Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:10:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange landing  (Read 402 times)
oort (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:58:11 PM

Hello!

I'm longterm holding few bitcoins, i don't plan to touch them for a couple of years atleast. Then i figured out that lending them might be much more profitable instead of letting them just sit on a private key. 'manual' lending takes more effort: handling collaterals, finding interested parties etc. so i found two exchanges that allow 'authomatic' lending, Poloniex and Bitfinex.

Considering that i'm aware that no exchange is 100% safe and that there is always a degree of risk involved with not having the priv keys of your founds, the lending rate seems quite good and the reward part of the risk/reward seems quite decent to me.

Are there any other exchanges that let you lend your BTCs (dividing the founds might mitigate the risk)? Do you have any other suggestion or tip (i'm about to move my BTCs there and let them stake for a year or two)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oort (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:41:31 PM

Hello!

I'm longterm holding few bitcoins, i don't plan to touch them for a couple of years atleast. Then i figured out that lending them might be much more profitable instead of letting them just sit on a private key. 'manual' lending takes more effort: handling collaterals, finding interested parties etc. so i found two exchanges that allow 'authomatic' lending, Poloniex and Bitfinex.

Considering that i'm aware that no exchange is 100% safe and that there is always a degree of risk involved with not having the priv keys of your founds, the lending rate seems quite good and the reward part of the risk/reward seems quite decent to me.

Are there any other exchanges that let you lend your BTCs (dividing the founds might mitigate the risk)? Do you have any other suggestion or tip (i'm about to move my BTCs there and let them stake for a year or two)?
Poloniex has a ton of scam accusations against them so avoid them. Bitfinix was hacked so probably not trust worthy either. I reccomend that you participate in something called the Byteball air drop, as it lets you get .01 worth of altcoins for every Bitcoin you hold. I would appreciate a small tip if I helped

Poloniex is the biggest ALT\BTC exchange out there, i'm sure it's solvent atm. In fact, you might not know this but they lost some users founds in the past but they returned them all. Bitfinex is one of the largest BTC\USD exchange out there, they were hacked, it's true, but they too gave back to the users most of the losses.
I already said that i'm aware of the risks.

I'm not looking for alcoin airdops, trades, investments... i just want to lend my BTC, looking for the best way to do it automatically.
Hatcher

Activity: 369
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:57:52 AM

Hello!

Poloniex has a ton of scam accusations against them so avoid them. Bitfinix was hacked so probably not trust worthy either. I reccomend that you participate in something called the Byteball air drop, as it lets you get .01 worth of altcoins for every Bitcoin you hold. I would appreciate a small tip if I helped

Poloniex is the biggest ALT\BTC exchange out there, i'm sure it's solvent atm. In fact, you might not know this but they lost some users founds in the past but they returned them all. Bitfinex is one of the largest BTC\USD exchange out there, they were hacked, it's true, but they too gave back to the users most of the losses.
I already said that i'm aware of the risks.

I'm not looking for alcoin airdops, trades, investments... i just want to lend my BTC, looking for the best way to do it automatically.

Then yeah, Poloniex is probably the best option for that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: