Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:08:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-06-07] Bitpoint added to over 100,000 Japanese Retail Stores  (Read 2793 times)
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:56:13 AM

I do not know how bitcoin will gain mass adoption as a payment method if holding it to gain profit is what most of us do. I know that if I had a choice to use fiat or bitcoin for payment, I would keep the bitcoin and use fiat because bitcoin is more valuable.

The problem now is how will those shops encourage bitcoiners to spend their coins?

The Japanese Government accepted Bitcoin as legitimate mode of payment on April 1. 2017. Soon after, numerous Japanese corporations began to consider accepting this crypto currency. The first enterprise to adopt this move was electronic retail giant Bic Camera. It teamed up with Bitflyer, the biggest BTC exchange according to volume, in accepting Bitcoin. That same month, Coincheck Exchange also disclosed it was working with a company called Recruit Lifestyle to facilitate BTC payments in some 26, 000 shops. According to Coincheck, around 5, 000 shops accepted the crypto currency utilizing its payment platform. Chief Financial Officer Midori Kanemitsu revealed to an Asian publication that shops using BTC will increase to 300, 000 before year-end.

Read the article in full https://www.crypto-news.net/bitpoint-added-to-over-100000-japanese-retail-stores/

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███