Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:26:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bittrex is a scam website - AVOID!- WITH PROOF!!  (Read 77820 times)
OWZ1337

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:48:47 PM

Ive been trading in bitreex for almost a year now and never encounter any scamlike issue. My biggest coin deposit even reach 0.5 btc and my acccount not disable. I have my 2fa enabled.

candy razors bro  Roll Eyes  you like this canadian gaming lawyers owning youes?

I am not a Financial Analyst, Investment Broker, Financial Adviser, Crypto-Guru or any sort of professional that would be deemed trustworthy! Wink weee™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:20:22 PM

My account has been verified.
I got a response after 6 days, after which I submitted new info and 2 days later my account was verified.
I have placed a withdrawal request for my TIME tokens (the last day I believe, they've been delisted on the 1st, and it's the 14th today [you're able to withdraw delisted tokens only for 14 days]).

Looking for a signature campaign.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:21:03 PM

''Confirmed scammers'' That's not really true, they are just really unprofessional. Unfortunately the only way to get your coins/money back is by providing them with your personal information. At the end of the day most exchanges will ask you for personal information.

Except their verification process is horribly broken and instead of providing a reasonable solution they will simply lock the account for good. That is about as scammy as it gets. They know that most people won't go to the trouble of getting a new ID card or whatever is needed to pass the verification (if at all possible) so they can sweep up those small amounts.

If this was purely a KYC issue they would work to help their customers. This is not what's happening. Their support people are acting like assholes determined to piss you off and make it not worth bothering to regain access.

Except if they were really scamming they would have ran away by now. As I said, I'm not defending them, they are extremely unprofessional and a horrible service in general but personally I got verified after a month, I withdrew everything and here I am. You can get verified as well, it just takes time.

They are not only unprofessional.... We can't call "horrible service" actions that killed bittrex reputation. Because this is what they did.... they distroyed their reputation. They where one of the main exchange on the market. How could anyone trust them again after this shit!?

For a comparison we can look on how poloniex treated this kyc requirement... First of all they declared that there will be an annuncement of a deadline for kyc, and even after the deadline customers will be able to withdrawal their funds without verification. This if fair and professional.

It is clear that poloniex don't want to steal customers funds.... What about bittrex?

I understand your point. I'm not defending them whatsoever, they are garbage. I'm just saying that they can't be called scam as we usually know the word scam. They are, in some way, scamming but with a more sophisticated way. Nonetheless I don't think they are spending the money that's stuck in there because disabled/unverified accounts can become verified/enabled again.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 09:37:37 PM

I understand your point. I'm not defending them whatsoever, they are garbage. I'm just saying that they can't be called scam as we usually know the word scam. They are, in some way, scamming but with a more sophisticated way. Nonetheless I don't think they are spending the money that's stuck in there because disabled/unverified accounts can become verified/enabled again.

I think the bigger worry is that the money might be already gone (hack or embezzlement or whatever) and Bittrex is trying to restrict withdrawals to remain solvent, like Cryptsy did. There is no plausible reason to do what they're doing if the intent was purely KYC. Too many red flags, including the way their customer service is lying point blank.
Mahshad Han

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:39:04 AM

''Confirmed scammers'' That's not really true, they are just really unprofessional. Unfortunately the only way to get your coins/money back is by providing them with your personal information. At the end of the day most exchanges will ask you for personal information.

Except their verification process is horribly broken and instead of providing a reasonable solution they will simply lock the account for good. That is about as scammy as it gets. They know that most people won't go to the trouble of getting a new ID card or whatever is needed to pass the verification (if at all possible) so they can sweep up those small amounts.

If this was purely a KYC issue they would work to help their customers. This is not what's happening. Their support people are acting like assholes determined to piss you off and make it not worth bothering to regain access.

Except if they were really scamming they would have ran away by now. As I said, I'm not defending them, they are extremely unprofessional and a horrible service in general but personally I got verified after a month, I withdrew everything and here I am. You can get verified as well, it just takes time.

They are not only unprofessional.... We can't call "horrible service" actions that killed bittrex reputation. Because this is what they did.... they distroyed their reputation. They where one of the main exchange on the market. How could anyone trust them again after this shit!?

For a comparison we can look on how poloniex treated this kyc requirement... First of all they declared that there will be an annuncement of a deadline for kyc, and even after the deadline customers will be able to withdrawal their funds without verification. This if fair and professional.

It is clear that poloniex don't want to steal customers funds.... What about bittrex?

Bittrex support asked me for submitting US passport and bill utility for an enhance verification. I would add my account is DISABLED for TWO months now!  they closed my tickets and kept the only one. I submitted the document but 24 hours and nothing. I know some people saying they are a scam and don't send your ID but what would you do if you have your coins stuck there!! try whatever possible way. I have submitted all the documents including the passport before. DOn't get it !!
OWZ1337

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:48:17 AM

Bittrex support asked me for submitting US passport and bill utility for an enhance verification. I would add my account is DISABLED for TWO months now!  they closed my tickets and kept the only one. I submitted the document but 24 hours and nothing. I know some people saying they are a scam and don't send your ID but what would you do if you have your coins stuck there!! try whatever possible way. I have submitted all the documents including the passport before. DOn't get it !!

like Warren Buffett said this is not going to end well.. :\

I am not a Financial Analyst, Investment Broker, Financial Adviser, Crypto-Guru or any sort of professional that would be deemed trustworthy! Wink weee™
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:24:48 AM

I think the bigger worry is that the money might be already gone (hack or embezzlement or whatever) and Bittrex is trying to restrict withdrawals to remain solvent, like Cryptsy did. There is no plausible reason to do what they're doing if the intent was purely KYC. Too many red flags, including the way their customer service is lying point blank.

But they have verified a lot of accounts, eventually. I don't know how many tickets they have right now but certainly less than before. They have verified accounts with quite a lot of money too, I don't think they are already gone but time will tell.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
BeBlockTech

Activity: 304
Merit: 15

0xF8D135631a3dE808D86cA1CB1a5D4ecd9c2a0921

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:14:30 AM

I did send 0.1 ether like 7 months ago, to test their services, it was my first time over there and the coins never showed up in my wallet. After a month of tickets opening an reopening and blablabla from their support, I decided to let it go and gave them up as a loss.

Now we have issues with BitFinex and Theter, Cex.io with their assets in Afganistan and not paying withdraws of over 34,000, BitConnect, another post where a guy is waiting for his coins for over a month on Yobit platform, CoinBase with their BtcTrach and with their withdraw problems, South-Korea and China politicians at the top-level of scamming, McAfee pumping shitcoins on Twitter and promoting fake ICO's like no one was watching, newbies crying towards governmental institution, Reddit with their suicide-preventing posts, and I could go on like this but I don't have the energy to do so...

The only way out I've found for the moment is LocalBitcoins, and where I only do business is in person with not too much coins because we never know who is on the other side and what their intentions are.

The crypto world is doomed and the only one making profit are all those scammers. But hey, it will be regulated soon... I don't think so, the only future I think this has, is that it is all going to get banned!

And me, as the dumbass that I am, I quitted my job a year ago to become a "BlockChain programmer". Here I am now, developing Smart Contracts for fun on top of Ethereum and EOS for nothing!! I guess now the only option I have is to go back to Reddit and go search for that fu*king phone number  Tongue.
OWZ1337

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:18:59 AM

I did send 0.1 ether like 7 months ago, to test their services, it was my first time over there and the coins never showed up in my wallet. After a month of tickets opening an reopening and blablabla from their support, I decided to let it go and gave them up as a loss.

Now we have issues with BitFinex and Theter, Cex.io with their assets in Afganistan and not paying withdraws of over 34,000, BitConnect, another post where a guy is waiting for his coins for over a month on Yobit platform, CoinBase with their BtcTrach and with their withdraw problems, South-Korea and China politicians at the top-level of scamming, McAfee pumping shitcoins on Twitter and promoting fake ICO's like no one was watching, newbies crying towards governmental institution, Reddit with their suicide-preventing posts, and I could go on like this but I don't have the energy to do so...

The only way out I've found for the moment is LocalBitcoins, and where I only do business is in person with not too much coins because we never know who is on the other side and what their intentions are.

The crypto world is doomed and the only one making profit are all those scammers. But hey, it will be regulated soon... I don't think so, the only future I think this has, is that it is all going to get banned!

And me, as the dumbass that I am, I quitted my job a year ago to become a "BlockChain programmer". Here I am now, developing Smart Contracts for fun on top of Ethereum and EOS for nothing!! I guess now the only option I have is to go back to Reddit and go search for that fu*king phone number  Tongue.

ban the internet? :-D  come @ me yo

BeBlockTech

Activity: 304
Merit: 15

0xF8D135631a3dE808D86cA1CB1a5D4ecd9c2a0921

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:29:55 AM

ban the internet? :-D  come @ me yo

Ban the Internet??? Where did you rid that?? Come @ you??? Or maybe you mean, come on you... No dude, I'm not into that kind of stuff!! Good luck with your hunt.
OWZ1337

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:49:15 PM

And me, as the dumbass that I am, I quitted my job a year ago to become a "BlockChain programmer". Here I am now, developing Smart Contracts for fun on top of Ethereum and EOS for nothing!! I guess now the only option I have is to go back to Reddit and go search for that fu*king phone number  Tongue.

ban the internet? :-D  come @ me yo

Ban the Internet??? Where did you rid that?? Come @ you??? Or maybe you mean, come on you... No dude, I'm not into that kind of stuff!! Good luck with your hunt.

building for nothing on a broken platform makes soooo much sense!  Roll Eyes

===>your thinking is flawed and thus your view= "crypto-doom" is imminent Wink lol

maco144

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:19:03 PM

I have coins held ransom there for almost 6 months. With an enhanced account and previously enabled they took away and disabled my account when I went to reset my 2FA due to losing a phone. Now they do not accept my picture/id that I send in with drivers license, passport, state ID I just get back a generic form email. Very frustrating!!
Mahshad Han

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:35:46 AM

Hi everyone who has an issue with Bittrex.
I have exactly the same issue for more than two months.
I got in contact with 100 people with the same issue.
We are talking with a lawyer to SUE the Bittrex LLC. We are sending out a demand letter, For Lawyer information and more detail,
Message me and join us and we all share the lawyer fee. Will be a little for each individual. 
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 01:01:21 AM

We are talking with a lawyer to SUE the Bittrex LLC. We are sending out a demand letter, For Lawyer information and more detail,
Message me and join us and we all share the lawyer fee. Will be a little for each individual. 

Post the law firm contact info here. Nobody should deal with you via PM, Skype, or any other way.
Mahshad Han

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:03:52 AM

Post the law firm contact info here. Nobody should deal with you via PM, Skype, or any other way.

I am meeting with two more lawyers this week. Will post the information when we finalize the terms. We are trying to take it to court as a class action so waive the lawyer fee and just work based on the contingencies. We are all in a telegram group, 52 members, and about $4m ~(350BTC) collectively!!!. anyone who wants to join us, I can give him access to the group. Message me to @Cryptoactions This is my personal telegram. Also, This is the channel. Check it out for updates. https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEzWKQaryoKc55t9ig If you need translation help in some comments I can help.
Mahshad Han

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:59:57 AM

I am meeting with two more lawyers this week. Will post the information when we finalize the terms. We are trying to take it to court as a class action so waive the lawyer fee and just work based on the contingencies. We are all in a telegram group, 52 members, and about $4m ~(350BTC) collectively!!!. anyone who wants to join us, I can give him access to the group. Message me to @Cryptoactions This is my personal telegram. Also, This is the channel. Check it out for updates. https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEzWKQaryoKc55t9ig If you need translation help in some comments I can help.

Ok, we are going to start with a demand letter to Bittrex, with Aaron McKown. He is a lawyer and so updated about Crypto and Bittrex specifically.We all are going to share the $500 fee for the initial letter. I am creating a Gmail group to add everyone who wants to start with her and will send the letter in next 24-48 hours. if you want to email me to add you and you can talk with him directly after. You can email me at ahmady.elahe@gmail.com or message here in private here or telegram at @Cryptoactions for more information.  Good luck Everyone
AlecMe

Activity: 392
Merit: 159

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:14:34 PM

Hey.

Have you managed to get it sorted and recovered anything or started negotiations?
duke7

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:13:45 AM

Same thing here, $1.5k stuck...

I opened a support ticket over 21 days ago for manual verification. I got an automatic reply. Days later I opened a second new ticket. Now I got a real person reply saying: " and due to increased volume in tickets we are experiencing longer support times than usual".

Read the Bittrex twitter, google a bit, you will find dozens of people saying the same thing:
"I have been locked",
"I can't take my money out!",
"Give me back my money!",
"Scammers!", etc.

This is really awful... Something has to be done

After 55-60 days waiting it was finally solved. Relief.
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:06:16 AM
Merited by Cent21 (1)

I opened a support ticket over 21 days ago for manual verification. I got an automatic reply. Days later I opened a second new ticket. Now I got a real person reply saying: " and due to increased volume in tickets we are experiencing longer support times than usual".

Read the Bittrex twitter, google a bit, you will find dozens of people saying the same thing:
"I have been locked",
"Scammers!", etc.

ok so if anybody uses this exchange after reading this post, and gets robbed, they deserved to get robbed, because nobody should use this exchange after reading this

Cent21

Activity: 1442
Merit: 578

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:26:28 PM

"I have been locked",
"Scammers!", etc.

ok so if anybody uses this exchange after reading this post, and gets robbed, they deserved to get robbed, because nobody should use this exchange after reading this

I completely agree with you. Nobody should trust bittrex anymore. My withdrawal are still locked, but for bittrex i can continue to deposit even without kyc verification, loosing then my funds.

One day they may decide to force a new "super verification" that no one can complete. Who could know after what they did!?

This is fraud.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: