Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:55:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (ICO) Enigma is compromised: Yet another ICO hacked  (Read 386 times)
3x2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:56:59 AM

Yet another ICO and another Hack, If any startup on ETH blockchain safe...? ETH developers seriously need to mosify the main code to make it more robust.

Ref: https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/21/hack-enigma-500000-ico/
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:12:51 AM

The headline of the article said there's $500,000 stolen from Enigma and yet the image above says there's no company funds were stolen and even on their announcement on their ANN.
Hackers nowadays begins to target this promising ICOs or a reason for exit scam? I hope I'm wrong or else many people will cry later for their contribution on this ICO.
Somz1

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:49:28 AM

What hackers did was made a clone website with ICO and desperate members dumped money,after the hackers managed to access sensitive information from the website which was not properly secured.
Here both members and the team are at fault,but I think the team lead (whose account was already hacked once did not change the password allowing hackers to use his email to send ICO incite to members)
All those security features mentioned after hack must have been in force even before
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:24:25 AM

The headline of the article said there's $500,000 stolen from Enigma and yet the image above says there's no company funds were stolen and even on their announcement on their ANN.
Hackers nowadays begins to target this promising ICOs or a reason for exit scam? I hope I'm wrong or else many people will cry later for their contribution on this ICO.
lol and if you check out the official thread you;ll see people still sending money and getting scammed.
What bothers me is there is no reply from the team or the campaign manager who is suppose to be in direct contact with the team.
Hacked has become a lame excuse to steal bitcoins in 2017.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
jogoma12

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:15:45 AM

Their own fault for not focusing enough on security, probably had some weak ass passwords for their social media and website, and fell into social engineering trap.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: