Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:10:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 308 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TenX: Making Blockchain assets spendable  (Read 332128 times)
goodcupoftea

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 10:30:04 PM

Can order and use card in China?
I can spend hundreds USD on it weekly ;)
I want 十X卡!

This meaning is TenX Card。 in Chinese looks cool 👀 10X Card。
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
max.trekker

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:43:11 PM

I am using card daily as my main card. Paying for everything with it. I just need to pay attention so shops doesn't  charge me in GIP (gibralthar pounds) otherwise everything is ok.
Why would you care about pay tokens, if there are no rewards?
Token has no use, it is worthless. IMHO it should cost 0 atm. Once they start paying rewards, it should be worth about reward/per yearly token payout *100 or so.

Now - I can't see any reason to hold PAY token.

What is it good for - absolutly nothing.

This is partly true, i mean that the price should be according to their dividends. But what you fail to understand is that we who hold pay tokens invest in future growth and therefore future rewards. Not many companies starts to pay out dividends the first few months being in business, look at facebook, google, .... We invest because we belive that we are early and because we belive that tenx will be successful and being an early adopter in a successful business will always pay off tremendously. Look at this post on reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/TenX/comments/7b53j3/value_of_1_pay_token_far_off_currently#thing_t1_dpfqx5z , I think that is a valid valuation of the current price per token.

I agree. PAY token is like a preferred stock, which pays dividends. However, technical companies pay dividends not immidiately. Check Tesla for example, the company has losses, but its stocks are rising

It should provide a 0.5% (ETH) return on transactions. I'm assuming that means, your own transactions, but how you're supposed to link them is very unclear. Would also be nice if the app accepted more than just bitcoin, considering their website claims it already does. Which it doesn't.

Not only your own transactions, you will get/share 0.5% of all transactions. And you will get 0.1% from your own transactions. https://www.tenx.tech/paytoken.html

Nice! Do you know how it will be managed? I'm assuming you'll have to link your ETH account to your TenX account in order to stake, but don't see anyway to do so just yet.
Rewards hasnt started yet, if everything goes as planned they will happen sometime in this month or in December. Initially (from the whitepaper) you only had to have PAY in MyEtherWallet (or any other where you control the keys), but because of these new SEC regulations they had to rethink this part and supposidley token holders will need to do some minimal work to get the rewards, we dont know yet what this work is. Follow their youtube channel for announcements https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrh49JX-9UQJbee6e4EGhog
turtoro

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:49:38 AM

Ok now that I see that the card works and that these guys are doing great progress I am interested in one more thing. Utility.

Will/does the PAY token have utility? If so what is/will it be?
franc0

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:28:26 AM

Ok now that I see that the card works and that these guys are doing great progress I am interested in one more thing. Utility.

The only utility it has is to receive dividends? what other utility you was thinking it could have? Isn't that enough?

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
DragonETH

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

https://www.projecton.pro/

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:44:24 AM

I have hopes for this team, she has the desire to make the world better and easier, I hope they will succeed. I would like many different utilities and services for the card.

░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             
          ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░         
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
  ░▓▓▓▓░░░  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░  ░░░▓▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓██████████████▒░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░  ░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░░░░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░████████████▓░░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░▓████░░░░░░░      ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▒███████▓▓░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓█████████░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▓▒░░                     ░░▒▓▓▓░ 
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░      
          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░        
             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
                                                      PROJECTON

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
Customer relationship management using Blockchain
▬▬▬▬Whitepaper ♦ Whitelist  ▬▬▬▬
BUY XN35

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
░░░░░SOCIAL MEDIA░░░░░
TwitterTelegram Facebook 
Reddit  Medium  ➤  Bitcointalk
lonesomestranger

Activity: 770
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:57:47 AM

The only utility it has is to receive dividends? what other utility you was thinking it could have? Isn't that enough?

Paying dividents is a great think, and as you said, for now this should be enough! I mean, you're getting money for holding Pay token, what do you want more? Maybe in the near future, devs will find other ways to expand Pay utility, but for now, I think is enough Smiley

coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:02:21 AM

I have been holding TenX for a long time now and I just bought some extra to trade with. I believe this project will show it's true potential in 2018. Even with all the fud surrounding I will keep on holding TenX, because I when I got into TenX I believed in this project and I will continue to.

Me too. I've got in in the pre-sale, and I will hold it forever! Once they start paying dividens there is no way back. As you say, just wait til 2018 and al crypto-world would explode and the good projects are going to the moon! TenX to Mars!!  Cool

When is the specific time for paying dividends to the token holders? Did we get an announcement from the officials because many people are kept holding the Tenx coin for the dividends and the price of TenX will increase automatically?
Lolliedieb

Activity: 433
Merit: 48

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 08:53:44 AM

Hey guys

after all those fud and concerns I think it is time for some positive news: I finally received my card Cheesy I have to admit that it took almost 3 month (ordered on August 12th and received it on November 11th) and that I am living in Germany, so one of the rather unproblematic regions regarding the WaveCrest delivering problems.

Click me for a picture of the card

Well … since a lot of you may be waiting for it I think it is a good idea to describe my experiences with it so far.
I have to excuse that for this post I somehow was to dump to get thumbnails in here. Also I was not able to do screenshots of the app directly, since the app does not allow to take some...

1) Ordering the Card

Well that was rather easy. Just install the mobile app, choose a pin and insert some personal data (mail address, name and so on). Then swap some small BTC to the mobile app that is worth at least 15 dollars and hid the card button on the front page of the app. There you have to insert some data about your address to get KYC level 1 (more about KYC later) and then you can order it. In my opinion rather simle.

2) Receiving the Card and Activation
Well waiting was a pain. As mentioned it took three month between the order and the card arrival. In the meantime the app was only useful as a nice looking mobile wallet. Thats it. But finally on November 11th it arrived surprisingly. Interestingly I received the mail with the DHL tracking code one day after on November 12th xD

Activating the card is simple. Just go to the card menu point in the app and tab on activate. Then you have to insert the last 4 digits of your card number (that you only know once you have it in our hand – I can not remember that it way printed anywhere else). Afterwards the card menu in the app changes. It now shows your card balance in BTC, SGD (Singapur Dollar) and in your selected currency (Euro in my case). The exchange rate for you seems to be fixed four you for 15 minutes once opening this tab.

On the bottom there are two additional panels for showing your ATM pin (thumbs up that it is so easy to see it) and a button to hit for reaching KYC level 2. Also you have the opportunity to lock your card right there in the app, e.g. when it is lost. And also you can unlock it right when you found it back. I like that function.

3) KYC level   

Currently there are 3 KYC (know your customer) level around that are important for us.

KYC 0 is plainly that the company knows almost nothing about the customer. Maybe they have a valid Email address, but thats it. It is clear that TenX can not work with this level, because they have to send you something physical.

KYC 1 means that they have a working address where you can receive physical mail. This does not mean  that you are residing at that address or that your name is real. Just that post with that information gets delivered.

With KYC 2 it is verified you are a living person with exactly that name living at the address you gave them. This usually requires a photo of some passport or something similar as well as a photo of some document proving that your are residing at the address.

So why should be switch to KYC 2 with TenX card? Well due to the European Union money laundering laws the livetime load of a prepaid card (which is the TenX from laws point of view) is bounded by 2.500$ / 2500€ and the limit for daily ATM withdrawal is set to 2x 200€ / $. From December 10th onwards the limits will be even more sharp. Then livetime limit in KYC 1 is 250 € and one time limit is 100 € because of new EU regulations. This is nothing unique to TenX and also affects other similar cards (e.g. I have a Uquid card with same limitations).

So reaching KYC 2 will help getting the full potential out of the card. For this you must tab on the above mentioned panel in the app. Then you can select which type of document you would like to submit. I personally selected front page of my traveling passport and a page of a telephone company bill. You can chose to use your mobiles camera or some photo from the phone gallery right from the app. Note that I had to do this twice, because I somehow missed the condition that each picture must be smaller then 400 kbytes and the pics generated by my phone camera were larger… The app does not warn you about it, I just got a message one day later that the size was to large. But after resizing them it worked.

It took two days and a few hours (it was sometime at night) for my card to switch to KYC level 2. Now the original button vanished and was replace by some FAQ and get support button. By the informations from settings menu my daily limit is now 20.000 $, single transaction limit 10.000$ and no lifetime limit. Note that two days is very quickly for the KYC 2, because the document musts be visited by humans. Many exchanges require much longer for the verification.

4) Using the Card
Directly this morning my car complained about fuel being empty, so I decided to buy some with the freshly activated card. Well and what to say except from it worked just fine. Gave my card, they scanned it and asked for the PIN. I typed the one in from the app and the same moment I felt that my phone was vibrating because I got a notification about a successful payment.

Click me for a picture of the notification

Beside the notification from the app I also got an Email with the same information. The exchange rate was only 0.35% off the average exchange rate of Kraken and Bitfinex at that moment (I checked it before leaving the station). Very nice, because the rate at most European exchange is worse.
Right now the rate is in an uptrend. Poor me, a hour later my fuel would be less expensive. But thats life.

Click me for a picture of the receipt

Overall Impression
If this would be a review I would say its a 4/5 with the two minus points being the long waiting time and that currently I only can use BTC for loading the card. With other coins the daily use may be much higher due to lesser block times (e.g. Ethereum, all ERC 20 or ZEC) and lesser transaction fees. Never the less the product itself is working very well – I was surprised that APP and physical card are working good together. This also may be a reason why it is so hard fining an other card issuer, because the application programming interface of WaveCrest that allows such an integration of the card is rather unique. Therefore I can understand that they chose this issuer for their cards.

But if TenX sticks to their plans in adding more currencies and finding either some new issuer or is sometime be able to issue their own cards – well this is an amazing product.

Ps: For all those who got kind of burned when buying PAY tokens at higher price I have some investment strategy for you: buy more right now! Why? Well I also bought about 10 PAY when it was at 4$ each. I personally hate selling with loss if I do not require the money urgently, so I hold this token all the way down.  Now I bought additionally 100 at about 1.65$. So I am still in loss zone, but calculator said I bought 110 PAY for 205$, so if 1 PAY goes up again above 1.87$ I am already in the winning zone. The idea is simple: if you were thinking that 4$ was a nice price for a product, then be happy to buy more of it at even lower price Wink
So far so good. Stopping here right now before this post gets too long. Thanks for everyone that read all of what came into my mind and have a nice day.

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
easyrimka

Activity: 518
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:44:47 AM

thanks Lolliedieb for the report and pictures !
aqzu

Activity: 227

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:55:28 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 11:25:28 AM by aqzu

guys, i have token in my bittrex. Am i still been able to get the dividend? or i should move it to tenx wallet?

thanks
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:59:51 AM

Thanks for the elaborate review and guide of the card’s arrival, activation and use. At these moment, it is a pity that the BCT board does not have a reward system like Steemit or the DeepOnion board. A very useful post for us all.

Lolliedieb

Activity: 433
Merit: 48

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 12:56:04 PM

guys, i have token in my bittrex. Am i still been able to get the dividend? or i should move it to tenx wallet?

Right now the  first round of dividends is not yet paid and there is no announcement yet when it will be the first time, so yes you still can receive it.
Remembering the FAQ of TenX correctly it is important for the dividends to have your PAY in an erc 20 enabled wallet, e.g. a wallet that is allowed to perform contracts. I assume that there will be an ethereum based contract that will pay out the dividend to PAY token holders. So you can pick whatever wallet you like as long as this is ensured.

For exchange wallets this would mean that the exchange uses kind of real addresses and does not one or few addresses with multiple input addresses where deposits are only distinguished by the used incoming address and your balance is only stored in some database. I do not think that there is an exchange out there with this feature, so better monitor the TenX announcements and when it is time move your PAY of the exchange beforehand.

@ All other:
thanks for your comments - I thought is would be nice having some user experiences from non-tenx team members.
I also think it would be great if everyone that received his / her card would post here when it was ordered and when it was received, so we get an idea on how far they are with processing the long queue.

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
supertee

Activity: 689
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 01:11:46 PM

Love your nickname. Smiley Great article! Can't wait to get mine, ordered 2nd September.

Passion.
Senen Pahing

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:59:47 PM

we hope there is a big pump again so prices continue to rise, I hope PAY to be the best coin and immediately enter the top 10.
franc0

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:03:38 PM

No, Exchanges and DEVs tokens are excluded from dividends. which means only about less than 100 million tokens will receive dividends (of the 205m total supply), more dividends to investors Cheesy.

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
DroidR17A

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:13:55 PM

Right now the  first round of dividends is not yet paid and there is no announcement yet when it will be the first time, so yes you still can receive it.
Remembering the FAQ of TenX correctly it is important for the dividends to have your PAY in an erc 20 enabled wallet, e.g. a wallet that is allowed to perform contracts. I assume that there will be an ethereum based contract that will pay out the dividend to PAY token holders. So you can pick whatever wallet you like as long as this is ensured.

For exchange wallets this would mean that the exchange uses kind of real addresses and does not one or few addresses with multiple input addresses where deposits are only distinguished by the used incoming address and your balance is only stored in some database. I do not think that there is an exchange out there with this feature, so better monitor the TenX announcements and when it is time move your PAY of the exchange beforehand.

@ All other:
thanks for your comments - I thought is would be nice having some user experiences from non-tenx team members.
I also think it would be great if everyone that received his / her card would post here when it was ordered and when it was received, so we get an idea on how far they are with processing the long queue.

Thanks for the info, I was hoping it would be managed via the smart contract. but was far from certain it would be.
Renko

Activity: 145

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:14:56 PM

Hey guys

after all those fud and concerns I think it is time for some positive news: I finally received my card Cheesy I have to admit that it took almost 3 month (ordered on August 12th and received it on November 11th) and that I am living in Germany, so one of the rather unproblematic regions regarding the WaveCrest delivering problems.

Click me for a picture of the card

Nice!! I can't wait for my card to deliver. Im not in Europe, so I think I have to wait a little bit more, but thats OK! In the meantime I will keep buying the dips!
findshakil

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:02:34 PM

Another competitor guys???
A London startup is launching a debit card that lets you spend bitcoin and ethereum,    http://uk.businessinsider.com/london-block-exchange-launches-prepaid-cryptocurrency-debit-card-2017-11

There are so many projects which are offering crypto cards (MCO, CTR, PAY, TKN, ..........)
aqzu

Activity: 227

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:45:57 PM

@ All other:

Thanks for the info dude. I am positive that Tenx will be success. Wink
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:59:13 AM

Another competitor guys???
A London startup is launching a debit card that lets you spend bitcoin and ethereum,    http://uk.businessinsider.com/london-block-exchange-launches-prepaid-cryptocurrency-debit-card-2017-11

There are so many projects which are offering crypto cards (MCO, CTR, PAY, TKN, ..........)

Have any of the others actually delivered cards like tenx?
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 308 »
  Print  

Jump to: