Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:39:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: XEL - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 252984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:35:48 AM

This week, I have dedicated entirely to find out a way (and make a concept) to integrate the Elastic computation logic in a way, that would not require to hard fork. This would have several advantages ... old light wallets would then be able to still process all transactions (yet classify them wrongly as messages) while the new wallets can use the full potential.

That would be my dream  Smiley For this week at least.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
by rallier
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1334

just in case

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 05:42:03 AM

This week, I have dedicated entirely to find out a way (and make a concept) to integrate the Elastic computation logic in a way, that would not require to hard fork. This would have several advantages ... old light wallets would then be able to still process all transactions (yet classify them wrongly as messages) while the new wallets can use the full potential.

I was thinking about that for whats our next milestone Smiley
Thank you for explain

signature not found.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:44:34 AM

Well, that would be huge. But a hardfork at this early stage of elastic wouldn't be so bad either.
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:12:02 AM

i am also waiting for a Windows client or Mac client.. Grin

Both are already there, I am using the Mac version already. Just install Oracle JDK 8 (no openjdk) and use ./compile.sh as well as ./run-desktop.sh scripts ;-)

Alternatively, ./run.sh and a browser pointing to http://localhost:17876.

Here is the dumbed-down lame version:

download and install java: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
launch the terminal
go to the xel light wallet folder
type bash compile.sh
type bash run.sh
open ur browser and go to http://localhost:17876

bitcoinpaul

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:56:08 AM

XEL would be in full

Thank you for explain

At this rate, XEL will be fully functional before Golemn release its prototype. First movers advantage is huge in crypto.

Exciting times ahead!
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:30:56 AM

XEL would be in full

That would be my dream  Smiley For this week at least.

Thank you for explain

At this rate, XEL will be fully functional before Golemn release its prototype. First movers advantage is huge in crypto.

Well, if (I say if, at the moment it is just an idea which was not yet checked for plausibility) we can do the entire computation logic in a manner, that it is not consensus critical (and therefore does not require any hard fork) I would want to be provocative and say that we should be able to see the first experimental computations on the livenet within 1 month from the point where we have a concept for this Wink

No guarantee, just a hunch!
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:38:39 AM

XEL would be in full

Thank you for explain

Well, if (I say if, at the moment it is just an idea which was not yet checked for plausibility) we can do the entire computation logic in a manner, that it is not consensus critical (and therefore does not require any hard fork) I would want to be provocative and say that we should be able to see the first experimental computations on the livenet within 1 month from the point where we have a concept for this Wink

EK, you are extraordinary! amazing times are upon us and it is thanks to you and the other talented devs.
Although it would be really really great to have the functional client out as soon as possible, please take the time you need to do it up to your standards (always the best!).
Also would be very good for the project if the coin was added to at least some exchanges prior to the mentioned big release. I hope this will happen soon.
dumple

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:40:23 AM

XEL would be in full

Thank you for explain

You and reefer remaining detached from all but coding is keeping this project agile. So refreshing. Seems like all other modern crypto projects are modeling themselves after corporate whores. It's the antithesis of the spirit that gave birth to the original cryptocurrency.

Thanks as always. Exciting to see what gets built!

hagie

Activity: 792
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:45:45 AM

Hi,

@EK: Please do not send any XEL to my account XEL-6W9S-LUCN-B5QX-E459J, because if you do they will be spent on something absolutely stupid and you get nothing in return.

Hopefully you get much donations and buy whatever senseless thing / gadgte / gizmo you like .. enjoy it !

@All

How can I limit my node to only fore for a single account ? Or is it enough to have the account flagged as forging on the blockchain ?

Regards

Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:04:55 AM

XEL would be in full

Thank you for explain

Satoshi EK does it again. i can't wait to tweet this when you give me the green light . Smiley

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
meyer

Activity: 523
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:01:23 AM

is there any risk if I redeem my XEL with some BTC left at this BTC adress? Theese BTC are safe?

THX

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
EUROPECOIN ERC  BITTREX  BLEUTRADE  EUROPECOIN WEB  TWITTER  QUICKFACTS  CLOUDSTAKING  NSA
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ImI (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:06:12 AM

is there any risk if I redeem my XEL with some BTC left at this BTC adress? Theese BTC are safe?

THX

yes, are safe.
tomkat

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:29:58 AM

What is this account XEL-U2SJ-8EYV-8JZH-2VH2F?
It actively forges and has 4 genesis redeems - is it possible at all to redeem more than once?
clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:34:53 AM

download and install java: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
launch the terminal
type bash compile.sh
type bash run.sh

Clearly this isn't dumbed-down or lame enough for me, lol.

I'm trying to install a light wallet on a Mac and step 3 has got me flummoxed.  

"go to the xel light wallet folder"

Was there a step that I should have downloaded the light wallet?  How do I do that?  How do I get to the mystical light wallet folder?

If someone can take me down to the next level of dumbness, I'd really appreciate it. :-)
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:43:28 AM

If you have git installed, you can pull the "xel light wallet folder" from unvoid's repository:

https://github.com/unvo1d/Elastic-XEL-Litewallet.git

;-)

tomkat

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:45:18 AM

launch the terminal
type bash compile.sh
type bash run.sh

Was there a step that I should have downloaded the light wallet?  How do I do that?  How do I get to the mystical light wallet folder?

If someone can take me down to the next level of dumbness, I'd really appreciate it. :-)

The source code is here
Code:
git clone https://github.com/unvo1d/Elastic-XEL-Litewallet.git

Then you go to the folder to which it was downloaded - that will be the "mystical" go-to-the-xel-light-wallet folder  Smiley
clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:56:13 AM

Thanks EK / tomkat.

Now I just need to work out how to install git, lol.
jelurida

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:57:08 AM

Dear Elastic team, we would like to bring to your attention that you recently made a change to your source code and license agreement which violates the GPLv2 license under which the NXT code has been released.
The problematic commit is SHA 74138264 by myalcin81, 04/09/2017 01:15 AM "missing NXT strings converted to XEL strings on relevated Web API." which replaced all copyright messages from Nxt to XEL.
We kindly ask you to revert this change as soon as possible.

You are of course free to add a separate copyright notice for your work.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:58:12 AM

Thanks EK / tomkat.

Now I just need to work out how to install git, lol.

Unvoid said that the process will become a lot easier in the future, when the installer is finished.
For now, if you are on the mac, I could swear that git is already installed.
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:28:51 PM

launch the terminal
type bash compile.sh
type bash run.sh

first and foremost step: download elastic wallet by clicking on the green button on the right here https://github.com/unvo1d/Elastic-XEL-Litewallet

Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: