Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:15:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EasyCoin.net WARNING !!!  (Read 8483 times)
drgonzo (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:17:04 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 06:07:59 PM by drgonzo

For those of you who considered using their services, DO NOT USE EASYCOIN.NET!
I have given the operators of EasyCoin more than enough grace-time to try and remedy the problems I encountered with them.

Depositing any amount over 1-2btc to a wallet has resulted in final balance showing only 0.099฿. In the transaction list there's a withdrawal to 1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH that occurs several seconds after the 2nd confirmation on the blockchain (the stage the funds become spendable) of the amount deposited minus 0.1. With the 0.001 fee, you're left with 0.099.

When I finally getting a response from support, it was as follows:
Quote from: EasyCoin.net:
Hi,

sorry for the late reply.
The withdrawal was made from IP 176.31.181.25
Looks like someone got your password/PIN.

I checked and this IP is a TOR exit node, so nothing helpful can be done with the information.
After replying that my password was very long and complicated and it's impossible someone cracked it, and I'm sure I'm not infected with any malware, I raised the possibility their service is compromised. Two days later I got another reply promising "they'll look into it but so far I'm the only one reporting such an issue". So far I know another user who had the same issue: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=193120.msg2001904#msg2001904
I'm not sure about the timing of the reply I got from support and Artificial's incidence, but even if I was the only one reporting such an issue, it's not the case anymore.

It has been over a week since the incident. So far I got a reply from their support only twice, and with at least 2 days delay from my last message each time! No answers since their claim to "look into it".

DO NOT USE EASYCOIN.NET! They are either compromised by a hacker and incompetent (in the "better" case) or are just plain scammers.
Judging by the almost non-existent responsiveness of their support, I'd say it's the latter.

STAY AWAY!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: