Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:47:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: XEL - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 252961 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptojukebox

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:22:44 PM

Quoting from website..

"While setting up a local grid-computing cluster seems very straight-forward, it comes at a considerable cost. Not only do you have to purchase enough equipment to deliver the resources you need, but you also have to pay the recurring costs for maintenance and operation. This is not a very economical way for occasional calculations and one-time projects."

-- very true. The costs are huge and I believe XEL will be a boon to the tech ecosystem.

Good luck with your project.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ivokonon

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:19:18 AM

Guys if you have a steemit account please upvote and resteem this if you like: https://steemit.com/elastic/@xeline/help-us-get-elastic-xel-listed-on-scrypto-part-1

This is gonna be a daily series until we collect all the necessary funds needed to get XEL listed on Digitalprice.io., hopefully a couple of weeks will be more than enough Smiley

+3395 votes delivered. Elastic now has more than 170% as many votes as the closest competitor. Intentionally extra to discourage contest of the matter. Still, best watch out, in case competitors have any last minute surge before the August 18th vote end.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:57:17 AM

Guys if you have a steemit account please upvote and resteem this if you like: https://steemit.com/elastic/@xeline/help-us-get-elastic-xel-listed-on-scrypto-part-1

This is gonna be a daily series until we collect all the necessary funds needed to get XEL listed on Digitalprice.io., hopefully a couple of weeks will be more than enough Smiley

+3395 votes delivered. Elastic now has more than 170% as many votes as the closest competitor. Intentionally extra to discourage contest of the matter. Still, best watch out, in case competitors have any last minute surge before the August 18th vote end.

that's a great news.
Anyways, right now which are the exchanges in which we can trade xel?

thanks for your help.
Ivokonon

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:45:57 AM

thanks for your help.

No problem.

Current exchanges are Bittrex and its Korean partner of Upbit, aside from a slight trace on the Stellar decentralized exchange. No others, AFAIK.

So XEL has an exchange with a picture-based ID verification process first and also a decentralized exchange. But XEL doesn't presently have a classic style simple exchange for casual trades, a role which digitalprice.io will hopefully serve.

Not having tried the Stellar DEX yet myself, I am unsure why it is not more popular, not just on XEL but on all of its listings, though usually DEX attempts thus far have been clunky.
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:49:18 AM

OH MY GOD! I was so angry with myself because I am at my village since Tuesday and forgot to bring the @xeline password with me so until Sunday when I am back I couldn't continue making these posts on steemit and then you come as a hero and donate a shit ton of votes! THANK YOU!

I promise I will use the funds for something else beneficial for XEL and of course come up with an other daily series on steemit to promote the coin!

Thanks again!
josegines

Activity: 811
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:06:54 PM

I do not understand what they say about a vote, this list has been blocked for 3 weeks:

QUBIC: a quorum-based computations protocol.- by Come-from-Beyond
What is Qubic?
Coinmarketcap(Qubic) Coingecko(Qubic)
trumpman

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:11:52 PM

I do not understand what they say about a vote, this list has been blocked for 3 weeks:

The admin means that no more coins can be added on that particular voting list, in which the top two coins will get selected on 18 of August. At least that's how I understand it given the context that you... coincidentally left out of your screenshot!
josegines

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:08:54 PM

The admin means that no more coins can be added on that particular voting list, in which the top two coins will get selected on 18 of August. At least that's how I understand it given the context that you... coincidentally left out of your screenshot!

Well, the capture is a part of what everyone can see in the link in your steemit article:
https://scrypto.io/s/scryptonews/?contentId=27512

It may be as you say, blocking may mean that you can not add more crypts, but also adds that in the future another system will be used, using a form.

On the other hand, you comment on your previous message that you will donate the funds obtained in Steemit,

I promise I will use the funds for something else beneficial for XEL and of course come up with an other daily series on steemit to promote the coin!

but I only see $ 0.68 at the bottom of the article, what funds do you mean?

What is Qubic?
trumpman

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:09:18 PM

Well, the capture is a part of what everyone can see in the link in your steemit article:
https://scrypto.io/s/scryptonews/?contentId=27512

It may be as you say, blocking may mean that you can not add more crypts, but also adds that in the future another system will be used, using a form.

On the other hand, you comment on your previous message that you will donate the funds obtained in Steemit,

but I only see $ 0.68 at the bottom of the article, what funds do you mean?

And this post made 10 $ which were used to buy 300 dp votes: https://steemit.com/elastic/@xeline/help-us-get-elastic-xel-listed-on-scrypto-part-1#comments

Unfortunately I am not a whale on steemit, just a small dolphin, so that's all I can deliver. Plus it's not about the money only, it's also about the free publicity and building a strong community and as you see somebody came up and bought all the votes we needed and then some thanks to that post that made only 0.62! These votes were worth approximately 100$!

If I may ask, why all this negativity for something good? Perhaps you can do better? If yes, please be my guest. If not, you can always stfu.
josegines

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:49:32 PM

If I may ask, why all this negativity for something good? Perhaps you can do better? If yes, please be my guest. If not, you can always stfu.

I was just asking, the truth is that I am not familiar with the use of steemit and I did not know how to see the funds generated by that article, I was only seeing those $ 0.62.

I am in Elastic from the beginning, I was one of the humble donors and I have gone through all the phases that we have had since then.

Did you know there is an Elastic forum? It was created more than a year ago, although it is true that it is barely used, it had its good moments. Then Slack arrived.

https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/

Here there has been a lot of talk about having more exchanges, for months, I'm glad that now it seems that there is a more propitious situation to have some more. The truth is that Elastic does not have anything marketing, it is rare that Bittrex has not thrown us out, but by some miracle, this crypto has had enough volume for months to remain there.

What is Qubic?
trumpman

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:00:07 AM

I was just asking, the truth is that I am not familiar with the use of steemit and I did not know how to see the funds generated by that article, I was only seeing those $ 0.62.

I am in Elastic from the beginning, I was one of the humble donors and I have gone through all the phases that we have had since then.

Did you know there is an Elastic forum? It was created more than a year ago, although it is true that it is barely used, it had its good moments. Then Slack arrived.

Here there has been a lot of talk about having more exchanges, for months, I'm glad that now it seems that there is a more propitious situation to have some more. The truth is that Elastic does not have anything marketing, it is rare that Bittrex has not thrown us out, but by some miracle, this crypto has had enough volume for months to remain there.

Awesome, glad we are on the same page. Yeah I know about the forum but I found out about xel about 3 months ago and by then it was pretty much dead Sad

Maybe you wanna join us on discord? We are brainstorming many ideas, like how to join more exchanges and to contact universities and inform them about xel
SeksiStarlord

Activity: 384
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:39:14 AM

I am also in the Digital Price discord, let me explain. All coins on this list have currently the chance to be added, every month they add the top 2 with most votes. This post in your screenshot means that they are not currently adding coins to this voting list. Thats all. If all goes well XEL and another coin will win this month.

This exchange has currently not much volume but those guys are working hard and delivering step by step so it will be cool to see XEL there, also notsofast is liking it as it seems: https://twitter.com/notsofast/status/1007967943207063553

But XEL doesn't presently have a classic style simple exchange for casual trades, a role which digitalprice.io will hopefully serve.

Not having tried the Stellar DEX yet myself, I am unsure why it is not more popular, not just on XEL but on all of its listings, though usually DEX attempts thus far have been clunky.

Thank you very much Ivokonom for your votes, I agree with you and share the same opinion with you.

I invite all to join the XEL discord Smiley

https://discord.gg/E2JBb4b
josegines

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:00:58 AM

Awesome, glad we are on the same page. Yeah I know about the forum but I found out about xel about 3 months ago and by then it was pretty much dead Sad

Maybe you wanna join us on discord? We are brainstorming many ideas, like how to join more exchanges and to contact universities and inform them about xel

the forum

helped a lot last year when the Light version was released to be able to be in Bittrex and also for the voting of the logo. Also other configuration topics.

I'm already in the new Discord group, just like in the old one,
https://discord.gg/jkKAgA
I hope the new one is more successful. I do not know if the old one is completely closed.

Have you talked to @EK? He is the person who has done the most for the project, we could say that he is the commander of the ship.

In slack there was a good atmosphere and that is where EK has been publishing updates. Since May, I miss the interventions of other people who also collaborated a lot in the project, keeping the slack group updated:
mr.coinzy, distro ...
I want to think that they probably belong to a university, maybe European, and come back in September, after the holidays.
They contributed a lot to keep slack updated.

What is Qubic?
Buzhou

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:38:12 PM

Finally I started to buy my first XEL! Long remained above 1900 sat! Grin
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:26:36 AM

thanks for your help.

No problem.

Current exchanges are Bittrex and its Korean partner of Upbit, aside from a slight trace on the Stellar decentralized exchange. No others, AFAIK.

So XEL has an exchange with a picture-based ID verification process first and also a decentralized exchange. But XEL doesn't presently have a classic style simple exchange for casual trades, a role which digitalprice.io will hopefully serve.

Try Stellar and you'll see it's impossible to deposit XEL there - see here https://naobtc.com/xel/#5
Don't know what are the XELs that are offered for sell on Stellar
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:29:43 PM

thanks for your help.

No problem.

so do you think that bittrex is not the best exchange for a coin like xel? mmm, i don't know, bittrex is super used..
stokholminfinity

Activity: 352
Merit: 104

SquidCoin.cash

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:56:37 PM

Can I make a small suggestion. If there is a partially working XEL platform, developers can demonstrate its capabilities on some new example to show the capabilities of the computing system and the prospects for its development. This could interest people who come to business from a practical point of use.

vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:02:06 PM

thanks for your help.

No problem.

so do you think that bittrex is not the best exchange for a coin like xel? mmm, i don't know, bittrex is super used..

Bittrex already had its best days. It became the rockstar exchange out of a sudden like 3 years ago or so, but now as you can see it lost its leading position.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:40:51 PM

thanks for your help.

No problem.

Bittrex already had its best days. It became the rockstar exchange out of a sudden like 3 years ago or so, but now as you can see it lost its leading position.

well nearly every exchange was literally destroyed by binance in terms of altcoins. Different thing with bitcoin trades. But still Bittrex is doing their thing and might still rise to new heights some time again. I loved bittrex and I trust them, which is something you can't do with every exchange
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 11:01:47 PM

what are various ways to earn XEL rather than buying from the exchange.

Is it minable, or staking possible?

If one can earn XEL, is there any calculator to estimate earnings?

selling sushistake.com, send offers
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: