Bitcoin Forum
December 12, 2017, 06:57:47 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitify safe?  (Read 865 times)
SumTuusDeus

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:23:29 AM

I would like to purchase some gift cards off of bitify, but they require me to send them a picture of my photo I.D. as well as proof of my address. Is this safe? Is bitify a website I can trust with this information?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:41:32 AM

Well, the website it self is considered as legit however, you should understand that you won't be selling to or buying from the company, but you will be trading with individuals. If they are asking you for ID It's probably to make sure that you won't scam the people you are going to trade with.

lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:09:43 AM

I had a good experience with them back then, I bought a digital product off a seller. There was still no need to upload IDs then.

RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 252

भवन्ति न

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:55:21 AM

Although I have never purchased anything from them, I have visited that site frequently for the past few years (even when they were known as Cryptothrift). Bitify emerged as a major alternative, when the no.1 (legal) marketplace which accepted Bitcoins closed down suddenly without any warning (Bitmit). They seems to be reliable and legit.

SumTuusDeus

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:34:59 AM

This is good news. So, I can trust them to keep my information private?
savioroshan

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:48:44 PM

Yes you can trust them . Its a legit website. Last month I purchased two scripts through bitify and I purchase without any problems. I just registered and made purchase. That's it and I got the script. But I don't know why they are asking you to upload your id proof. May be you  purchased for hugh amount of bitcoins.
I did a purchase of only 35 dollars. May be because of that they didn't ask me ID proof.

▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
    ▄█▀▀▄▄███████▄▄▀▀█▄
  ▄█▀▄████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀████▄▀█▄
 ▄█ █████▀█ ▄▄▄ █▀█████ █▄
▄█ █████   █████   █████ █▄
█ ██████   ▀███▀   ██████ █
█ ███████         ███████ █
█ ██████   ▄███▄   ██████ █
▀█ █████   █████   █████ █▀

▀█ █████▄█ ▀▀▀ █▄█████ █▀
  ▀█▄▀████▄▀▀▀▀▀▄████▀▄█▀

▀█▄▄▀▀███████▀▀▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

▄█████████ ███      ███  ▄█████  ▄█████  ▄████████▄   ▄████████▄   ▄█████████ ███       ███
███▀        ███      ███ ███▀    ███▀    ███▀    ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ ███▀        ███       ███
███         ███      ███ ███     ███     ████████████ ███      ███ ███         ███▄     ▄███
███▄        ███▄    ▄███ ███     ███     ███▄         ███      ███ ███▄         ▀███████████
 ▀█████████  ▀████████▀  ███     ███      ▀█████      ███      ███  ▀█████████          ▄███
                                                                                     █████▀
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
█████▀
███▀ 
█▀  ▄█
  ▄███
▄████▀
███▀
█▀  ▄█
  ▄███
▄████▀
███▀
█▀  ▄█
  ▄███
▄█████
█████▀
███▀ 
█▀  ▄█
  ▄███
▄████▀
███▀
█▀  ▄█
  ▄███
▄████▀
███▀
█▀  ▄█
  ▄███
▄█████
neochiny

Activity: 658

Democratizing Global Trade - ICO NOW LIVE

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 11:37:27 PM

They require verification? Since when? I thought that was optional.
Buyers and/or seller would prefer to deal with verified users but it's not mandatory. They have escrow to avoid scams and such.

Anyway, they have been operating for years now and I haven't seen much negative comments so they're probably okay.
Just keep in mind that there are always the possibility of leaks/hacks, so, weigh your options. And, do a bit of reading/research, see what issues they might have had, if any.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
SumTuusDeus

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:24:26 AM

Ya, that is what I'm doing now. I wonder if the is anyway I could but an account that has anyway gone through this. Because I am unlikely to buy anything that needs shipped. Just digital goods.
neochiny

Activity: 658

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 05:02:39 AM

I do not recommend buying/selling of verified accounts as that just increases risks for scams, both to you and whoever you may transact with.

If by "digital goods" you mean gift cards then, Have you checked out the Marketplace in forum?
We have a Goods section there, along with Digital Goods , Computer Hardware, and even Collectibles. Take a look, it doesn't need verification nor documents, but do be careful and use an escrow when you transact. Use the search function or go through Goods and Digital Goods, that's where they usually are.^^

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
lumeire
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:41:22 PM

Ya, that is what I'm doing now. I wonder if the is anyway I could but an account that has anyway gone through this. Because I am unlikely to buy anything that needs shipped. Just digital goods.

Then you're good to go, try to update us with your transaction experience.  Smiley

Amadues

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:43:59 PM

I would like to purchase some gift cards off of bitify, but they require me to send them a picture of my photo I.D. as well as proof of my address. Is this safe? Is bitify a website I can trust with this information?

The main goal of this service is  providing service for  "safe trading". You need to pay 2.5% service fee for escrow,the fee will be deducted from total amount. Be careful and never buy anything without using escrow from  sellers whether they are verified or not.Also there are auctions on forum want to sell verified bitify account  Wink

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 252

भवन्ति न

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:28:30 AM

If you just need the gift cards, then why don't you post a request here in the Services section or the marketplace section? I understand that you don't want to submit your ID proof. In that case, why not try to purchase the gift cards from some other source?

jorneyflair

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:31:38 AM

Don't use it - the site itself is completely legit and i have no problems against them but the items listed there are usually hacked/stolen. Especilaly when they seem too good to be true, they probably are. Gift cards is something that you should never touch with bitcoin without the proper knowledge and unless you have some sort of method to prevent fraud/use the gift card even if it turned out to be carded.

I've fallen into a trap on that site once. Bought an amazon gc, released the payment but the gc was emptied a couple minutes after i got it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄███████████████▄
     ▄█████████████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████████████▄
  █████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████
▐██████   ▀████▀  ▐▌       █████▌
██████▌    ▀█▀    ███▌  █████████
██████  ▐▄    ▄  ▐███  ▐█████████
█████▌  ██▄ ▄█▌  ███▌  █████████▌
▐███████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬
White Paper
▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬
lumeire
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 07:19:53 AM

Don't use it - the site itself is completely legit and i have no problems against them but the items listed there are usually hacked/stolen. Especilaly when they seem too good to be true, they probably are. Gift cards is something that you should never touch with bitcoin without the proper knowledge and unless you have some sort of method to prevent fraud/use the gift card even if it turned out to be carded.

I've fallen into a trap on that site once. Bought an amazon gc, released the payment but the gc was emptied a couple minutes after i got it.

You shouldv'e tried Gyft, I bought a GC with them once and everything was smooth.

bL4nkcode

Activity: 672

Trusted Escrow Service? Go here -> goo.gl/qSGvAk

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 08:40:58 AM

If you just need the gift cards, then why don't you post a request here in the Services section or the marketplace section? I understand that you don't want to submit your ID proof. In that case, why not try to purchase the gift cards from some other source?
This must be okay, but try to choose someone that is trusted for that service, I mean that he had many clients already for selling gift cards. And dont forget to use an escrow for safe trade  but of course use a trusted one.

Mike Mayor

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:18:31 AM

Who is asking you for your ID ? No one asked me for mine and I won't give it to them. Will they show me there's first ? Didn't think so.
Here look at this link you must use escrow it's worth it.

https://bitify.com/bitify-escrow-service/

Yes it is a legit site and the verified sellers are real.

Duetschpire

Activity: 369

bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 05:13:38 AM

Hi, Thanks for considering trying Bitify. Please note that you do not need to be verified to buy on the site. Only sellers wishing to sell gift cards or fiat to BTC credit are required to be verified. This is to help us protect both our buyers and ourselves.

Thanks to everyone who's put a good word out there for us. You've always been a supporting community Smiley

Note: always use escrow when buying with Bitcoin; whether it's on Bitify or any other site/service. If you're planning on buying gift cards using Bitcoin, always use/redeem the balance on the gift cards before releasing escrow. Checking the card has balance is not enough, you have to remember this is a virtual card so whoever sent it to you already has a copy of the code and can easily use/redeem the balance after they receive escrow.
--
Ahmad

ice18

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 01:00:22 AM

Im searching today where to buy windows 10 pro for my newly bought desktop, I found bitify.com and search some reviews about this site and I found this comments it looks legit, Maybe I will try this.

lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 980

Boi, boi mah!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 05:43:51 AM

i used such, although i did not finally having at least one successful transaction, i believe that kind of site, ie bitify is legit, their system are accurate enough to use. there are reasonable fees though, not been there for more than a year however.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.