Poll
Question: Which is the most anonymous?
PIVX
Monero
Zcash
Dash

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are PIVX and Zcash viable alternatives? (Controversy around dash and Monero)  (Read 1869 times)
Rockie1234 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:32:28 AM

I phrased my previous thread quite badly so here it is again.

There was a paper released on Monero saying that about 20% of transactions could be traced (not sure how true) and smooth said that there are known flaws in Monero.
At the same time, Dash always has the premine problem, so are Zcash and PIVX better for anonymity?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dude.Lebowski

Activity: 129
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:10:11 AM

There was a paper released on Monero saying that about 20% of transactions could be traced (not sure how true) and smooth said that there are known flaws in Monero.
At the same time, Dash always has the premine problem, so are Zcash and PIVX better for anonymity?

Link to Monero paper please?

Thanks!

Okay. The old man told me to take any rug in the house.
MirkoIta
Legendary

Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008

Stoned & Stranged

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 11:15:08 AM

Zcash still relies on the trust towards the dev team so I wouldn't be so sure about its anonimity. That released paper is about a flaw in Monero documented already and taken care of with the last hard forks. There is for sure a lot of work to do but I trust XMR devs way more than ZEC.

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ENGLISH TO ITALIAN TRANSLATOR? HIRE ME ON https://fivebucks.com/users/MirkoItalia            
     ONLY BITCOIN SV ACCEPTED
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:23:58 PM

Zcash & Monero are my choices.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:08:21 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2017, 05:20:20 PM by qwizzie

Dash does not have a premine problem because it was never premined.
Please try to stick to the facts.

Fastmine / instamine : yes
Premine : no

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:17:07 PM

Explain the difference between the captive instamine and a premine. I challenge you.

The result is exactly the same but the term premine is more honest. That is the only difference in the end.

You repeating your nonsense just makes you look even more dishonest to anyone who knows how it went down.

Give it a rest qwizzie you are almost as negative for dash as tao lately. You two are like the dash destroyers except tao blew the whistle on dash at the start.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 05:17:17 PM

Quibbling over the difference of a premine and an instamine is like quibbling over 2 * 1 versus 2 x 1, they both = 2

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:22:13 PM

Fastmine / instamine : yes
Premine : no

Quibbling over the difference of a premine and an instamine is like quibbling over 2 * 1 versus 2 x 1, they both = 2

And i will just keep correcting those that are trying to label Dash as a premined coin.
Eventhough they should know better....

And looking at the Dash market it is very clear the instamine from more then 3 years ago does not form a problem either.
Specially not to its optional anonymity process. Why would it ? The anonymity of Dash never got broken.
Sure it can take some time to mix, specially with 8 mixing rounds but i suspect that changes when Dash Evolution gets released.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:36:13 PM

I believe Monero is the best anonymous coin out there, the flaw detected in the code has been corrected by hard fork. Dash is just a brand nothing else. PIVX is a joke in my opinion while Zcash is an institutional coin.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Rockie1234 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:29:48 PM

I believe Monero is the best anonymous coin out there, the flaw detected in the code has been corrected by hard fork. Dash is just a brand nothing else. PIVX is a joke in my opinion while Zcash is an institutional coin.

Why do you think PIVX is a joke and why do you believe Zcash is an institutional coin?

Zcash still relies on the trust towards the dev team so I wouldn't be so sure about its anonimity. That released paper is about a flaw in Monero documented already and taken care of with the last hard forks. There is for sure a lot of work to do but I trust XMR devs way more than ZEC.

How is Zcash reliant on trust to the devs?
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:23:21 AM

When Ethereum gets ZK-Snarks no other anonymous coin will be needed. ( With the possible exception of Byteball Black Bytes )
Radientgurkin

Activity: 182
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:12:56 PM

This was a pretty interesting discussion. Any new thoughts on this?

Anybody got experience with PIVX wallet?  The PIVX core wallet is in my experience not as stable as other coin wallets, but has some potential for privacy through the obfuscation feature. Any thoughts on this vs the others ( like DAS privatesend)

PovertyByte

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:09:09 AM

Dash is nothing more than masternodes working as a tumbler, with the fear that one person holds half of them and can decipher a third of all private transactions. ZCash relies on a trusted setup for security and I would never trust a company to take ownership of a truly anon coin once the dark markets use it, you can be they saved the back door key. Whoever is using ZCash on AB right now is in for a rude awakening someday.

At the moment, PivX is like Dash privacy wise but the masternodes are more decentralized. When PivX gets Zerocoin implemented it will be far superior to Dash in privacy. So it is PivX vs. Monero, the others on the poll are not true contenders.

Besides ZCash, there are other coins with the same zk-snarks. Zencash is already ahead of the game with encrypted network traffic and messaging, HUSH has some developments under way also.
Genesis1337

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 05:21:53 AM

Dash is nothing more than masternodes working as a tumbler, with the fear that one person holds half of them and can decipher a third of all private transactions. ZCash relies on a trusted setup for security and I would never trust a company to take ownership of a truly anon coin once the dark markets use it, you can be they saved the back door key. Whoever is using ZCash on AB right now is in for a rude awakening someday.

At the moment, PivX is like Dash privacy wise but the masternodes are more decentralized. When PivX gets Zerocoin implemented it will be far superior to Dash in privacy. So it is PivX vs. Monero, the others on the poll are not true contenders.

Besides ZCash, there are other coins with the same zk-snarks. Zencash is already ahead of the game with encrypted network traffic and messaging, HUSH has some developments under way also.

Does PIVX have superior privacy to all of this?

https://lab.getmonero.org/pubs/MRL-0005.pdf
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Blockstream/borromean_paper/master/borromean_draft_0.01_34241bb.pdf is a good supplement
https://jonasnick.github.io/blog/2016/12/17/a-problem-with-ringct/

Do you have any good papers / videos on privacy / mathematics / code behind PIVX ? I should probably do the due diligence myself, I am way late to the train.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:25:57 AM

I vote another option, CloakCoin.

https://www.cloakcoin.com/en/learn-more.html

https://cloak.blog/2017/06/05/cloak-update-3/

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:07:46 AM

Interesting, I see 0 for Dash.
Paracelsus

Activity: 347

Activity: 2017

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:30:40 AM

And which is better do we have consensus about? What determines which one will be chosen as a best, code, support of community, usability?
100% anonymity does not exists, but which one is closest to this? What about other coins not mentioned here, Maybe they are even better?
deliveryman

Activity: 277

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:33:40 AM

Particl will launch soon ( rebrand of shadowcash )
and includes everything and more all other anon coins have.

Bitcoin Core .14 with Segwit
NIZKP zero knowledge proofs
CT Ringsigs
PoS

So basicly they are the first coin ever to launch segwith nativeley on .14 core
They beat monero because they have a better CT ringsig scheme
They beat Zencash and Zcash because they implement zero knowledge on bitcoin .14 natively including segwit so its a lot faster
They beat any mining coin because of the new PoS scheme.
They beat Dash ..well.. afaik dash has nothing to offer. But if i have to mention anything specific because of their dual token system which is a lot safer then mixing coins and allows allows users to choose if they WANT to be anonymous or not.

it seems like the best coin out there, by far.

You can check www.particl.io

They are now running testnet and it works flawless.

read here https://particl.news/project-update-june-6th-2017-eeec12500754

currently testing

Confidential Transactions
Decentralized Voting
Donation Addresses
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: