Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:52:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-06-07]Billionaire Investor and Shark Tank Star Mark Cuban Changes Mind and  (Read 4395 times)
maybtc (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:35:42 AM

Billionaire Investor and Shark Tank Star Mark Cuban Changes Mind and Tells Fans to Watch Bitcoin
Just recently Bitcoin.com reported on the significant influx of mainstream attention bitcoin has been receiving over the past few months. Lots of investors these days are shining a positive light on the decentralized cryptocurrency and some of them have changed their opinions held in the past.
Billionaire Entrepreneur and Shark Tank Star Changes His Opinion Towards Bitcoin 

Billionaire Investor and Shark Tank Star Mark Cuban Changes Mind and Tells Fans to Watch BitcoinThis week the billionaire tycoon Mark Cuban changed his tune towards bitcoin as the entrepreneur gave bitcoin a thumbs up to his 7.1 million Twitter followers. Cuban is a well-known U.S. businessman who owns the NBA team the Dallas Mavericks and is invested in many popular companies such as Magnolia Pictures, Dropbox, and AXS Television. Furthermore, the billionaire investor is also one of the hosts of the show “Shark Tank” featured on NBC.

A few years ago back in 2014 Cuban told the publication Entrepreneur.com that he had not invested in bitcoin. “Nope, I haven’t invested in Bitcoin yet — I go up and down on it,” explained Cuban on the set of Shark Tank. Later on that year Cuban told the news outlet USA Today he did believe bitcoin was “great as an encryption technology,” but thought the future of bitcoin’s value was dismal. The investor explained that central banks will not allow the technology to grow as a currency.   

“As a transport mechanism, an accounting digital transport mechanism, it’s unique and has a great opportunity in the future,” Cuban detailed to the publication at the 2014 SXSW conference.

I think it’s got no shot as a long-term digital currency.
Cuban Now Tells His 7 Million Twitter Fans He Follows Bitcoin News and They Should Too 

However Cuban told the press that he was still undecided about the technology and his stance against it wasn’t set in stone. When asked if he would ever consider adding bitcoin to his portfolio Cuban stated, “The jury’s still out — We’ll have to wait and see.”

Now it seems times have changed and Cuban may have come to a conclusion concerning bitcoin. On June 6 as the price of BTC surpassed $2900 across global exchanges Cuban told his 7.1 million Twitter followers;
However, following his tweet Cuban does detail that he thinks bitcoin could be in a bubble.  “I think it’s in a bubble — I just don’t know when or how much it corrects,” details the investor. “I think blockchain is very valuable and will be at the core of most transactions in the future. Healthcare, finance, etc all will use it,” Cuban adds.

I’m not questioning value — I’m questioning valuation
Big Name Investors and Socialites are Telling Their Followers About Bitcoin

As bitcoin continues to grow more valuable mainstream media and many well-known investors are bolstering bitcoin more often. Just recently John Bollinger, the inventor of the financial analysis indicator Bollinger Bands, mentioned bitcoin to his 11,000 Twitter followers. Alongside this, the professional poker player and socialite, Dan Bilzerian, explained to his 22 million Instagram followers that he just invested in a “sh*tload” of bitcoin last week. Moreover, Mark Cuban is not the only NBA team owner interested in bitcoin as the owner of the Golden State Warriors, Chamath Palihapitiya, told his 67,000 Twitter followers that the cryptocurrency was the “ultimate insurance policy against autocracy.”
https://news.bitcoin.com/billionaire-investor-and-shark-tank-star-mark-cuban-changes-mind-and-tells-fans-to-watch-bitcoin/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:03:22 PM

I like how another outlet attributed yesterday's price drop to Mark Cubans remarks. It shows how little they know. I would guess that 90% of the bitcoin sold yesterday was to people who don't speak English and have no clue who this guy is.  The American press keeps thinking this is an American thing. In reality America is just another player and in no way special. Asia is currently the world leader in bitcoin. What Xi Jinping  or Shinzō Abe says is important. But Mark... who?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 08:07:17 PM

In any case... I think there will be a whole lot more hodlers of bitcoin, even if it's just $500 worth each.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:14:43 PM

It's getting pretty much annoying reading that people think that we're going through a bubble. I remember that when Bitcoin has broken through the $1000 level for the first time after the MtGox drama, people were saying exactly the same. I think these bubble talkers will continue this all the way till Bitcoin reaches it ultimate all time high in the very far future. Some people can't wrap their head around the fact that it is legit demand that is driving the price up....
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:49:54 PM

He's a sore loser! In 2014, when there was a great time to invest in Bitcoin (worse than 2015, but still great) he was "thinking about it" and we can suspect that was all he did. Now, he thinks he missed the train, so he shares his negativity with the rest of the world.
Yes Mr. Cuban, it's in a bubble, it's been in a bubble since 2009!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
physicist
Donator

Activity: 55
Merit: 3

the internet never sleeps

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:11:28 AM

In any case... I think there will be a whole lot more hodlers of bitcoin, even if it's just $500 worth each.

Case in point, look at the accumulation in this wallet:

https://blockchain.info/address/1JCe8z4jJVNXSjohjM4i9Hh813dLCNx2Sy

124K coins since August 2016  Shocked

wow.

signature campaigns annoy me.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:24:42 AM

Case in point, look at the accumulation in this wallet:

https://blockchain.info/address/1JCe8z4jJVNXSjohjM4i9Hh813dLCNx2Sy

124K coins since August 2016  Shocked

wow.

I am likely wrong, but still it's funny or weird (or whatever else you want to call it) that the first deposit was in August 23th last year, and the last major deposit was in November of last year. Bitfinex announced it was hacked on August 02 of last year, and there were like 120K coins stolen. This address contains 124K coins, and has not seen any major deposit since last year, which might imply that there are no further coins to move in...
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:46:43 AM

This is a sign of good days to come. By this comment I expect bitcoin to have much inflow of investors into it. We should keep on hold as before the end of this year we expect the price to be above $4000.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:22:41 PM

Bitcoin.com is owned by the scam artist Roger Ver.

And frankly, who gives a flying crap what Mark Cuban thinks.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:50:27 PM

Bitcoin.com is owned by the scam artist Roger Ver.

And frankly, who gives a flying crap what Mark Cuban thinks.

Yeah. who gives a flying f**k what Cuban thinks. He's a loser, look at what Dallas Mavericks are right now. He was left behind. That's is. He thought bitcoin will not surges and he didn't invest, but his rich friends are. So when they have get together and talking about bitcoin, he was just in a side because he was left out of the topic. Poor Mark.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████