Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:32:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Relative size of the TOTAL CRYPTO MARKET $100 Billion || Where will it go?  (Read 703 times)
surus (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 06:15:44 AM

So the total market cap reached and passed important mark of $100 Billion!  Shocked
and Bill Gates' net worth Grin. But how much is that?

Share your comparisons and thoughts on how big the total market will be in 5 years.
Can it surpass 1 Trillion? Roll Eyes

https://medium.com/@RialtoAI/einstein-and-100-billion-crypto-milestone-ea10bb8249c

Cryptocurrency arbitrage and market maker: www.rialto.ai

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:50:36 AM

We shouldn't see the marketcap that way probably. I mean everyone could create a cryptocurrency, give it a value with a lot of supply, do the multiplication, and here we go, we have a few millions/billions in marketcap. I however would be more interested in seeing one cryptocurrency that reaches that amount, like bitcoin currently which is 46 billion dollar.
To answer your question though, half of that amount is going to darknet marketplaces, gambling industries etc. The way people see cryptocurrencies should change otherwise we are not going anywhere.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
uros.bc

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:17:20 PM

Deloitte predicted that blokchcain industry will account for 10% of the global GDP (total is 78 trillion). If only 20% of it will be represented by cryptoassets then the growth will be huge!
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:01:58 PM

Apart from Bitcoin, I have a feeling that these huge market capitalizations are not sustainable. Look at the currencies such as Nemcoin and Stratis. They are having a market cap of $2 billion and $1 billion respectively. Does anyone really believes that these sort of market caps are justified? Even the market caps of Ether and Ripple seems quite inflated.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:58:31 PM

The total market cap has already gone over $200 billion.... It's just a matter of time before we see the total market cap easily breaks through the $1000 billion barrier. How? It's actually very simple. It just takes a couple of altcoins with insane numbers of coins as total supply. Easy example -- create a coin with a 1000 billion total coin supply, buy 1 coin for $1, and voila, there is your $1 trillion market cap. TL/DR -- market caps are pure nonsense....
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 07:24:29 PM

In order to surpass 1 trillion it would need to be much more stable and have much more institutional support. Right now Bitcoin is utterly imunusable as a currency because of how volatile it is. At $1 trillion it would be a currency, but that has to happen very slowly.

Right now though, it is due for a correction. Crypto market cap is too high and the bubble will crash. This situation is no different than the many crypto bubbles that existed before it.

ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:28:02 PM

Even though that's not the real value of the total markets but that's still something I agree on that and is good to know that many people have died for much less amounts, countries waged wars for much less amounts, this is somehow good and bad as well because this will draw unwanted attentions from various levels of financial sector which will lead to a saturated market but I figure it was an inevitable consequence of crypto.
I'd really like to know what happens when masses drop on us? this isn't even the start as we're still in "experiment" level.
eon50

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:31:38 AM

It is hard to justify ETH and BTC price growth in USD since it is not organic at all. Due to rapid increase and high volatility, the market is getting closer to a correction point.
Lack of interconnection between crypto results in price differences which means there are opportunities for arbitrage activities. This would definitely unify the crypto market (e.g. South Korea, Japan).
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 08:52:31 AM

Apart from Bitcoin, I have a feeling that these huge market capitalizations are not sustainable. Look at the currencies such as Nemcoin and Stratis. They are having a market cap of $2 billion and $1 billion respectively. Does anyone really believes that these sort of market caps are justified? Even the market caps of Ether and Ripple seems quite inflated.

Of course this is not sustainable. These numbers are highly inflated and can not be taken as real metrics as you have already mentioned.
Example: Make your own altcoin with 1 million coins in total supply. Sell 10% which is 100k coins for $1 each. Multiply that with the other 90% you hold and own yourself. Suddenly the overall marketcap of your altcoin is $1million although it got only bought for $100k!
This happens with so many altcoins and ICOs where a majority of coins is not given out or just locked to inflate the marketcap. It will get interesrting when the big guys start to sell off for whatever reasons.
When you check the transactions per block  of all those coins you see how much like of ghost towns they all are!!
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:28:31 AM

So the total market cap reached and passed important mark of $100 Billion!  Shocked
and Bill Gates' net worth Grin. But how much is that?

Share your comparisons and thoughts on how big the total market will be in 5 years.
Can it surpass 1 Trillion? Roll Eyes

https://medium.com/@RialtoAI/einstein-and-100-billion-crypto-milestone-ea10bb8249c

Thanks for the awesome comparison. I think it shows basically how much bitcoin has actually grown since its inception. A lot of haters still out there but lets not have them affect our focus on the future of bitcoin.

I think that 100 billion was somewhat short lived considering that the figure has dropped down to 90~ billion again. We may not see it for a while above $100 billion since bitcoin is pretty stagnant at the moment.

What I can say though, uber's whole company's market share is not even as much as crypto's!

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:12:08 AM

with the rate that new altcoin are being created and each of them having billions of coins which makes their market cap at least of a couple of hundred million dollar, i say we either will see a big collapse of the altcoin market (which is contributing to your 100 billion dollar market cap) or we will see a much bigger (bubbly) one in the near future.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:23:26 PM

When comparing to common USA company's networth, all cryptocurrencies's market cap is still resembles small company's st ock networth only. I believe we need at least one trillion market cap to enforce wall street investors to turn their head toward bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency too.

I guess bitcoin is already started attracting common people as a good returning investment opportunity, this way we can expect bitcoin alone to have $500 billion market cap in short term like in net two years.
surus (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 05:16:30 AM

I guess bitcoin is already started attracting common people as a good returning investment opportunity, this way we can expect bitcoin alone to have $500 billion market cap in short term like in net two years.

Mainstream investment would be additionally included if we get expected Exchange Traded Funds for Bitcoin and Ethereum. Depending on the size, but this could cause interesting price movements - volumes at this level does not yet sustain a couple of billions flowing into ETH...

Cryptocurrency arbitrage and market maker: www.rialto.ai
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: