Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:20:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: XEL - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 252972 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Deepfoelife

Activity: 434
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:28:35 PM

So happy to see Elastic stay on Bittrex.  Most likely means somebody on the team (EK) dox'ed himself and followed the guidelines set out by Bittrex.  XEL also passed their lawyers tests as well.

Proof or it did not happen.
Can still get delisted in april.

Also quoting before your comment means EK can just stop working and nobody can ask him questions or file lawsuit since it was a donation not an ICO. Great way to say your bitcoins are mine and i owe you nothing.

It is what it is, it was a donation and everybody knew it. EK and team still meet expectations and working on the project. And we all understand that there is gotta be a right time to release news.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alphahacktivist

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:06:29 AM

So happy to see Elastic stay on Bittrex.  Most likely means somebody on the team (EK) dox'ed himself and followed the guidelines set out by Bittrex.  XEL also passed their lawyers tests as well.

Also quoting before your comment means EK can just stop working and nobody can ask him questions or file lawsuit since it was a donation not an ICO. Great way to say your bitcoins are mine and i owe you nothing.

It is what it is, it was a donation and everybody knew it. EK and team still meet expectations and working on the project. And we all understand that there is gotta be a right time to release news.

Forget final release. Im looking for beta and been waiting foe the past 7months.
Im one of the first 'donators' of this project
kurdun

Activity: 356
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:36:51 AM

It seems I have long heard of attempts to combine the power of computers of ordinary people around the world to create a distributed supercomputer. But they all failed because there were no rewards, participation was offered on an altruistic basis
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:41:47 AM

It seems I have long heard of attempts to combine the power of computers of ordinary people around the world to create a distributed supercomputer. But they all failed because there were no rewards, participation was offered on an altruistic basis

well, you're quite right! boinc and world community grid have a lot of users (i read 747,572 on their site, but i don't know how many are still actives), but with a reward i'm pretty sure that that number can be become much bigger!
That's why i think xel is really a great idea!
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:03:04 AM

well, you're quite right! boinc and world community grid have a lot of users (i read 747,572 on their site, but i don't know how many are still actives), but with a reward i'm pretty sure that that number can be become much bigger!
That's why i think xel is really a great idea!

I don't think they have that many users. might be 0.1% of that actually using it
syclone

Activity: 755
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:28:33 PM

Forget final release. Im looking for beta and been waiting foe the past 7months.
Im one of the first 'donators' of this project

So you've been holding coins since the 'donation' as well?  Over 2 years ago.  Maybe 3.  Oh well.  Not too worried about it.
SeksiStarlord

Activity: 384
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:27:13 AM

Guys, its a big issue imo that there are no "officials" who represent XEL or the team. Sooner or later bittrex will ask elastic for more information and to sign more documents because they are an US Exchange and they want and have to stay compliant with SEC and so on. So I thought to apply for listing on bridge coin maybe? Someone could start a donation fund (with escrow or not) and everyone can send some spare btc to get the listing fee.. after this we are on crypto bridge and noone has to worry about delisting! Smiley
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:01:17 AM

Guys, its a big issue imo that there are no "officials" who represent XEL or the team. Sooner or later bittrex will ask elastic for more information and to sign more documents because they are an US Exchange and they want and have to stay compliant with SEC and so on. So I thought to apply for listing on bridge coin maybe? Someone could start a donation fund (with escrow or not) and everyone can send some spare btc to get the listing fee.. after this we are on crypto bridge and noone has to worry about delisting! Smiley

Bad news.
Yes, I totally agree with your suggestion.
Anyone who invests in Xel should have a backup to register into a new market.
Because it would be very fatal consequence if bittrex removes XEL in trading.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:15:27 AM

Bad news.

Another exchange would be good as a backup, especially when Upbit is a subsidiary of Bittrex, but ultimately, there's always Heat exchange that worked quite good in the early days when there was nothing else available for trading.
SHBlizzard

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:36:18 AM

Bad news.

Another exchange would be good as a backup, especially when Upbit is a subsidiary of Bittrex, but ultimately, there's always Heat exchange that worked quite good in the early days when there was nothing else available for trading.

I do like cryptobridge, and I am willing to donate.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:39:28 AM

Bad news.

Upbit is a bittrex subsidiary.
If bittrex removes XEL most likely Upbit also delete it.
I suggest binance or okex which is a backup of XEL exchange in the future.
tomkat

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:46:46 AM

Bad news.

In order to be listed on Binance you would need to fill in the following 10-pages form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfhibOzGG7I-JIw0Ofj3kFEj9oMhnR-GkajMPhJp7H1URyHJA/viewform

First issue is on 1st page :-)

Please confirm your position with this Project
-CEO
-Founder/Co-Founder

...and XEL has no CEO and no Founder.

I didn't go through to next pages, but you can be sure there're more obstacles, so it's unlikely XEL will ever get listed on Binance.
Alohaboy?!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:16:17 PM

Bad news.

In order to be listed on Binance you would need to fill in the following 10-pages form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfhibOzGG7I-JIw0Ofj3kFEj9oMhnR-GkajMPhJp7H1URyHJA/viewform

-CEO
-Founder/Co-Founder

I didn't go through to next pages, but you can be sure there're more obstacles, so it's unlikely XEL will ever get listed on Binance.

Would setting up a foundation would solve the problem? Since it´s a community/ open source project it could be done from a volunteer isn't it? I think there would be surely be some support for some kind of foundation fund to pay some devs( I know EK doesn't want to be paid) but to attract some more or start some kind of hackaton
SeksiStarlord

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:24:26 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2018, 03:36:20 PM by SeksiStarlord

Bad news.

-CEO
-Founder/Co-Founder

Would setting up a foundation would solve the problem? Since it´s a community/ open source project it could be done from a volunteer isn't it? I think there would be surely be some support for some kind of foundation fund to pay some devs( I know EK doesn't want to be paid) but to attract some more or start some kind of hackaton

A foundation should be enough to answer the first page of binance application form, but as far as I know they want really high listing fees paid in Bitcoin..
So my suggestion is CryptoBridge really good and smoothly working exchange with decent volume and still growing. And they list everyone. The listing fee is ONLY 1 BITCOIN. We should be able to get the funds together as a community. What do you think?

THE APPLICATION FORM FOR CRYPTO BRIDGE:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScvq_sKqLGDFtHT8xB_a5yHLVz69ljJ_0Utk8V5Qs_LZVfUBg/viewform

I just made a tweet where anyone can donate to get the 1BTC - not more. If we reach the full amount I will send the application form and pay for listing.
https://twitter.com/LordkeekLordkek/status/975757049333198849

BTC address: 1AzmtY8X47Mujko733mXhFHzLqvjcXK4dc
Alohaboy?!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:26:42 PM

Bad news.

-CEO
-Founder/Co-Founder

A foundation should be enough to answer the first page of binance application form, but as far as I know they want really high listing fees paid in Bitcoin..
So my suggestion is CryptoBridge really good and smoothly working exchange with decent volume and still growing. And they list everyone. The listing fee is ONLY 1 BITCOIN. We should be able to get the funds together as a community. What do you think?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScvq_sKqLGDFtHT8xB_a5yHLVz69ljJ_0Utk8V5Qs_LZVfUBg/viewform

I really like CB. I just thought it might help the project dealing with it in general Wink
tomkat

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:16:32 PM

Bad news.

-CEO
-Founder/Co-Founder

I really like CB. I just thought it might help the project dealing with it in general Wink

CryptoBridge uses OpenLedger Gateways, so perhaps it would be better (cheaper) to be listed on Bitshares/Openledger than on CryptoBridge?
Haven't found their terms and price though
tomkat

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:35:37 PM

Or, perhaps https://stocks.exchange would be better since they already have NXT listed, and since XEL is based on NXT, it would be easier to get listed there.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgX9vWkqmMZc85EffLtYay7nH9eykTpXrDESFDGXPu-YKR7Q/viewform
They require $1000 daily volume after listing

NXT isn't listed on CryptoBridge nor on Bitshares/OpenLedger
SeksiStarlord

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:02:44 PM

Or, perhaps https://stocks.exchange would be better since they already have NXT listed, and since XEL is based on NXT, it would be easier to get listed there.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgX9vWkqmMZc85EffLtYay7nH9eykTpXrDESFDGXPu-YKR7Q/viewform

Also good idea, but when you pay the 1BTC listing fee on cryptobridge they will list you so it does not matter if they already have nxt or not and wont delist you if the volume is too low Smiley

I just made a tweet where anyone can donate to get the 1BTC - not more. If we reach the full amount I will send the application form and pay for listing.

SHBlizzard

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:27:39 PM

Also good idea, but when you pay the 1BTC listing fee on cryptobridge they will list you so it does not matter if they already have nxt or not and wont delist you if the volume is too low Smiley

Ive used Stocks exchange before, and its not bad.... buuuut depositing BTC or ETH there takes a full day (at least it seems like it). The trading/exchange is decent, but has really low volume - I rather have CB

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
raoulsergia

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:43:12 PM

Ive used Stocks exchange before, and its not bad.... buuuut depositing BTC or ETH there takes a full day (at least it seems like it). The trading/exchange is decent, but has really low volume - I rather have CB

I had faster deposit with ETH but even then its not as fast as binance on stocks exchange
BTC deposits take hella lot of time and annoying...
Another exchange COSS can also be looked at
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: