Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:30:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: XEL - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 252985 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:21:29 AM

Not that this project turned out to be a scam and not worth investing any more. Absolutely not, it still has a promising tech and will likely reward investors in the long term.

But these recent events showed that it is not different from many others in terms of how the people who run it try to manipulate the market. They likely dumped into the news hype and will buy 3-5 times more with the same BTC in the coming months, then repeat the process until they own the majority of supply. Something similar was seen with APX recently.

It's not good or bad, just not different from 99% of crypto pump and dump schemes. This is how these markets work.

Also. The question is were are the devs? Have they updated a roadmap lately? Golem and sonm will keep growing.

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
badinvesterguy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:27:04 AM

Its aftermath saw everything.
didnt like 80% of the price increase happen before the post?

I know this project well and I know what kind of price is he after a marketing. I don't have time to buy at 4500, and bought for 8000. But it doesn't matter. Tomorrow it will be again 4000. It is like you sold the painting, they took the money for it and then said that she's a fake. Here is not the fault of the exchange, the consequences of actions and words, and no one apologizes !! In business, this is unacceptable. Now I'm not an investor in this coin, and will short-term speculator. In this respect it will continually give good waves where you can earn and the price strongly will not rise as there is no trust from new investors.

That's what marketers, what would be in this situation to find words which won't cause costs to investors. And it's not difficult, it is very easy. Very very very easy to find the right words.

I dont think you got what I was getting at, the price was already at its top when the news came out, meaning the people behind the pump probably invested in this coin with inside information and wanted to have a stake in the game before doing it for free, being blown off later makes them hurt the most. Im just guessing all of this, but its too coincidental the price increased out of nowhere.

Its like you bought a painting in a shop with good lights and at home dont like it as much.
badinvesterguy

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:28:36 AM

Not that this project turned out to be a scam and not worth investing any more. Absolutely not, it still has a promising tech and will likely reward investors in the long term.

But these recent events showed that it is not different from many others in terms of how the people who run it try to manipulate the market. They likely dumped into the news hype and will buy 3-5 times more with the same BTC in the coming months, then repeat the process until they own the majority of supply. Something similar was seen with APX recently.

It's not good or bad, just not different from 99% of crypto pump and dump schemes. This is how these markets work.

Also. The question is were are the devs? Have they updated a roadmap lately? Golem and sonm will keep growing.
Try to read some posts from the one above you, then you know the answer to both
@ndruxa

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:53:57 AM

Its aftermath saw everything.
didnt like 80% of the price increase happen before the post?

I know this project well and I know what kind of price is he after a marketing. I don't have time to buy at 4500, and bought for 8000. But it doesn't matter. Tomorrow it will be again 4000. It is like you sold the painting, they took the money for it and then said that she's a fake. Here is not the fault of the exchange, the consequences of actions and words, and no one apologizes !! In business, this is unacceptable. Now I'm not an investor in this coin, and will short-term speculator. In this respect it will continually give good waves where you can earn and the price strongly will not rise as there is no trust from new investors.

That's what marketers, what would be in this situation to find words which won't cause costs to investors. And it's not difficult, it is very easy. Very very very easy to find the right words.

I dont think you got what I was getting at, the price was already at its top when the news came out, meaning the people behind the pump probably invested in this coin with inside information and wanted to have a stake in the game before doing it for free, being blown off later makes them hurt the most. Im just guessing all of this, but its too coincidental the price increased out of nowhere.

Its like you bought a painting in a shop with good lights and at home dont like it as much.

Project Xel is interesting and promising, but also risky for investment. What would be new investors need confidence that the price will grow. The news about attracting marketing is a signal for new investors and they appear. Group Pumps follow up on such news and enjoy it by buying the first and selling up and earning a lot. They wanted to continue to pump up buying at 7000 and selling at 9000, and then the price would remain around 8000. I saw it and did not worry about the investment. But for them, too, the news was unexpected. Now they will swing from 5300 to how many will be that would then sell, but they will pump at the expense of ordinary people by chatting that they buy XEl, it's cheap. The price after 5 days will be worth 4000 again, when the pumps will take their money from there.
@ndruxa

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:06:52 AM

When trees grow in the same garden, and in another, other trees bring apples, people go to that garden where they can tear this apple. Today in your garden there are no flowers and as a consequence there will be no apples. Today there are only pumps and they will soon leave, pumps are not looking for trust, they come and run away with money.

If the creators of Xel do not want any pumps, do not say anything about the project, and soon it will cost 0$. I'll see how you will praise them further. I will come later and buy for 0. Unfortunately, this is life and market relations.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:17:48 AM

Here's a medium post from GoldenSmophy
https://medium.com/@GoldenSmophy/official-gs-statement-regarding-the-elastic-cooperation-f59652fc4a16

How many people have publishing rights for elastic_coin's twitter?
https://twitter.com/elastic_coin/status/925035467338371072

A member with publishing rights took it upon himself to post something that does not represent the project. His credentials where revoked.
@ndruxa

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:06:46 AM

Here's a medium post from GoldenSmophy
https://medium.com/@GoldenSmophy/official-gs-statement-regarding-the-elastic-cooperation-f59652fc4a16

How many people have publishing rights for elastic_coin's twitter?
https://twitter.com/elastic_coin/status/925035467338371072

A member with publishing rights took it upon himself to post something that does not represent the project. His credentials where revoked.

Here is an example of how to respect the rest.

Marketing is a science, not everyone knows it. Not all marketing companies are correct and many of them are aimed at making a profit from the air. But when there is a real good product behind this then it's great. If people are shown how someone works better than others and he is ready to follow you, what's wrong with that? I see only one answer to this question, just Xel is afraid that he will not be able to complete the project, there is no other reason to do so.
@ndruxa

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:29:30 AM

Excuse me, my last post.

If marketing is correct and served in small portions, then every day there will be new investors and the cost will gradually increase and jump only when bitcoin jumps. You make yourself OkCash or Vertcoin, then you will rise in price by 300% in 3 days and earn on it yourself as you and your friends are the first to know that the product is ready. Take a loan and buy Xel, then sell 300%. Or a major player will do it. But such as I just do not have time. And giving you money now is simply not reasonable, only you will make money, and all this time in other projects investors will eat apples.

It is possible that the Chinese government saw how stupid everything was going on, and that pumps were used and just shielded its inhabitants. Since you do not understand what game you came to play.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:38:04 AM

And giving you money now is simply not reasonable

What are you talking about? Nobody here wants your money and nobody here will ever accept any money from you! I think that you have a huge misunderstanding. Just because you buy some XEL from someone on the internet, that does not mean that you gave money to anyone working on XEL.

Let's say Tyler Durden sells his 1000 XEL on Bittrex and you buy them for 1 BTC. Then Tyler has received one BTC and you have received his 1000 XEL. Only you and Tyler are involved in this transaction. This does not make you an "investor", neither did you give any BTC to anyone who works on this project.

Why is it so hard to understand??
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:05:34 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2017, 11:36:51 AM by NutMasterTardd

This is the way crypto is currently, noobs don't research anything. Then noobs decide to buy into any crypto with money they can't afford to lose without spending 5 minutes reading about it because they saw dollar signs and wanted to make some quick cash. They then decide to sell at a loss and blame everyone else, the price likely recovers a few weeks/months/years later anyway but that is not the point.

To the burnt traders that have lost money, I am sorry but you took the risk and clearly many of you didn't research before buying. So here are your options:
1) Sell now and take a loss or profit.
2) Hold out for a finished product and hope for a rise. (Wait 2weeks-5years)

Majority of people that have joined Slack over the last few days have asked the same questions that have been answered hundreds of times, please research for 5 minutes and you will find your answer. Also coming into the Slack and crying because you decided to sell and lose money is not going to bring your money back, only time will if anything.

The devs have worked unpaid for more than a year and a half, development is still ongoing right now. They have zero incentive to pump this coin, that is why pump and dump marketing is not wanted. This projects value will grow naturally with time, Not "price target" bs. Then when the time is right there are many better ways to market XEL.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
Choosewise

Activity: 192

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:12:51 PM

This is the way crypto is currently, noobs don't research anything. Then noobs decide to buy into any crypto with money they can't afford to lose without spending 5 minutes reading about it because they saw dollar signs and wanted to make some quick cash. They then decide to sell at a loss and blame everyone else, the price likely recovers a few weeks/months/years later anyway but that is not the point.

To the burnt traders that have lost money, I am sorry but you took the risk and clearly many of you didn't research before buying. So here are your options:

Majority of people that have joined Slack over the last few days have asked the same questions that have been answered hundreds of times, please research for 5 minutes and you will find your answer. Also coming into the Slack and crying because you decided to sell and lose money is not going to bring your money back, only time will if anything.

The devs have worked unpaid for more than a year and a half, development is still ongoing right now. They have zero incentive to pump this coin, that is why pump and dump marketing is not wanted. This projects value will grow naturally with time, Not "price target" bs. Then when the time is right there are many better ways to market XEL.
Doesn't excuse how childishly the devs have handled this. What the fuck did they think was going to happen

bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:49:32 PM

Doesn't excuse how childishly the devs have handled this. What the fuck did they think was going to happen

What was childish about it? their project, their time, their work. Why should your or anyone's opinion even matter if they don't contribute?

Go find another coin to profit from if you have no patience.

NutMasterTardd2

Activity: 153

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:52:56 PM

What was childish about it? their project, their time, their work. Why should your or anyone's opinion even matter if they don't contribute?

Go find another coin to profit from if you have no patience.

Not only that, many known and respected community members also agreed this wasn't the right marketing choice or time for XEL.

:: Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::
Evlve

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:22:46 PM

Does having a community that goes into an uproar all over the forums/slack whenever they disagree with a strategy really benefit this project? Or any project?

In my opinion the people doing the work have 99% of the say and they are 99% going to determine whether or not they create a project that offers value to their customers. The community then determines what that is worth by buying, holding, sharing, selling, etc.

Would google, Toyota, Apple or any other company creating a product determine their entire product line or entire strategy based off what the customers are telling, no. They may be influenced but at the end of the day it's up to them.

In the decentralized world there's a certain amount of power that the community has that I don't know if you'll find in other markets. People feel entitled to make decisions typically left to managers and leadership teams; it's an odd dynamic embedded into the realm. When you couple that with people trying to get rich fast and expecting 1000% returns a month after they've invested I think the result is what you'll see in many threads across these forums whenever a coin hasn't had an update in a while.

Do your research, invest in projects you believe in, disregard your emotions, and maybe you'll hit your goals. In the meantime never forget how revolutionary these products are and enjoy the fact that you were at the very least there when it all started.
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:36:28 PM

Do the Devs post here or in the telegram chat?

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:32:12 PM

Do the Devs post here or in the telegram chat?

Here and quite active in Slack, not sure about Telegram.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
Revalexter123

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:00:30 PM

Golden Smophy scam?
TupacShakur

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

https://twitter.com/BitRushProject

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:54:50 AM

I just seen a twitter post pointing out something rather valid: these 3 githubs contain over 15,000 commits to xel, with the latest being updated within the last 24hours

https://github.com/sprocket-fpga/xel_miner/commits/master

https://github.com/OrdinaryDude/ElasticPrototypeWallet/commits/master

https://github.com/unvo1d/Elastic-XEL-Litewallet/commits/master

now sit here and tell me 15,000 commits is a scam  Grin development is very active, there is simply no fake hype like other projects, the second news gets release she doubles in price. decentralized supercomputer systems are future tech, condider this on STRAT before the pump, dont let butthurt twitter hype buyers make you  dump your bags, for this is a x100 project, without a doubt. big respect to the developers so far.
thedarkamp

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:11:14 AM

It's a promising project, but a little bit risky. Sonm keeps growing and Golem too. Always DYOR
@ndruxa

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:06:44 AM

And giving you money now is simply not reasonable

What are you talking about? Nobody here wants your money and nobody here will ever accept any money from you! I think that you have a huge misunderstanding. Just because you buy some XEL from someone on the internet, that does not mean that you gave money to anyone working on XEL.

Let's say Tyler Durden sells his 1000 XEL on Bittrex and you buy them for 1 BTC. Then Tyler has received one BTC and you have received his 1000 XEL. Only you and Tyler are involved in this transaction. This does not make you an "investor", neither did you give any BTC to anyone who works on this project.

Why is it so hard to understand??

Understand, they control the course of Xel through their twitter. They are guilty in this situation 100%. This is called market manipulation. Because of such cases, the US government and many others recognize the ICO as valuable securities and for such comments the person then has responsibility before the law. This game is has a rules, and if they are not respected then they by law can punish  !!! There are posts and results of the schedule on the stock exchange. I agree that they could not do it on purpose, the probability of this is 50%. But they did it as badly as possible. I want everyone else to think about and not make such mistakes. And that would tweet Xel before us apologized.

There are cases when they sued for what bitcoin was called a bubble. - this is called market manipulation.
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: