Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:30:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much money is needed to manipulate scamcoin prices?  (Read 703 times)
asdfqwer147 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:26:40 AM

I’ve gotten pretty lucky lately trading and would like to try to pump and dump some low value coins. Exactly how much money is usually required to make these coins pump and how exactly would I go about in pumping/dumping the coin. I’ve got a decent treasure trove so I can probably make it happen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Heyo:P

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:33:07 AM

This is a pretty risky and shady business. Sorry, can't answer your question; I've never pumped a coin before.
If you do end up pumping a coin mind letting me in on it? Not that I expect you to do so, but it's worth a shot  Wink.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:35:36 AM

If you are not successful you'll be bagholding a lot of the coin you try and pump. Good luck with that.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:41:24 AM

Depends on the coin of course and maybe the exchange used etc too.
The real question would be is there people here that *CAN* do that ?

Well.. think of it this way.
The shitheads from Ethereum handed each other free money before their ICO.
A huge list of "Staff" got paid well !

Following me ?
Ok now go look at what each ETH ICO SCAM COIN is worth now.

Fun Fact:
Risto from Monero infamy said he forgot he had 2.2 million dollars worth of coins on Polo.
He said his account was not verified so it was pretty much stuck there because of withdrawal limits.
And he said he didn't care.

So.. did you make 50 cents on scam coins today ? Congrats you are the winner !

FUD first & ask questions later™
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:31:19 AM

I’ve gotten pretty lucky lately trading and would like to try to pump and dump some low value coins. Exactly how much money is usually required to make these coins pump and how exactly would I go about in pumping/dumping the coin. I’ve got a decent treasure trove so I can probably make it happen.
You would need a large sum of btc at least 2-15 BTC to pump some low value coins. If you are feeling pretty lucky in trading, I suggest you stop what you are about to do because if you fail pumping and dumping the low value coins you will pump, you will end with a loss on your side and having big losses by doing what you think is pretty common.
MnemonicInsomnia

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:48:41 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 07:08:23 AM by MnemonicInsomnia

Trading aggressively with 1% of that coin's entire market cap is enough for a 3-6 hour pump/dump.
It took years of practice and hundreds of thousands of dollars to perfect the strategy.
The price of said coin will swing 25% within said time frame.
ApexEvo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:49:50 AM

You can also try forming or joining a group that handles such operations. Never dived too much into it myself, but I imagine you could minimize your investment this way, as more people will be chipping in to the funds you'll be pumping with. Like people said it's dangerous to go all in on your own into this.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

MnemonicInsomnia

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:57:48 AM

Yes, it usually helps tremendously working with another whale who takes a position on the opposite side of the playing field.
It is a masterpiece when you can pull it off, and is the best high... especially if you can pull it off solo.
Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 07:12:35 AM

You would need to look at the market cap of said coin. Then you would preferable take multiple percents of this market cap and use that to pump&dump. That should throw the price up&down alot.

I'd suggest taking low market cap coins though... Those are alot easier to pump&dump than coins with a market cap of a billion or higher...

And remember: High coin price doesn't tell you anything about the market cap! Market cap = Coin Price * Amount of coins, so the total worth of all those coins together. 1 billion coins of $1 would make a higher market cap than 10 coins of 1 million $.

MnemonicInsomnia

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:23:19 AM

You would need to look at the market cap of said coin. Then you would preferable take multiple percents of this market cap and use that to pump&dump. That should throw the price up&down alot.

I'd suggest taking low market cap coins though... Those are alot easier to pump&dump than coins with a market cap of a billion or higher...

And remember: High coin price doesn't tell you anything about the market cap! Market cap = Coin Price * Amount of coins, so the total worth of all those coins together. 1 billion coins of $1 would make a higher market cap than 10 coins of 1 million $.

Yes, 1% of the coin's entire market cap is enough if you know what you're doing... generally $3-4k profit per hour is healthy.
There are more important factors other than market cap, however I won't be revealing those trade secrets.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:56:32 AM

Manipulating prices of a certain coin would be hard and does really need to have huge amounts for someone could able to dump and pump but honestly speaking i dont know what would be the exact price or estimates in able to do such thing and i have read above that 1% on entire marketcap would able to do so but imagine the amount we are talking here.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 08:26:24 AM

unless that coin is listed on pretty small exchanges only, places like bleutrade only and nowhere else! then you can't not pump it, that is big boys game not yours Smiley

if you think you can even put a dent in an altcoin that is listed on a couple of exchanges that are big such as polo, bittrex, ... or even shitcoins that are small but are listed on shady exchanges such as yobit then you are dreaming my friend. they don't even allow you to swim against the waters. you'll just get crushed.

--looking for signature--
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:00:31 AM

Don't.

There is little liquidity in the market for you to suck up anyways. If you are the only pumper and not creating enough publicity then in the end, you are the ones that will be holding all the scamcoin with nobody to pass it on to - simply because nobody wants them.

I've seen sell order books of $1000 or less for almost dead scamcoins, so if you really want to pump it, just $200, even $100 will probably make the price go up a ton.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: