Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:38:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: XEL - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 252972 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:37:38 PM

Just to give a small update on what we are currently working on:

Preface:

The current approach has totally disconnected the verification of work from the remaining verification routines (which are required to verify the consensus critical PoS operations). The reason for this approach were on the one hand some concerns, that people were feeling unsafe to execute "untrusted" code. On the other hand, the verification on each node would limit the amount of time a work-task may run: imagine, that a pretty complex job is on the network which takes around 5 minutes to execute. If miners work 5 minutes on it, everything is just fine. But if every node needs 5 minutes to verify the solution, it wouldn't take long until the entire network stalls.

So the solution was to use "super nodes" which do this complex verification stuff. Super nodes were meant to be super-efficient very fast computers capable of doing many many verification if a very short time. However, and you all are right, this means centralization and "blind trust". But in fact, a decentralized system is what we want.

Codebase:

Supernodes were working fine (see PoC from a few months ago) and they were using the native xel_miner application (written in C) to do the verification. Xel_miner was not only encapsulating the entire mining logic but also provided an API for super nodes, which could enqueue the transactions seen on the XEL network and semlessly receive the verification result for further processing.

Goal:

We worked out a different (asymetric) verification method. This clearly limits the use cases to some extent but on the other hand it vastly increases the integrity of the entire blockchain.

The asymetric verification will allow us to code arbitrarily complex ElasticPL programs (they may run for hours) and define separate, much less complex verification functions (which finish in a blick of an eye). Verifcation routines must be coded very carefully (to avoid unwanted "trapdoor" solutions which do not reflect what we actually want) but there will be a developers guide sooner or later.

Now, this scheme allows us to move the verification back into the java code base and again perform the verification on all nodes. (All is not strictly correct, as you will learn in the next point). This way, we drop any super nodes and guard nodes, and avoid any kind of centralization at all.

Work should not be consensus critical:

In an early version of Elastic (way before the super node proof-of-concept) work transactions were regular transactions and were consensus critical. Probably everyone of those who followed the progress remember the chain forks due to some unforseeable error (differencies in floating point operations on different platforms could lead to a hard fork ... yes).

We do not want this, so we:
1. Do not model the work communication as actual transactions but as binary messages transmitted over the Elastic messaging system.
2. Only do work processing when a "work=true" flag is set in the config. If you do not want to participate in any working activity, you can leave this feature off and you will not participate in any verification whatsoever (good for those who do not trust any code). But if you decide to turn it on later on, you can just catch up by synching all new "unparsed" messages of this kind. This is possible, because the "sort-of parallel chain encoded in those binary messages" and the actual blockchain do not need to be in sync at any point. Well, let's not become too technical here!

The cool thing is: If something goes wrong with one work package, other work packages and, even more important, the entire blockchain remains unaffected by it. How the work-payments will be modelled in this "unconventional approach" will be revealed at a later point in time :wink:

Now comes the actual task:

And now comes the task, which causes so much work at the moment and which eats up every free second that we have: We have to port the C ElasticPL to JAVA ElasticPL - in a way, that both work in the same way, in all cases on all platforms.

I am half way through (all of it was done in the last week alone - it's been "burnout-ish"):

github.com20

OrdinaryDude/ElasticPLJava

Contribute to ElasticPLJava development by creating an account on GitHub.
What is there is the Tokenizing (splitting up code into tokens) and the construction of the Abstract Syntax Tree.
This was pretty hard - and this basically defines the entire ElasticPL language. What is still missing is the interpreter, and this is what I will be doing next.

If someone wants to play around, just open the project linked above in IntelliJ Idea and launch it. You will not see much, but those of you, who really want to dig into it, will quickly find out how to verify that the AST tree is actually built correctly. Also: feel free to report any bugs or any inconsistencies between the C and the Java version.

Disclosure: I currently do hold XEL coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
badinvesterguy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:49:11 PM

another one that wants out early ?
crazyheinz

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:49:23 PM

anyone has an idea how much you can make forging for example 1000 xel?

mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:28:38 PM

Just to give a small update on what we are currently working on:

Preface:

The current approach has totally disconnected the verification of work from the remaining verification routines (which are required to verify the consensus critical PoS operations). The reason for this approach were on the one hand some concerns, that people were feeling unsafe to execute "untrusted" code. On the other hand, the verification on each node would limit the amount of time a work-task may run: imagine, that a pretty complex job is on the network which takes around 5 minutes to execute. If miners work 5 minutes on it, everything is just fine. But if every node needs 5 minutes to verify the solution, it wouldn't take long until the entire network stalls.

So the solution was to use "super nodes" which do this complex verification stuff. Super nodes were meant to be super-efficient very fast computers capable of doing many many verification if a very short time. However, and you all are right, this means centralization and "blind trust". But in fact, a decentralized system is what we want.

Codebase:

Supernodes were working fine (see PoC from a few months ago) and they were using the native xel_miner application (written in C) to do the verification. Xel_miner was not only encapsulating the entire mining logic but also provided an API for super nodes, which could enqueue the transactions seen on the XEL network and semlessly receive the verification result for further processing.

Goal:

We worked out a different (asymetric) verification method. This clearly limits the use cases to some extent but on the other hand it vastly increases the integrity of the entire blockchain.

The asymetric verification will allow us to code arbitrarily complex ElasticPL programs (they may run for hours) and define separate, much less complex verification functions (which finish in a blick of an eye). Verifcation routines must be coded very carefully (to avoid unwanted "trapdoor" solutions which do not reflect what we actually want) but there will be a developers guide sooner or later.

Now, this scheme allows us to move the verification back into the java code base and again perform the verification on all nodes. (All is not strictly correct, as you will learn in the next point). This way, we drop any super nodes and guard nodes, and avoid any kind of centralization at all.

Work should not be consensus critical:

In an early version of Elastic (way before the super node proof-of-concept) work transactions were regular transactions and were consensus critical. Probably everyone of those who followed the progress remember the chain forks due to some unforseeable error (differencies in floating point operations on different platforms could lead to a hard fork ... yes).

We do not want this, so we:
1. Do not model the work communication as actual transactions but as binary messages transmitted over the Elastic messaging system.
2. Only do work processing when a "work=true" flag is set in the config. If you do not want to participate in any working activity, you can leave this feature off and you will not participate in any verification whatsoever (good for those who do not trust any code). But if you decide to turn it on later on, you can just catch up by synching all new "unparsed" messages of this kind. This is possible, because the "sort-of parallel chain encoded in those binary messages" and the actual blockchain do not need to be in sync at any point. Well, let's not become too technical here!

The cool thing is: If something goes wrong with one work package, other work packages and, even more important, the entire blockchain remains unaffected by it. How the work-payments will be modelled in this "unconventional approach" will be revealed at a later point in time :wink:

Now comes the actual task:

And now comes the task, which causes so much work at the moment and which eats up every free second that we have: We have to port the C ElasticPL to JAVA ElasticPL - in a way, that both work in the same way, in all cases on all platforms.

I am half way through (all of it was done in the last week alone - it's been "burnout-ish"):

github.com20

OrdinaryDude/ElasticPLJava

Contribute to ElasticPLJava development by creating an account on GitHub.
What is there is the Tokenizing (splitting up code into tokens) and the construction of the Abstract Syntax Tree.
This was pretty hard - and this basically defines the entire ElasticPL language. What is still missing is the interpreter, and this is what I will be doing next.

If someone wants to play around, just open the project linked above in IntelliJ Idea and launch it. You will not see much, but those of you, who really want to dig into it, will quickly find out how to verify that the AST tree is actually built correctly. Also: feel free to report any bugs or any inconsistencies between the C and the Java version.

Disclosure: I currently do hold XEL coins.

When you Quote someone or post something that has been posted by someone else before, please make sure you give the credit due to the original person who actually made the post. This was EK's update and should be referred to as such. Thanks.
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:11:37 PM

looking promising (devs working hard)
price is still very low imo
me1507

Activity: 588

Gon Totto

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:29:40 PM

Nice to see Elastic keep moving forward in development, slow but sure.

At the beginning of the year Stratis came out as a great force, as Elastic is at the moment and I didn't buy some Stratis because I thought it was too soon and suddenly things happened and I missed the big train... I'll not let it happen again , I started Elastic shopping.

Agreed, this is a good time to jump in while the price still below 10k satoshi
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:36:58 PM

Agreed, this is a good time to jump in while the price still below 10k satoshi

True I have picked up a few to trade with and to fund projects.
devking

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:10:06 AM

At the beginning of the year Stratis came out as a great force, as Elastic is at the moment and I didn't buy some Stratis because I thought it was too soon and suddenly things happened and I missed the big train... I'll not let it happen again , I started Elastic shopping.

True, I'm a Stratis ico holder. Never sold.  I have invested  in two ico's Stratis and Elastic for long term last year. Always believe in tech not the hype and hold long term not for short gains. Both Stratis and Elastic haven't reached their full potential. So wait for that as it may take more 1-2 yrs.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
yanlap

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:30:14 AM

True, I'm a Stratis ico holder. Never sold.  I have invested  in two ico's Stratis and Elastic for long term last year. Always believe in tech not the hype and hold long term not for short gains. Both Stratis and Elastic haven't reached their full potential. So wait for that as it may take more 1-2 yrs.

You have good insight. Patience is bitter but its fruit is sweet. Smiley
kurumi

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:55:13 AM

Done the Chinese translation in here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2043034.0
clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:31:10 AM

Excellent.  :-)

@IMI can we link to this on the front page of this thread?
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:48:58 PM

I bought the ICO last year total 8 btc and sold OTC for 25k sats and now I bought all my XEL again  Grin

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
alope

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:54:47 PM

China people now can buy xel  in new china exchange market.
Today open the trade.   Smiley

https://eichain.com
sandan2002

Activity: 143

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:43:05 PM

Elastic coin is the Super Computer and in the near future it could become big like etheteum is,maybe better.
unvoid

Activity: 535

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:00:29 PM

China people now can buy xel  in new china exchange market.
Today open the trade.   Smiley

This news is incredible, it really shows that Elastic is on the right track! In addition, the Chinese are the strength of the market, it's definitely great news.
What justifies this current high is this news?

I would be cautious with this. Exchange created february this year. I can't see any markets (without sign up and I don't want to sign up just for that). On front page there is some chart for Elastic without X/Y axis info. Maybe someone have a time to check those new exchanges. If so, please share with us any findings.

Be careful with any not widely known exchange.

BTC: 1CMgHWx4wkAaAy2FfeCyPdedUExmhGhfi5
XEL: XEL-HCM8-KB6E-YFLK-8BWMF
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:20:34 PM

Definitely better be safe than sorry.
I would be very very careful about trading in such a new exchange. better to avoid and trade only in places that have a proven record of reliability. Don't forget there are enough people out there who try to scam people out of their money.
Of course that doesn't mean this is not legit,  but i would be extra cautious.
biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:54:26 PM

I would be very very careful about trading in such a new exchange. better to avoid and trade only in places that have a proven record of reliability. Don't forget there are enough people out there who try to scam people out of their money.

Why such growth of Elastic today who can say? Was there some news or just Pump?
oscurito23

Activity: 583

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:31:16 PM

Why such growth of Elastic today who can say? Was there some news or just Pump?

Many chinese people buying in 4 hours when his wake up again more pump!
syclone

Activity: 755
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:12:15 PM

A lot of Alts have been in a accumulation sideways pattern after those big / major dumps a few weeks ago.  I'm seeing a lot of them rebounding nicely off their newly found floor.  Of course, XEL is a long term hold for me so I'm not really keeping track of its day to day price movements. 
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:37:55 PM

China people now can buy xel  in new china exchange market.
Today open the trade.   Smiley

This news is incredible, it really shows that Elastic is on the right track! In addition, the Chinese are the strength of the market, it's definitely great news.
What justifies this current high is this news?

I would be cautious with this. Exchange created february this year. I can't see any markets (without sign up and I don't want to sign up just for that). On front page there is some chart for Elastic without X/Y axis info. Maybe someone have a time to check those new exchanges. If so, please share with us any findings.

Be careful with any not widely known exchange.

New exchange , can't trust it . Bittrex is the best .

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: