Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:57:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: XEL - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 252985 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ImI (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:04:52 PM

How come transaction fees are so high?

0.1XEL equals 0.03$ these days. How is that "high"?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ImI (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:11:46 PM

Still 30 times above ICO price (200 times or so relative to USD), considering the massive bagholders dumping is to be expected, most of the supply is in the hands of a few

What was ICO price for 1 XEL?
700 sats. Around 700 btc raised during ICO spread among the total supply of 100,000,000 XEL. So more like 20 times above ICO price now (140 times above in USD since btc was 7 times less back then)
didn't know it till today. Where can i find info about how many xel holders?
http://elasticexplorer.org/ at the bottom of the page

Top 10 balances hold 50% of the circulating supply.

LOL, how about you doing the most basic research before you start spreading crap?

If you want to see the XEL-distribution after the ICO go and have a look at the genesis entry record. Since the network runs since a few weeks now lots of XEL have changed hands and the accounts you are naming "whales" here are nothing else then the XEL-accounts of the exchanges. Namely Bittrex on top with its 15Mio XEL wallet.

Try harder next time.  Grin

mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:36:00 PM

Still 30 times above ICO price (200 times or so relative to USD), considering the massive bagholders dumping is to be expected, most of the supply is in the hands of a few

700 sats. Around 700 btc raised during ICO spread among the total supply of 100,000,000 XEL. So more like 20 times above ICO price now (140 times above in USD since btc was 7 times less back then)

LOL, how about you doing the most basic research before you start spreading crap?

If you want to see the XEL-distribution after the ICO go and have a look at the genesis entry record. Since the network runs since a few weeks now lots of XEL have changed hands and the accounts you are naming "whales" here are nothing else then the XEL-accounts of the exchanges. Namely Bittrex on top with its 15Mio XEL wallet.

They don't make the trolls today like they used to... today trolls want instant FUD results with minimal effort, it's just sad to see.
pumpmydump

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:57:34 PM

Oh yea the XEL accounts of the exchanges, sitting at a whopping number of two!

Besides Bittrex there is Heat (XEL-WESJ-3UCL-7UTC-894KZ) with 275,000 XEL and ... that's it

I didn't take Bittrex into account my bad, that still doesn't look good

Conservatively that makes 35-40% of the supply for the top 10 balances and 85-90% for the top 100 balances
ImI (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:07:41 PM

Try harder next time.  Grin

Besides Bittrex there is Heat (XEL-WESJ-3UCL-7UTC-894KZ) with 275,000 XEL and ... that's it

Conservatively that makes 35-40% of the supply for the top 10 balances and 85-90% for the top 100 balances

First, yes those 15m XEL of Bittrex MAKE a difference.

Second, if you want to examine the Donation/ICO-Distribution go ahead and have a look at the Donation/ICO-Distribution. But don't come after weeks of trading and whine about you not liking seeing some bigger accounts.

Third, if investing in Cryptocurrencies THE LAST THING i was worried about is if there are folks with more dough than me. It's all about development and passion for the project. Simple as that when it comes to (successful) investing.

mr.coinzy

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:09:31 PM

In regard to the first bigger accounts, if you deduct the first bittrex address it accounts for ~25%, and due to the amount of XEL that has been traded since launch it is natural that some people with deeper pockets will buy more ("whales"/larger holders exist in most traded coins/projects). It is the case in any project.
Over time the distribution will be greater among a larger amount of people.
Your attempt to prove your point is pretty weak at best.
pumpmydump

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:28:49 PM

Second if you want to examine the Donation/ICO-Distribution go ahead and have a look at the Donation/ICO-Distribution. But don't come after weeks of trading and whine about you not liking seeing some big accounts.

It was pretty much the same shit back then :

https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/t/important-check-the-genesis-block-carefully/105/24

Top 10 balances had 30% of the supply, top 100 balances 80%, now it's worse (35-40% for top 10 balances, 85-90% for top 100 balances, accounting for the Bittrex wallet with conservative estimates on the distribution within the wallet, do the maths)

I don't whine, I state facts. I know you guys love to attack anyone saying anything negative related to this project, the facts remain, don't lure newbies into investing in XEL right now when top 100 balances hold nearly 90% of the supply.

Yea long term maybe it will go high, short and medium term it has a lot of room to go down

ImI (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:42:59 PM

Try harder next time.  Grin

Second if you want to examine the Donation/ICO-Distribution go ahead and have a look at the Donation/ICO-Distribution. But don't come after weeks of trading and whine about you not liking seeing some big accounts.

https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/t/important-check-the-genesis-block-carefully/105/24

Top 10 balances had 30% of the supply, top 100 balances 80%, now it's worse (35-40% for top 10 balances, 85-90% for top 100 balances, accounting for the Bittrex wallet with conservative estimates on the distribution within the wallet, do the maths)

I don't whine, I state facts. I know you guys love to attack anyone saying anything negative related to this project, the facts remain, don't lure newbies into investing in XEL right now when top 100 balances hold nearly 90% of the supply.

Yea long term maybe it will go high, short and medium term it has a lot of room to go down

Again, if investing in Cryptocurrencies THE LAST THING i was worried about is if there are folks with more dough than me. It's all about development and passion for the project. Simple as that when it comes to (successful) investing.

I remember investing in Dash aka Darkcoin when it was a measly 0.00005 and folks like you where all over the place. "Don't invest! Devs holds all of the coins!" And in that case it was even a much different situation as Darkcoin had no such clean and months long way of distribution as Elastic. It was basically an instamine. And yet, Dash went berserk right after i bought my first stake in it.

The only thing misleading here is to lure noobs into thinking they should look at the distribution of an asset when there are things to consider much more important than that. Think about marketcap in comparison to the competition, rate of inflation or the classical risk vs reward approach. All of that in combination with passionate developers and a clear goal and vision truly matters. While your advice is basically crap when it come to successful investing. Go ahead and checkout the starting distribution of lot and lots of projects and you will find no correlation between the two parameters, be it negative or positive. It will just distract you from the parameters that really matter.

mr.coinzy

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:45:37 PM

Facts??? maybe you should actually make the calculation you claim you did before you discuss facts (yes, summing up is pretty easy). The numbers you gave are made up, not facts.
pumpmydump

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 04:59:05 PM

I remember investing in Dash aka Darkcoin when it was a measly 0.00005 and folks like you where all over the place. "Don't invest! Devs holds all of the coins!" And in that case it was even a much different situation as Darkcoin had no such clean and months long way of distribution as Elastic. It was basically an instamine. And yet, Dash went berserk right after i bought my first stake in it.

The only thing misleading here is to lure noobs into thinking they should look at the distribution of an asset when there are things to consider much more important than that. Think about marketcap in comparison to the competition, rate of inflation or the classical risk vs reward approach. All of that in combination with passionate developers and a clear goal and vision truly matters. While your advice is basically crap when it come to successful investing. Go ahead and checkout the starting distribution of lot and lots of projects and you will find no correlation between the two parameters, be it negative or positive. It will just distract you from the parameters that really matter.

Sure when the devs hold all the coins the thing can still explode, often because those devs are the ones artificially inflating the price.

The parameters that matter depend on the scale you're looking at. Long term of course those you mentioned matter the most. Short/medium term not so much. I see this thread as an echo chamber with every page filled with "to the moon" and "best investment ever" and "stupid dumpers" and so on, but truth is newbies putting money into it right now will get burnt, because most of them won't hold long term. It's the arrogance of your community that makes me react more than anything else.

You have no marketing, the devs are anonymous, top 100 balances hold nearly 90% of coins, most of them have made a 150x return on investment at current market price so tend to cash out a part of their stash, no surprise it's going down and likely will keep going down for a while. Yea what you mentioned will matter long term, right now it doesn't.

tomkat

Activity: 1022

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:15:50 PM

Sure when the devs hold all the coins the thing can still explode, often because those devs are the ones artificially inflating the price.

The parameters that matter depend on the scale you're looking at. Long term of course those you mentioned matter the most. Short/medium term not so much. I see this thread as an echo chamber with every page filled with "to the moon" and "best investment ever" and "stupid dumpers" and so on, but truth is newbies putting money into it right now will get burnt, because most of them won't hold long term. It's the arrogance of your community that makes me react more than anything else.

You have no marketing, the devs are anonymous, top 100 balances hold nearly 90% of coins, most of them have made a 150x return on investment at current market price so tend to cash out a part of their stash, no surprise it's going down and likely will keep going down for a while. Yea what you mentioned will matter long term, right now it doesn't.

Just please tell us your true motives, is it because you eventually bought those 5k XEL @22k sat, and now lamenting while it's getting lower, OR still waiting for more dumps to buy cheap?
What's your point? Are you trying to save the world from XEL?
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:22:56 PM

ha easy just scoop up more now  Cool

easy hold this one for when mewn come.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
jupiter00000

Activity: 111

http://jupitertheproducer.bandcamp.com

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 05:30:11 PM

How come transaction fees are so high?

0.1XEL equals 0.03$ these days. How is that "high"?

I don't know about you but I look forward to a future where that $0.03 is more like $30 but apparently I don't know anything

You don't think that paying 5% transaction fees for sending 2 XEL is high? We can agree to disagree.

Twitter: @Jupiter00000
TheDR

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:37:50 PM

Again, if investing in Cryptocurrencies THE LAST THING i was worried about is if there are folks with more dough than me. It's all about development and passion for the project. Simple as that when it comes to (successful) investing.

Lol there are really infinite variables to this. (I believe that literally). I am very happy to be a whale here
techwriterjoe

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:41:55 PM

Bittrex advertising BTC address: 1P4uqK7PCCsM3nNr3oRzaa8EMooBnhLVa2

Remember that we need 3 BTC. Don't transfer any BTC after 3 BTC limit is reached. If you want to check if we already have 3 BTC here you have link to explorer: https://blockchain.info/pl/address/1P4uqK7PCCsM3nNr3oRzaa8EMooBnhLVa2

What does it mean to be "spotlighted" by Bittrex? Do we get some article written highlighting the technical components and product that XEL provides? Or is it just like a more defined position on the website? My apologies, I have little experience using Bittrex.

Logo just shows up on "the spotlight" space on the site, sometimes. Pointless

It does drive the price up. It will get us back up the front page of Bittrex. Is there BTC or XEL donation address for this? I think it's time anybody else?

techwriterjoe

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:44:30 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 10:36:06 PM by mprep

Remember that we need 3 BTC. Don't transfer any BTC after 3 BTC limit is reached. If you want to check if we already have 3 BTC here you have link to explorer: https://blockchain.info/pl/address/1P4uqK7PCCsM3nNr3oRzaa8EMooBnhLVa2

What does it mean to be "spotlighted" by Bittrex? Do we get some article written highlighting the technical components and product that XEL provides? Or is it just like a more defined position on the website? My apologies, I have little experience using Bittrex.

It does drive the price up. It will get us back up the front page of Bittrex. Is there BTC or XEL donation address for this? I think it's time anybody else?

VIA unvoid on our main forum:

VIA unvoid on our main forum:

We only have .21 bitcoin so far, so please donate, thank you.
Strebba90

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:01:58 PM

click start forging at top of web wallet page

i don't have this button, where is it? so, i try to run a node.

Am I spamming? Report me!
HmmMAA

Activity: 1111
Merit: 584

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:02:47 PM

Are you the guy who said that XEL will never make it to exchanges because it has anonymous devs or it was another troll ?

"It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong." Thomas Sowell
techwriterjoe

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:13:00 PM

Are you the guy who said that XEL will never make it to exchanges because it has anonymous devs or it was another troll ?

They both said it. Trolls for sure.

The currency is distributed exactly like it should be/would be considering we have only been on 2 exchanges. Yes, the original 100 or so investors still own a lion's share, hell, all of the redemptions aren't even out yet. We can only sell the stuff so fast, and that's if the holders want to sell. It's no mystery that they would want to hold onto a coin that already has a working prototype.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:26:08 PM

They both said it. Trolls for sure.

I am pretty sure it's the same guy who claimed, that the redeeming mechanism will not work at all!
* rolling on the floor laughing *

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: