Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:05:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ---The Ripple Effect---  (Read 637 times)
Hodor7777 (OP)

Activity: 615
Merit: 112

It’s easy to confuse what is with what ought to be

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 02:02:35 PM

https://steemit.com/ripple/@wildy/the-ripple-effect-would-this-penny-cryptocurrency-emerge-and-catch-up-with-bitcoin-and-ethereum

This is a blog entry today by a steemit writer. 

On twitter: https://twitter.com/StakepoolCom/status/895273373391081472

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
faceofhumanity

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:46:12 PM

Ripple ( + xrp ) are changing the face international finance for good. XRP simplifies international money transfer. XRP makes the money transfer super fast and economical. Why XRP is the 21st century asset :

https://www.quora.com/Is-Ripple-better-than-Ethereum-What-are-the-technical-and-fundamental-differences

From the above link, Even VB almost came to work for Ripple.

Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 04:18:30 PM

From the above link, Even VB almost came to work for Ripple.

Note many people know that story!  Nice reminder.

yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:33:10 PM

To ripple as to blockchain technology and to XRP as to cryptocurrency. Ripple protocol has a greater potential to be adopted by most financial and banking company they boast their processing speed of upto 70000 transactions per seconds that is closest to VISA transaction that can handle to 50000 to 60000 transactions per seconds compare to bitcoin which 10 transactions per seconds. in terms of real business world speed is everything there's no doubt that this could overtake the bitcoin's blockchain technolgy.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:59:24 PM

I own a tiny amount of Ripple and can totally see this being the solution for banks to transmit currency... but does that make it a good investment?  What stops a centralized org from creating more XRP; creating the same situation we have with fiat currency?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
nellz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:11:41 PM

to me ripple kinda rip..  i wait it for so long time to go up again but still kinda rip to me. i suggest to save a little ripple in box safe for the future if any bump coin in the future.
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:15:47 PM

We cant say Ripple is better than Ethereum or Bitcoin, but I agree that Ripple has a chance to overtake them. We'll see where Ripple move!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 06:03:06 PM

I own a tiny amount of Ripple and can totally see this being the solution for banks to transmit currency... but does that make it a good investment?  What stops a centralized org from creating more XRP; creating the same situation we have with fiat currency?

• It's not centralized - anybody can run a validator
  • Why would the validators vote to increase the amount of XRP and destroy their own investment and the entire XRP market?  It makes no sense.

JoelKatz (a.k.a. David Schwartz) has responded to this accusation numerous times, but it seems like those posters with an agenda just like to repeat the same FUD over and over. 

Here's where to find instructions on running your own validator node on the XRP network: https://ripple.com/build/rippled-setup/

Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 06:05:16 PM

We cant say Ripple is better than Ethereum or Bitcoin, but I agree that Ripple has a chance to overtake them. We'll see where Ripple move!

Wel... on the one hand I like the positive comment on the end, but it doesn't cancel out the fact that you're wrong in the first sentence.  XRP beats both Bitcoin and Ethereum metrics in speed and scalability.  It's well documented here:

https://ripple.com/xrp/

1ofthemany

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:24:51 PM

It's overly simplistic to judge whether one is "better".  Better in what sense? Better for what purpose? In terms of institutional payments, ripple suits the banks needs much better than PoW protocols.
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 06:27:07 PM

It's overly simplistic to judge whether one is "better".  Better in what sense? Better for what purpose? In terms of institutional payments, ripple suits the banks needs much better than PoW protocols.

This is a true statement.  XRP is better at speed and scalability.  And converting currencies. 

Eth is better at smart contracts and DApps.  Bitcoin is better at.... well, anyway, let's move on.  Smiley

ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:45:04 PM

I own a tiny amount of Ripple and can totally see this being the solution for banks to transmit currency... but does that make it a good investment?  What stops a centralized org from creating more XRP; creating the same situation we have with fiat currency?

• It's not centralized - anybody can run a validator
  • Why would the validators vote to increase the amount of XRP and destroy their own investment and the entire XRP market?  It makes no sense.

JoelKatz (a.k.a. David Schwartz) has responded to this accusation numerous times, but it seems like those posters with an agenda just like to repeat the same FUD over and over.  

Here's where to find instructions on running your own validator node on the XRP network: https://ripple.com/build/rippled-setup/

The amount of bullshit and lies in this forum is mind blowing.
One Company and one company only is selling every single XRP he calls it decentralized.
Hodor7777 is a typical example how a Rippple investor fleeces the poor XRP investors so he can enjoy a comfortable life.
R.I.P

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 07:23:56 PM

The amount of bullshit and lies in this forum is mind blowing.
One Company and one company only is selling every single XRP he calls it decentralized.
Hodor7777 is a typical example how a Rippple investor fleeces the poor XRP investors so he can enjoy a comfortable life.
R.I.P

Ah yes, the internet, where anybody can post anything...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: