Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:03:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Source of bitcoins  (Read 1782 times)
peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 446

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 07:45:17 PM

You do not have to create a story.  Just tell them where you got your bitcoins.  You have payments recorded on the blockchain and you also have the access to those wallet.  Why complicate things when you can just tell them the truth.  You are working online and your work is legit and not some illegal stuff.

Tell them that you are freelancing and accepting bitcoin as payment. Simple as that. Or you could add that you are joining signature campaigns in bitcointalk forum and you are being paid with bitcoin as well. Maybe you just add a few explanation what signature campaign is. I think if you stay to be honest with them and just be straight forward, you will eventually be approved.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:05:49 PM

Are you withdrawing large amounts($10k or more)? if you're withdrawing small amounts the banks won't ask you anything. even if they do ask you, you can tell them the truth or say you're a trader or bought bitcoins at $400 or something and you're cashing out profits now. Roll Eyes
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:07:57 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2017, 10:27:42 PM by Victorycoin

You do not have to create a story.  Just tell them where you got your bitcoins.  You have payments recorded on the blockchain and you also have the access to those wallet.  Why complicate things when you can just tell them the truth.  You are working online and your work is legit and not some illegal stuff.

Tell them that you are freelancing and accepting bitcoin as payment. Simple as that. Or you could add that you are joining signature campaigns in bitcointalk forum and you are being paid with bitcoin as well. Maybe you just add a few explanation what signature campaign is. I think if you stay to be honest with them and just be straight forward, you will eventually be approved.
Good to finally see everyone on this thread have not gone berserk. And for those people already running for cover when nothing is actually chasing them, check yourselves if you can't show proofs of promoting some projects in here. By the way, what could be earned through signature campaign and faucets can hardly attract bank attention except he is not telling us the whole story.  
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:12:23 PM

I use exchange websites to withdraw my bitcoins for fiat to my bank account. I wish to know that if in case the bank asks about the source of the income and source of bitcoins, what would I proof can I give them? I commonly earn from signature campaigns, freelance tasks and translations but giving them the complete details would be too much.

Has anyone ever provided proof or their source of bitcoins to any bank or legal organization? What would be the best way to prove it?
Hmm that is an interesting and serious question. Till now i have only done some small amount of transfers from bitcoin to fiat currency, highest one was around 60 dollars. But i did not have any problem with the bank. I guess there is no problem, unless you make it. But honestly, i do not think that any bank will make you a problem, because they get their money from you, so why would they make you any kind of problem. And bitcoin is not illegal so Cheesy .
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:33:56 PM

Since it is mostly a freelance work you should just inform them as such,you really do not need to go into specifics about how you are earning your money and even when you are filing your income tax returns just provide these incomes too and you can get deductions on specific things and for all these details it is better to consult an expert
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:35:52 PM

I never thought about this,i think it wont be an issue as the exchange i am selling the coins will be forwarding the money using NEFT transaction and the bank does not bother from where i am getting the money and if there is an issue it will be at the hands of income tax department as i have to file those earnings with them.
erikalui (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 08:42:17 PM

I use exchange websites to withdraw my bitcoins for fiat to my bank account. I wish to know that if in case the bank asks about the source of the income and source of bitcoins, what would I proof can I give them? I commonly earn from signature campaigns, freelance tasks and translations but giving them the complete details would be too much.

Has anyone ever provided proof or their source of bitcoins to any bank or legal organization? What would be the best way to prove it?

I will assume you cashout money that is considered as beyond the standard level. I have experience like that in our local exchange preferrably bank withdrawal options. My usual transactions with average amount never been questioned but when I tried to withdraw decent amount beyond the standard level (I think level 3 tier max. withdraw), they asked me where I got those funds. I answered them nicely but not to the extent that I will show them proof of works. I just showed them some "minor" things like the nature of works, websites (trading) and what is crypto all about and no questions asked later. I will try to dig the email and show to you what Im done.

Take note: They cashout the money first before asking the question so here it's not strict but I need to comply with the rules so I response nicely. In the first place, they have my identity so just respond to them and tell them the truth.

Not large amounts but since the bitcoin prices have increased and will continue to increase, this could become an issue. Large bitcoin trades might be questioned and then I don't know what exactly to prove as I don't have any paper proof to show them. I can just link them to this forum and explain from where the income has come in and then taxes would apply which is fine. If they go about questioning and asking further details I am not sure what to tell them then.

I am glad that they did not ask you further questions and I hope the same happens in my case too. I also trade on exchanges so I guess I can tell them the same.

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:14:39 PM

I will assume you cashout money that is considered as beyond the standard level. I have experience like that in our local exchange preferrably bank withdrawal options. My usual transactions with average amount never been questioned but when I tried to withdraw decent amount beyond the standard level (I think level 3 tier max. withdraw), they asked me where I got those funds. I answered them nicely but not to the extent that I will show them proof of works. I just showed them some "minor" things like the nature of works, websites (trading) and what is crypto all about and no questions asked later. I will try to dig the email and show to you what Im done.

Take note: They cashout the money first before asking the question so here it's not strict but I need to comply with the rules so I response nicely. In the first place, they have my identity so just respond to them and tell them the truth.

Not large amounts but since the bitcoin prices have increased and will continue to increase, this could become an issue. Large bitcoin trades might be questioned and then I don't know what exactly to prove as I don't have any paper proof to show them. I can just link them to this forum and explain from where the income has come in and then taxes would apply which is fine. If they go about questioning and asking further details I am not sure what to tell them then.
Ler it be settled in your mind that by signature campaign, you are in effect advertising people's business and getting paid for it same way media houses do. You have all the proofs you'll ever need in here and blockchain even if Bitcoin becomes $1M, you earned it, so nothing stands in the way of your confidence. Trouble can only surface  f you start lowerng your head, looking the other way or agitated by such normal and simple security checks. Btw, want to believe  you're not less than 18?
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:17:32 PM

Banks typically only care about sources of income if you're making a large amount or if they have to give out a loan, otherwise as long as you pay your taxes chances are they won't give a damn and just accept the money that flows into their accounts. Just make sure that you never dump a ton of money in all at once and space it out over time.
Key term; pay your taxes. Don't take loans.
Sarah08

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:20:33 PM

I really like to know the answer for this to I have been earning some bitcoin for my living through signatures,
What would I ever say or write in my resume if I ever tried to apply in some company to work as a regular worker?

Signature campaigns gives us a really good profit monthly it is one of the best way to earn bitcoin easily but there are also some ways bitcoin is the banks worst fear and i dont think they like bitcoin as a part but i guess there are some having a good partnership in bitcoin.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:06:30 AM

I don’t think it is such a huge issue what I mean is most of the time unless you are making a big amount of money then no one is going to do a great investigation effort, they are going to make a few questions and that will be it.
Vohoanghiep

Activity: 301
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:42:55 AM

Actually I am also confused about this issue. Most of the money I earn from Bitcoin is from signature campaigns, so if the bank investigates that money, I really do not know how to respond. Maybe we need more evidence from the deals but it's too time consuming and hassle. I am waiting for a solution from you
vohoanghiep55

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:55:36 AM

There is nothing that links the account to your identity(at least in legal terms) and I doubt the revenue would accept signature campaign and faucets as valid and legal income.

You(and we all) are earning money that we don't legally have. A trouble if you want to withdraw for large expenses, but THEY won't be able to take it from you because you don't have it.

Solutions: withdraw slowly and don't have a lifestyle much bigger than you could have with your "legal" sources of income. Or gain much more by other ways, so your Bitcoins earnings could pass by without being noticed

What you say is absolutely correct. We do not have any information regarding your identity and your Bitcoin account so we can not prove that it is legitimate, and of course it is not legal. So your solution is the best solution. It will make the bank pay less attention to you
imawriter

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 04:02:33 AM

No i dont think the bank will ask you because earning bitcoins from signature campaigns and freelancing tasks will not be huge and bank would not give that much importance to this.May be if you are withdrawing some big amounts regularily then may be they can ask.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 04:38:43 AM

For now i have been doing this stuff already on which most of my earning here on bitcoin world is directly been credited to my bank account by the use of third party wallets which do have features on directly cashouting it directly to your card.Until now i didnt still experienced such issue about bank verification regarding on your earnings.If it does really require you then tell the truth that you are earning on that stuffs.

vohoanghiep5555

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:17:11 AM

I will take screenshot of the transaction and show them. Maybe they will understand what I'm doing. In addition, I will withdraw small amounts of daily living expenses. You should not spend too much money for life because it will make the bank pay attention to you
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:28:07 AM

I'm also thinking about the same thing bro. I wonder how to provide a legal proof to show you that you own a btc. But I don't think right now you need a proof to show you that you own a bitcoin, because we are exchanging money here freely.

just provide transactyion data, i saved all my log from kraken for example, in case they need proof i show them allt he sepa that i did, i don't think you need to provide more info about your bitcoin

i would just provide info about the fiat that i exchanged, my bitcoin amount should remain private, i don't know how they would react if you declare also your bitcoin total amount

in any casew you are not dealing with drug, bitcoin it's not illegal, you are safe from that point of view
tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 05:54:21 AM

I don't really know how your system works, but getting all the necessary data like the guy above me said won't be a bad idea. I see no reason to worry knowing it is legitimate and you can always get the source. Unless you are worried you don't want them to have a clue how you get your money but what are the odds?
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:06:29 AM

I've never done this before because the bank is not asking me where am I getting my money, it is none of their business, that is why maybe they are not asking me what is the source of my income. They are going to ask you if you are just a random guy who would withdraw money from them, but if you are their regular customer then, they are just going to smile at you.

If you don't want to be asked again, then why not try to use ATM rather than withdrawing it in the bank directly, in this way, you could avoid to many questions if that is what you want.
harizen
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398

For support ➡️ help.bc.game

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:07:17 AM

I know the feeling mate. I have the same experience too I think about December last year. I just don't know how it was triggered because I used our exchanges here for years. Maybe Im doing a weekly withdrawals of the amount I can consider as not that small. I told them everything about some various method Im doing. Their response after that is not related anymore to the source of my bitcoin but they just suggest me to resubmit my ID verification and until now no such things like that ever happened again. I think this is just applied to bank withdrawals since other options are fine.

As you mentioned above, I see no problem if you will tell them about trades as it was not illegal as you are using a reputable exchanges.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████