Bitcoin Forum
April 10, 2024, 08:53:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: XEL - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 252968 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 01:44:36 PM

There's no need to get frustrated. I understand that the devs who are only interested in the tech cannot help but find these things irritating, but you can't change how people think and behave.

What you can do is anticipate it, and really what is happening should not be a surprise at all to anyone around in crypto for a while.

Once you realise that, you can do a few simple things to improve the situation. Like for example have a FAQ with all those questions such as

ICO vs Donation
Lannister and funds
Elastic vs other projects
+ whatever new comes up

Put it on the OP, also on the website and whenever someone asks, just give them the link without extra discussion. I think unvoid has something along those lines.
How can we maximize the chance that a new visitor will see it immediately? Right now I don't think I could find it unless I knew it exists and tried to look for it.

The least helpful thing is to get emotional and take it personally and some of the questions really are not that insensible.
Long time supporters are fed up because they have been discussed over and over but it's rather unfair to lash out on people who just don't know and just visited for the first time.
It's almost impossible for a newcomer to find anything in this chaotic thread

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 01:54:12 PM

There's no need to get frustrated. I understand that the devs who are only interested in the tech cannot help but find these things irritating, but you can't change how people think and behave.

What you can do is anticipate it, and really what is happening should not be a surprise at all to anyone around in crypto for a while.

Once you realise that, you can do a few simple things to improve the situation. Like for example have a FAQ with all those questions such as

ICO vs Donation
Lannister and funds
Elastic vs other projects
+ whatever new comes up

Put it on the OP, also on the website and whenever someone asks, just give them the link without extra discussion. I think unvoid has something along those lines.
How can we maximize the chance that a new visitor will see it immediately? Right now I don't think I could find it unless I knew it exists and tried to look for it.

The least helpful thing is to get emotional and take it personally and some of the questions really are not that insensible.
Long time supporters are fed up because they have been discussed over and over but it's rather unfair to lash out on people who just don't know and just visited for the first time.
It's almost impossible for a newcomer to find anything in this chaotic thread

I agree that info should be accessible for people to find easily, and that generally answers of interested parties are welcome.
BUT, we should distinguish between cases of people who genuinely want to take interest in the project and ask questions accordingly, and cases in which the person is clearly here to troll and spread FUD just to stir up and shake the devs and the community at large.
I (and many others here) have 0% tolerance for trolls and trollish behavior. People who come here to make negative noise and spread accusations and allegations should be taken out of this thread for the nuisance they are without the need for any apologetic discourse.
amy1284455127

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 02:17:51 PM

I think we should return to the value created by xel, please dont argue about those boring questions, I want to see the valuable discussion! The community allows questioning, but should raise valuable questions! At the same time we should also respect the contribution of EK! Grin Grin

Tera's real blockchain is simple and easy to use!
terafoundation.org
cryptodv

Activity: 1092

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 02:28:57 PM

We have to move on already and let the devs finish this project. This FUD is killing everyone's mood already. We were all a happy bunch a couple of weeks ago before all these chatter bitches started chiming in. I find the devs, especially EK very trustworthy. Not once did I think this project was a scam. These devs have put in many, many hours of their personal time to give this community an unprecedented product in crypto that will actually do GOOD for the crypto community. They themselves were against the early wallet, but we voted as a community and hence we have to deal with all the fudders without a fully finished product. Honestly, I feel that a lot of the fudders are SONM & GOLEM supporters trying to steal our thunder, but who cares. When this product is finally presentable, Elastic will have the last laugh.  Cheesy

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
bitekoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 02:36:43 PM

We have to move on already and let the devs finish this project. This FUD is killing everyone's mood already. We were all a happy bunch a couple of weeks ago before all these chatter bitches started chiming in. I find the devs, especially EK very trustworthy. Not once did I think this project was a scam. These devs have put in many, many hours of their personal time to give this community an unprecedented product in crypto that will actually do GOOD for the crypto community. They themselves were against the early wallet, but we voted as a community and hence we have to deal with all the fudders without a fully finished product. Honestly, I feel that a lot of the fudders are SONM & GOLEM supporters trying to steal our thunder, but who cares. When this product is finally presentable, Elastic will have the last laugh.  Cheesy

well said.. only time will tell
tomkat

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 03:35:03 PM

Guys, please don't quote LamboMoonYacht anymore.
Just please ignore him.
realm

Activity: 351

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 03:36:46 PM

1. Welcome to crypto. The land that anything can happen. It's no news.
2. I am heavily invested in a coin with anon devs listed in bittrex
3. How many GNT do you hold? At this point it's obvious why you're here.
clivemy

Activity: 190

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:49:31 PM

Don't attack the tech behind Elastic, since you're not clever enough to do that (although that's what you ultimately fear).  Attack the people behind it, because cheap and nasty is what trolls do.  How low can you go.

Having said that, it's obvious that Elastic is having an impact, since we now have two dedicated fear-filled trolls, lol.

Time to hit the 'Ignore' button.
agent725

Activity: 306

currently working on the Internet of Coins

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 06:53:28 PM

Hi all. Wondering if XEL already supports deterministic transactions. More specifically: is there already a JS library for this?

If so, I'd be interested to implement a XEL module for the Internet of Coins platform.

Let me know, or send a PM. Cheers all!  Smiley

Edit: looks like it is based on NXT codebase in part. Handy, I'll dig into that first then. (Any help still appreciated of course.)

▄██▄               
                        ▐████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████
             ▄▄          ▀██▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▌
           ▄████▌       ▐█                ███▀
          ▄██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▌       ▄██▄       ██
  ▄▄▄  ▄██▀ ▀██▀       ██▀▀▀▀██▌█████▌      ▐██
 ██████▀▀             ▐▀      ▄▄██████       ██
▐██████           ▄█████▄▄▄███▀ ▀███▀        ▐██
 █████▀           ███████▐█▀                ██████
   ▀▀▄█▄          ███████                  ▐███████
      ██▀▄███▄     ▀███▀██▄      ▄▄▄▄      ▐██████▌
       ▀███████          ████▄ ▄██████▄ ▄███▀████▀
        ███████▌███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▐███████████▀
        ███████ ███████████████████████▌▀
         ▀███▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀███▐████████
                                ▀████▀

clivemy

Activity: 190

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:25:30 PM

Hi all. Wondering if XEL already supports deterministic transactions. More specifically: is there already a JS library for this?

If so, I'd be interested to implement a XEL module for the Internet of Coins platform.

Let me know, or send a PM. Cheers all!  Smiley

Edit: looks like it is based on NXT codebase in part. Handy, I'll dig into that first then. (Any help still appreciated of course.)

@Evil-Knievel @Coralreefer - Guys, this might be a way to get XEL and Elastic some good attention.  The Internet of Coins (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1760129.0 ) is a very interesting project.

@agent725 - you're right, Elastic is built on a core of NXT and You're probably best creating a new topic on our forum - https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/ , since all our devs check that out and they'd be very happy to answer your questions.
bkeenan

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:15:48 PM

A total of 197 accounts on the HEAT decentralized Asset Exchange are now holding XEL, see the Rich List here: https://heatnodes.org/?page_id=641

A few accounts have experienced some delays with BTC withdrawals, but overall the launch of the BTC/XEL pair on the HEAT AE has been a success so far.

Ive been waiting 3+ days for a btc w/d 🙄
devking

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:46:04 PM

I think these trolls with newbie accounts either from a competitive project or losers. They want cheap coins. Ignore them.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:42:49 AM

I think these trolls with newbie accounts either from a competitive project or losers. They want cheap coins. Ignore them.

when you see many trolls on the thread thats mean the project is really good and worth invest, i see it many time with dash and monero community, it is now worth something

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
rohitgarnaik

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:38:53 AM

when will more exchanges will list elastic

kurumi

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:45:42 AM

when you see many trolls on the thread thats mean the project is really good and worth invest, i see it many time with dash and monero community, it is now worth something

Yep! You are attentive, good at observation.
alope

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:58:39 AM

Yep! You are attentive, good at observation.

Trolls makes more people fount XEL. We shall thank you. Roll Eyes Smiley
techwriterjoe

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:31:59 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 03:45:33 AM by techwriterjoe

This project is a decentralized super computer. It disrupts the current, hot field of Data Science. You know, where people with a 6-week boot camp under their belts are getting paid 6 figures.

Previously, scientists, engineers, and researchers would have to tie together Linux VPS instances and then run hadoop over their closed network. This project completely disrupts the expensive web services industry. Looking at you Amazon, Digital Ocean, Google Cloud, etc.

What's great is, unlike say data storage, our field is full of users who are already technically inclined. So, getting acclimated to Elastic will be easier than even AWS.

This project is going to crush it.

I have said all year. I think the Wallet was the right move and obviously we are getting attention. The good will out weight the bad in this area.

I also think timelines and any sort of demands onto open-source devs is wildly stupid. Completely illogical.

I thank you guys so much for keeping this project alive. We're there. The trolls aren't going to stop. Tune them out. I can totally get why you are anon now. So many haters. It was a smart move.

Pop some champagne. Take a vaca. Congrats. This project hasn't even begun to get exciting. In two years, it will be amazing. Big companies will adopt us. Marketing data is bigger every day. We will be powering the AI and Neural networks that run recommendation systems. That's where the big players are, guys. Fucking awesome.
techwriterjoe

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:38:41 AM

This project is a decentralized super computer. It disrupts the current, hot field of Data Science. You know, where people with a 6-week boot camp under their belts are getting paid 6 figures.

Previously, scientists, engineers, and researchers would have to tie together Linux VPS instances and then run hadoop over their closed network. This project completely disrupts the expensive web services industry. Looking at you Amazon, Digital Ocean, Google Cloud, etc.

What's great is, unlike say data storage, our field is full of users who are already technically inclined. So, getting acclimated to Elastic will be a easier than even AWS.

I have said all year. I think the Wallet was the right move and obviously we are getting attention. The good will out weight the bad in this area.

I also think timelines and any sort of demands onto open-source devs is wildly stupid. Completely illogical.

I thank you guys so much for keeping this project alive. We're there. The trolls aren't going to stop. Tune them out. I can totally get why you are anon now. So many haters. It was a smart move.

Pop some champagne. Take a vaca. Congrats. This project hasn't even begun to get exciting. In two years, it will be amazing. Big companies will adopt us. Market data is bigger every day. We will be powering the AI and Neural networks that run recommendation systems. That's where the market is guys. Fucking awesome.

Those are just some of my thoughts on where this tech will land. But it really is limitless.

I have already worked at Global Fortune 100 companies, whose work stations are merely monitors that plug into a central server. There is not an actual desktop.

That central server could very well be the Elastic.

There are any number of awesome win scenarios. We own decentralized computing. That is outrageous.
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:18:23 AM

What's great is, unlike say data storage, our field is full of users who are already technically inclined. So, getting acclimated to Elastic will be a easier than even AWS.

Pop some champagne. Take a vaca. Congrats. This project hasn't even begun to get exciting. In two years, it will be amazing. Big companies will adopt us. Market data is bigger every day. We will be powering the AI and Neural networks that run recommendation systems. That's where the market is guys. Fucking awesome.

Those are just some of my thoughts on where this tech will land. But it really is limitless.

I have already worked at Global Fortune 100 companies, whose work stations are merely monitors that plug into a central server. There is not an actual desktop.

There are any number of awesome win scenarios. We own decentralized computing. That is outrageous.
Thank you for your informative posts. I used some for the Twitter.

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
techwriterjoe

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:24:56 AM

Thank you for your informative posts. I used some for the Twitter.

More to come. If you want to throw the ball around on twitter: @techwriterjoe

The reason why we found such dedicated, open-source engineers is because anybody who knows the big picture can see that this project is amazing. Home run. It just so happens we got devs that are so wildly talented they are actually pulling this off. They had the grit to hang in for a year and a half.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: