerations that I am selling are being sold at the exact price I paid for them. I have not had anyone yet offer to use any of them, and don't care if anyone ever does.

I was contacted by cyyap95 via PM asking me to remove the feedback. I'm still deciding.  Here is the discussion so far:

You have no explanation for how your service works.  It looks a lot like a "long con", and those most likely to use your "service" are those that know the least about bitcoin and are most likely to fall for a scam.

This forum has had many scams where someone comes in offering a service they can't explain, and getting positive feedback from many people that they help.  Then once enough of a reputation is established, the scammer uses that reputation they built up to run off with as many bitcoins as they can.

Therefore, I've left a warning that new users should be careful, and be aware that success in the past is not an indication of success in the future.

Well if that's the case, you might also know that most of these people who "farm" reputation usually hide their identity,

The biggest scams have been pulled off by people that did not hide their identity.

Try searching on Google for:

Trendon Shavers
or
Mark Karpelès

About the way I accelerate the TX, I've been very clear that I've partnering with some friend in China that I've been dealing with when trading bitcoin in the past few years, basically they manually include the TX into the next block they mined by charging an extra fees on top of tx fees.

This doesn't seem to be true.  Which mining pool do they control?

If what you are saying were true, then all the transactions that you assist with should be confirmed by the same pool every time (the pool that your friend has access to).

However, if we look at the transactions you've publicly assisted with so far:

Confirmed by AntPool
  • 14e805e04749d58160e133b98da1a70e4d4dfaf29fb2895e6cf556b49962b872
  • bf78ad8bf2057b10f744a5b35b785baaf34870187b21dcf8290d452ec1eeee7a
  • c2c0e70609451ff127ed68d52d66b5269e29ca54ec459656960e8eae64836b88
  • 5ebd2a1843097cba44b81b0bccdf7efa48c8b0ee1fff0b121d4c3f6d3171564b

Confirmed by BTC.com
  • bd189bba760e1fc82157f79db3a2888297e53276ca847d23ef929124f98ec463

Confirmed by BTC.TOP
  • 9f08ae476e0f19e06af066c05780d1ee8c8390980e7db6f509b9b9172f4311f3
  • 4499773b7db2af1b9332b83f1da454fce3b61457fe3e3eaa50dcbe063207d1a0
  • f373cf544853b847ce3206c1940dd5eeed21c4c1201b94010ed1707045d1b2a6
  • 9c7db37d9db940ebd2722b769b847332e9aa1a893dadac36a2767680939354b6

So, which pool does your "friend" have access to, and is that pool aware that your friend is profiting from accelerating low fee transactions (which means he is effectively stealing money from all the pool participants that will earn less revenue because of his actions)?

You're a guy with reputation that many see you as a role model in the forum, so I hope you can really be fair about this,

I'm trying to, but I also feel a responsibility to point out a high risk situation when I see it to those that wouldn't be aware.

cyyap95 (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:04:05 PM

One out of three new member in the marketplace section is obvious scam, I don't see you posting a negative feedback on each of them,
but you decided to put a negative feedback on a people that is actually delivering his promises, fulfill his client order?

Is that means every new member shouldn't be allow to offer any services/sell anything? I just don't understand that logic

===

It's more than obvious we aren't just partnering with single mining pool, I've mentioned in the very beginning that we've partnered with a few major mining pool.
As an experienced Bitcoin user or developer you should be able to know that those TXID won't be included automatically without someone manually prioritize them.
That's already more than enough to proof my words, otherwise you believe there's some other magical way to make that happen?
cyyap95 (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:23:45 PM

To be honest, I really doubt this isn't because conflict of interest.

I feel like there's no way I could talk some sense with you, you're just going to reply everything with extreme example,
basically your logic is everyone could be a scammer. Guess you won't be changing that negative feedback anytime soon as well.

So well, be it that way, hope you have a great day.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:30:48 PM

To be honest, I really doubt this isn't because conflict of interest.

I want to make it VERY CLEAR to everyone that there is no conflict of interest here.

Therefore, I have removed my offer to help anyone with paid ViaBTC accelerations.

If you want an acceleration, you can go buy them 5 at a time from ViaBTC, or you can pay the guy that opened this thread and hope he isn't a scammer.
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 06:35:55 PM

It's more than obvious we aren't just partnering with single mining pool, I've mentioned in the very beginning that we've partnered with a few major mining pool.
As an experienced Bitcoin user or developer you should be able to know that those TXID won't be included automatically without someone manually prioritize them.
You mentioned that people are supposedly having trouble with the BTC.com accelerator because of what they accept as payment.  However your terms are unusually similar to theirs:
Quote from: cyyap95
If your transaction is not confirmed within 12 hours, we will fully refund to you (the original Bitcoin amount.)

If your transaction is not confirmed within 12 hours, we will fully refund to you automatically

Of course this doesn't necessarily mean that you're using their accelerator for other people's transactions.  However, there are other clues.  For example, you mention that the time for a confirmation is less than four hours, from your experience.  Here's what it says on the pushtx.btc.com accelerator:

Quote from: pushtx.btc.com
we provide transaction accelerator service, which can make the probability of confirming transaction within 1 hour come up to 75% and 98% within 4 hours.
In fact, you even went so far as to call your service "pushtx".

I would say the most likely scenarios, considering that you're a new member who just started a transaction accelerator, are:

1.  You are accepting payment in Bitcoin and, in exchange, using your Alipay to pay for the BTC.com accelerator.  Your incentive for doing this is to gain profit from the conversion.  However, someone who did this would most likely be open about their methods, which makes me more suspicious.

2.  You are doing 1, except you intend to gain trust until you can scam several people at once from their accelerated transactions at the end.  This could potentially gain you a few hundred dollars, which would be more than worth the scam to you.

Considering how hazy you are on the real details or evidence of your details with mining pools, there's little chance that the service you're offering is genuinely from you.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:40:55 PM

One out of three new member in the marketplace section is obvious scam, I don't see you posting a negative feedback on each of them,
but you decided to put a negative feedback on a people that is actually delivering his promises, fulfill his client order?

You spammed multiple threads with advertisements for your "service" where I was participating in discussions.  If you hadn't done that, I probably would never have even known about your "service".  I don't go hunting down potential scammers, but if one brings himself to my attention, I make sure to warn others.

Is that means every new member shouldn't be allow to offer any services/sell anything?

Anyone can offer anything they want. Personally, since there are so many people that lack knowledge about bitcoin, I think ALL accounts at bitcoin talk should carry the same warning that I put on yours.  They don't, and I don't have the time or motivation to comment on EVERY new account as it is created.

I'll stick to warning people when I see activity and behaviors that appear untrustworthy to me.  Just like you have the right to offer whatever you want, I have the right to mention my concerns.

Partnered?

It is surprising that the pools haven't made a public announcement about this partnership.  Perhaps you should contact these partners and ask them to do so?

cyyap95 (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:48:08 PM

You mentioned that people are supposedly having trouble with the BTC.com accelerator because of what they accept as payment.  However your terms are unusually similar to theirs:
If your transaction is not confirmed within 12 hours, we will fully refund to you (the original Bitcoin amount.)

If your transaction is not confirmed within 12 hours, we will fully refund to you automatically

Of course this doesn't necessarily mean that you're using their accelerator for other people's transactions.  However, there are other clues.  For example, you mention that the time for a confirmation is less than four hours, from your experience.  Here's what it says on the pushtx.btc.com accelerator:

we provide transaction accelerator service, which can make the probability of confirming transaction within 1 hour come up to 75% and 98% within 4 hours.

I would say the most likely scenarios, considering that you're a new member who just started a transaction accelerator, are:

1.  You are accepting payment in Bitcoin and, in exchange, using your Alipay to pay for the BTC.com accelerator.  Your incentive for doing this is to gain profit from the conversion.  However, someone who did this would most likely be open about their methods, which makes me more suspicious.

2.  You are doing 1, except you intend to gain trust until you can scam several people at once from their accelerated transactions at the end.  This could potentially gain you a few hundred dollars, which would be more than worth the scam to you.

Considering how hazy you are on the real details or evidence of your details with mining pools, there's little chance that the service you're offering is genuinely from you.

I see, it seems like this forum is filled with lot of scammers making people paranoid, no matter how legit a business is, they can always relate to scam.
It seems like there's nothing more to say, because I've said everything, just one last questions, have you go through my thread yourself?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1934749

Hope you have a great day.
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 07:15:41 PM

I see, it seems like this forum is filled with lot of scammers making people paranoid, no matter how legit a business is, they can always relate to scam.
It seems like there's nothing more to say, because I've said everything, just one last questions, have you go through my thread yourself?

I suppose you didn't read through my post, considering that I gave a quote directly from the thread and compared it to BTC.com's accelerator.

It seems like there's definitely something more to say:  what evidence do you have that you are the one providing this service and that you are genuinely partnered with mining pools?

If you can't give this information, I'll be giving negative trust as well.

cyyap95 (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:21:16 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2017, 07:48:24 PM by cyyap95

I suppose you didn't read through my post, considering that I gave a quote directly from the thread and compared it to BTC.com's accelerator.

It seems like there's definitely something more to say:  what evidence do you have that you are the one providing this service and that you are genuinely partnered with mining pools?

If you can't give this information, I'll be giving negative trust as well.

I didn't reply that because I think it's rather obvious if you've been through my thread, as my services is new, I basically copy BTC.com terms, and even using their price estimator as a reference for my charge.

How about you accelerate a few TX without having access to those pools but making them appeared in the block mined by those pools? Isn't this more than enough to proof that I do have access to their pools? What else do you want?

===

I guess I'll put an end to this drama, people who used my services know I delivered what I promises, people who wanted to use my services can check out the review from my thread, so far all my clients is satisfied. I'm not obligated to disclose anything about my business, after all that's what I spent time to build.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: