Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:04:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to solo mine CHN Coin?  (Read 13166 times)
Extornia

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:38:19 PM

sigh been solo mining 2 days and no blocks (1800kh/s)  found like 40 stales is there some special setting I should be using?

"Precisely, and with pools it is guarranteed to earn, unlike solo. You can have 2000KH/s, and be that unlucky that you get no blocks in days."
pizza (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:11:02 AM

sigh been solo mining 2 days and no blocks (1800kh/s)  found like 40 stales is there some special setting I should be using?

That's unusual.  You might be having bad luck.  I've only got 200 Kh/s and I found a block not too long ago.

should I run my 3 machines on the same username? or different usernames?
thaile4ever

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:21:54 AM

I guess some people don't understand what "mining" means in cryptocurrencies.

Think of it as there is a block of dirt and somewhere in that dirt is a bag full of coins.

The size of the block of dirt is depend on the difficulty of the coin.  Higher difficulty = bigger block of dirt.

Now Everyone "mining" is currently digging away at that block of dirt looking for the bag of coins.

The higher the hash rate the faster you dig.

Once someone finds the bag, game over and everyone moves on to the next block of dirt.

Solo mining is just yourself digging away and maybe you find the bag.  If you stop or someone else finds the bag game over and move on to the next block.

Pool mining is a bunch of people digging away at the block and sharing the reward base on how much effort you put in.

pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:30:15 AM

Think of it as there is a block of dirt and somewhere in that dirt is a bag full of coins.

The size of the block of dirt is depend on the difficulty of the coin.  Higher difficulty = bigger block of dirt.

Now Everyone "mining" is currently digging away at that block of dirt looking for the bag of coins.

Once someone finds the bag, game over and everyone moves on to the next block of dirt.

Solo mining is just yourself digging away and maybe you find the bag.  If you stop or someone else finds the bag game over and move on to the next block.

Pool mining is a bunch of people digging away at the block and sharing the reward base on how much effort you put in.

so should I mine my machines on the same username? or 3 different usernames when solo mining?
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 02:47:35 AM

are you guys getting high discard rates? im getting like 99%
donjonson

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:05:09 AM

The size of the block of dirt is depend on the difficulty of the coin.  Higher difficulty = bigger block of dirt.

Solo mining is just yourself digging away and maybe you find the bag.  If you stop or someone else finds the bag game over and move on to the next block.

Couldn't be better explained.

I'm just a simple guy swimming in a sea of sharks.
donjonson

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:06:50 AM

Download the client & create a chncoin.conf file in your %appdata%\Roaming\Chncoin folder with the following info :

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rcpallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcport=8108
port=8106
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

save this file, then restart the chncoin client.

then point your miner to localhost:8108 -u username -p password

Thanks boing. How can I do it with Debian?

I'm just a simple guy swimming in a sea of sharks.
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:19:19 AM

jimmy what are your rejected stale rates Im getting about 99% can you post your cgminer.conf?
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:32:45 AM

jimmy what are your rejected stale rates Im getting about 99% can you post your cgminer.conf?

Are you solo mining or pool mining?

im back to solo, but both solo and pool mining I am getting 99% rejected, with solo mining before I found a 3 blocks in about 4-6 hours so it seems to be working im assuming.
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:37:53 AM

Good BYE CNC, Dontmine me is about to get 51%
"Registration has been temporarily closed due to the large hash rate on this server relative to the total hash power of the network.
It will reopen when the pool/network hash rate (50.54%) drops below 35%

Thank you for your support!"

http://cnc.dontmine.me/register
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:49:07 AM

Are you solo mining or pool mining?

im back to solo, but both solo and pool mining I am getting 99% rejected, with solo mining before I found a 3 blocks in about 4-6 hours so it seems to be working im assuming.

With solo mining you will get rejects if the share is below the target.  So, the rejects should be Rejected sde3df3ed 126K/526K - I've gotten three in the past couple of hours.  You can also get rejected if your solution isn't as fast to the network as someone else's solution.  There are other factors which get technical.  If you are getting blocks, then it's working.

maybe because of my high hashrate its going through a lot of targets that are lower? could this be a possibility? Another question how many accepts are you getting?
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:52:35 AM

well actually im about 65% rejects, I meant discarded shares, discarded shares are like 95%
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:03:26 AM

There is a lot of hashing power on that coin right now.  I wish I could answer all your questions... but I need some rest.  Just keep mining!

kk goodnight!
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 06:14:02 AM

There is a lot of hashing power on that coin right now.  I wish I could answer all your questions... but I need some rest.  Just keep mining!

kk goodnight!

if you're solo mining, there is a very high rate of invalids/stales/discarded shares .

This is because there are a few pools out there who are mining the same blocks as you are, so you may be able to actually solve a block, but if that same block has already been solved by the network, it becomes invalid.

It's a race at the moment to get as many blocks solved, there are a few pools out there who you're competing with Smiley
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:24:54 AM

kk goodnight!

if you're solo mining, there is a very high rate of invalids/stales/discarded shares .

This is because there are a few pools out there who are mining the same blocks as you are, so you may be able to actually solve a block, but if that same block has already been solved by the network, it becomes invalid.

It's a race at the moment to get as many blocks solved, there are a few pools out there who you're competing with Smiley

yeah I tried using a pool but got nowhere near the payout as I did solo mining
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:28:45 AM

also how does the whole reward thing work? If I find a block do only I have the option of solving it? Or is it a race on who solves it first.

Does it mean if I'm outpowered I will always lose?
noel

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 08:20:08 AM

Hi all i have finally worked out how to get the cgminer solo mining with a pool as back-up to be honest i can not remember why it just became a challenge lol
is it still solo mining?
Why is it now saying "Stratum from pool 1 detected new block" ? instead of "New block detected on network"
what is the meaning of "Block change for http://127.0.0.1:port detection via http://pool.what.ever:port stratum"
Thanks noel

My Bitcoin Address is 1A2WeFuxL2WuyoqNAYqKx4P2a5YieYaunp

Donate Please.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:34:36 AM

Good BYE CNC, Dontmine me is about to get 51%
"Registration has been temporarily closed due to the large hash rate on this server relative to the total hash power of the network.
It will reopen when the pool/network hash rate (50.54%) drops below 35%

Thank you for your support!"

http://cnc.dontmine.me/register

Looks like it will be a while: 

Net Hash: 2509.29 MH/s   

Pool Hash: 1045.63 MH/s
penta

Activity: 105
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:56:11 PM

how come when i solo mine i dont see any accepted/rejected shares or any U:/wu: numbers
but as soon as i connect to a pool i get it up. its otherwise hashing away as normal and it keeps detecting new blocks?

only seems to happen with chn coins as far as i can see.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 01:59:13 PM

how come when i solo mine i dont see any accepted/rejected shares or any U:/wu: numbers
but as soon as i connect to a pool i get it up. its otherwise hashing away as normal and it keeps detecting new blocks?

only seems to happen with chn coins as far as i can see.

You don't have shares when you solo mine.

You either find a block or you don't.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: