Bitcoin Forum
October 18, 2017, 04:19:06 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: believing God just because of hell's scary price  (Read 1596 times)
labilaab

Activity: 7

Im still new to cryptocurrency trading

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:09:57 AM

Hi guys, how many of you here believe only in God just because you're afraid to go to hell?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Idrisu

Activity: 350

For Lady and Mister! Enjoy Bazista!

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:56:41 AM

Believing in God just because you are afraid of hell fire create more damage then good. I word of its self is against fears. I love God because he first love me before the foundation of the earth. " Perfect love cast out fears"

▄██████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████████
████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀████████████████████
Bazista
██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██
██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██
██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██

██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██
██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██
██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██
|||
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:44:53 AM

Hi guys, how many of you here believe only in God just because you're afraid to go to hell?

I dont believe in afterlife at all, yet I am sure there is a God in some form.

Science, that emerged in the shadow of christianity in the past three centuries explains how certain laws of physics work, yet it fails by nature to provide any answers for why, who or put them in context of human existence.

I understand, that idea of hell, however can be beneficial as it reminds people, that whatever they do to their fellow human beings, good or bad - will be judged, if not by authorities in this life, than after it.
Mometaskers

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:14:34 PM

This is what I got into a disagreement with a family member about. She mentioned we should do good because that's what God find pleasing and the only way to get into heaven anyway. I pointed out that if someone's doing it only because God said it was good then that's basically the same as sucking up. And if you actually were good because you're looking forward to heaven, then you won't end up there because you were doing it for a reward.

I have no doubt that some people want to do good, but it can happen regardless of what religion you have or don't have.
TomUyamot

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:30:39 PM

Definitely not me. That's just too shallow a reason for a believer, if at all the name fits him or her. Believing in a god, well, at least for me, always involves a certain leap of faith, of someone or something out there we can consider god and not of any other dogma and beliefs attached to religion. One may believe in a god but not in hell or heaven and the like.

And, finally, if indeed there is one, that god won't be sending those who, by valid circumstances, do not know him or her to hell.   Smiley Smiley

joebrook

Activity: 266

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:41:37 PM

If you believe in the afterlife then you must surely believe that there is a deity who will punish the evil doers for their evil deed and reward the good too.

BITVEST DICE
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
GreenBits

Activity: 882

For those that murdered me shall stand before God

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:59:52 PM

I'm from the Southern Baptist Convention. Look us up.
Literally, this shit was hammered into my head since I was old enough not to fall asleep in Church. It's my main critique of my particular branch of the faith; the perils of Hell were greatly emphasised, but the joys of life and the wonders of the Lord were rarely touched upon. And I had one of those old school hollering style pastors, you could here him scream 'Jesus!' outside the Church and down the block. A quarter mile on a cold day Wink

Jesus!

SimmonenY

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:35:44 PM

If you believe in hell and afraid of it then you automatically believe in god.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:49:19 PM

Missing out on Hell is the lesser of the two positive reasons to get to Heaven. Missing out on the joys of Heaven is the greater reason for not going to Hell.

Cool
topse

Activity: 141

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 02:48:46 AM

heaven is the best reason why i believe in god,
we'll do obligation of our religion sincerely when we put heaven as the reason,

kodes88

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:51:28 AM

Believing in God is not just knowing the existence of afterlife. Believing in God is not just for fear of hell. But believe in God because God is actually exists. Simply put, if you believe in God you will believe in afterlife. And if you are afraid to go to hell, then you believe in God.

FORTUNEJACK.COM[

9 BTC WELCOME PACK FOR 1ST 5 DEPOSITS
FREE 1,000 mBTC daily for LuckyJack winners
[

]
boldar

Activity: 134

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:52:54 AM

Believing in God is not just knowing the existence of afterlife. Believing in God is not just for fear of hell. But believe in God because God is actually exists. Simply put, if you believe in God you will believe in afterlife. And if you are afraid to go to hell, then you believe in God.

A great way to put it as you said. If you are scared to be separated from God, then you want to be with God.
mademerich

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:54:22 AM

If the only reason to believe in god is to avoid hell then god is evil. A good god would judge you by your actions and not your beliefs, and if god is truly evil then I will risk the fires of hell and ask for forgiveness as I'm being tortured.

Sadlife

Activity: 294

Why so serious?

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:10:32 AM

If you believe in God because you're afraid of hell is like believing in hell itself, isn't it. ? I'd ask this same questions to myself before but right now im not afraid of hell cause ive finally found out the truth about religions it is not what they said to be about the stories about god cause the bible is controlled and altered by those in power especially vatican to make you fear hell and worship their self created gods that is the figurine's created by them so people can worship them and get money from them they even have hospitals and schools, can you imagine clergy men that is running the vatican and churches has schools and hospitals. Who knows what other establishments they have build. Everything you know about your god is a big fat lie.

Sebeum

█ █
███

███ █
███ █
███ █
███ █

███ █
███
█ █

An Innovative Cryptocurrency That Gives Dividends
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

█
  █ █
  ███

█ ███
█ ███
█ ███
█ ███

█ ███
  ███
  █ █
    █

▄██████████████▄
██        █████
██          ███
███          ███
███          ███
███          ███
███          ███
███          ███
▀██████████████▀

WHITE
PAPER

███████▀
█████▀
████

████
████
████
████
████

████
█████▄
███████▄

▀███████
  ▀█████
    ████

████
    ████
    ████
    ████
    ████

████
  ▄█████
▄███████

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:33:56 AM

If the only reason to believe in god is to avoid hell then god is evil. A good god would judge you by your actions and not your beliefs, and if god is truly evil then I will risk the fires of hell and ask for forgiveness as I'm being tortured.

What does a person do, his actions?

The body does all kinds of involuntary actions. It is part of life. I mean, you don't have to think about it to make your heart beat.

Sometimes you are tricked into doing things. The Revelation talks about the dragon's tail sweeping a third of the stars out of the sky. Bible scholars interpret this to mean that a third of the angels were tricked into following the devil's lead. How many would have followed him if they had known that it would mean their ultimate destruction?

The rest of the things that you do, you do because you believe in what you are doing. Even the bank robber who knows that he is doing wrong, but hopes that he can outsmart justice.

In other words, we do what we believe. Don't wait until you can't ask for forgiveness - from the pit of Hell. Ask for forgiveness now. And know that you will receive it, because God has provided it already... like ripe fruit on a tree, just waiting to be plucked and eaten... in Jesus.

Cool
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:37:59 AM

If you believe in God because you're afraid of hell is like believing in hell itself, isn't it. ? I'd ask this same questions to myself before but right now im not afraid of hell cause ive finally found out the truth about religions it is not what they said to be about the stories about god cause the bible is controlled and altered by those in power especially vatican to make you fear hell and worship their self created gods that is the figurine's created by them so people can worship them and get money from them they even have hospitals and schools, can you imagine clergy men that is running the vatican and churches has schools and hospitals. Who knows what other establishments they have build. Everything you know about your god is a big fat lie.

The Bible doesn't change. The Bible in the original Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic is available. That is what the Bible is. English, or Russian or Spanish, etc., are only translations. The translations change to keep up with the changing language. Try reading Old English from the time of King James sometime. It is very difficult, because the English language has changed.

Cool
Heyyyrenz

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:27:58 AM

Yes some people (not all) believe in God because they're afraid to into hell their reason is to they don't want to go to eternal flame that's why they're forcing themselves to believe and praise God but it's wrong believing in God is just having peace in your mind and to find true meaning of life. Believing in God is helps you to find inner peace, find true meaning of life, building good habits of you etc. this is what religion wants us to achieve but some people didn't see this as it is they focus on what will happen  to them if they don't believe in God.

thymeow

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:41:52 AM

I believe in God not because I was taught, or not because my religion told me so. I believe in God because i felt its presence. I for one experience what people mostly called miracle. I do confess that I'm not a religious person. I made mistakes and I've done sins.
So yeah, I believe in God because believing in him made me become a better person even though I'm a flaming homosexual and not because society told me to and not because there's hell.
7daystodie

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:54:51 AM

I believe in God not because of fear of falling into hell or because of religion. I believe in God, because he helps to live.

▛ [ CENTRA ] Multi-Blockchain Worldwide Debit Card & Insured Wallet
▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
▙     FacebookSlackTwitterGithubMediumANN Thread     ▟
Xester

Activity: 616

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:18:27 AM

It is kind of funny that the reason why you believe God is because you are afraid of the hell.  I believe God.  There is no need of further explanation.  We have our own will if we want to believe Him or not.  But the mere fact that you and I are here that explains a lot.  We are not here just by accident.  I love God.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.