Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:21:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: XEL - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 252985 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Redawn

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:27:21 PM

Donations is so humanized. Nice work guys. There are several projects claiming to build decentralized supercomputer, such as SONM, Golem and they are very close to do it. Golem is releasing beta soon and SONM will roll out production ready in August. What ELA offers in better way? Thanks

I second this question and would like to ask. Whats next now?
if you haven't already, i would recommend you guys get your hands dirty and try out uploading and mining work packages (simple sample). few of us did it and it works like a swiss clock. next step is that ek will give us more complicated sample to mine and actually earn bounties for submitted shares, for now bounties are set to 0. of course this all is happening on testnet atm. it would also be cool if some devs would join and code even more work packages in ePL so we can do more intensive testing..
so far supercomputer works as promised, there is more work with frontend but backend mechanics is working as intended.
huge respect to ek and coralreefer, amazing work with ePL, xel miner and core client.

Totally agree !
This project will be rocking soon in the future on mainnet. For now we need people to look into the code, for testing, and for just watching it working Smiley

Thanks for all those codes, EK the great, Coralreefer and others!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:49:01 PM

Just a suggestion;

Is it an idea to raise some money to hire a marketing team? And also finalise the website..

Im willing to contribute some money to this fundraising and Im sure many others to..

We can easily raise 50k.. that should be enough to hire a good marketing team for a while!

@ IMI, maybe you can manage these funds and also hire the marketing team?

darangus

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:19:45 AM

Just a suggestion;

Is it an idea to raise some money to hire a marketing team? And also finalise the website..

Im willing to contribute some money to this fundraising and Im sure many others to..

We can easily raise 50k.. that should be enough to hire a good marketing team for a while!

i'm happy to donate to this, a professional marketing team would see the price rise at least 10x, lets do this.
alphahacktivist

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:11:55 AM

Just a suggestion;

i'm happy to donate to this, a professional marketing team would see the price rise at least 10x, lets do this.

Ill donate to this provided its a professional marketing team.
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:15:46 AM

Learned about this project from a friend, looks very promising and very very underpriced. Got myself a bunch of coins and plan to hodl for a long time Smiley
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:00:42 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 11:07:06 AM by mr.coinzy

Just a suggestion;

Site is in the making and so are materials to go along with it (I am sure you also saw a mention of this in ek's recent doc).
Once we have the site out we can explore the pr marketing direction and the relevant costs that are tied to it.
It is good to see you and others are willing to donate to help finance future needs. I am sure this will have much value as we proceed ahead.
Sanderion

Activity: 434

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:45:44 PM

Learned about this project from a friend, looks very promising and very very underpriced. Got myself a bunch of coins and plan to hodl for a long time Smiley

Great decision, congratulations! Smiley Beta was released and good days are coming. Grin I'm going to take part in testnet, pitifully, there are no rewards for participation. Cry

NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:41:04 PM

Just a suggestion;

+1 I'd be happy to donate whenever the team decides is a good time to market XEL.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
Zeatorius

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:25:45 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 11:43:22 PM by Zeatorius

Just a suggestion;

+1 I'd be happy to donate whenever the team decides is a good time to market XEL.

Marketing is an extremely valuable tool to get Elastic noticed, which will inturn send the price up on Bittrex and once a coin hits the front page due to trading volume all eyes on that coin. Golem has moved the same amount in value as Elastic with no news, which is a shame because in my opinion Elastic is more developed although both are good projects Golem is just valuated higher because of the marketing the team has done.

I believe in August Elastic and Verge very were closely valuated, both in top 100 in the 70s. I think the wrong coin has jumped in value massively personally.

ZRX supporter.
ImI (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:29:59 PM

Just a suggestion;

I agree with the idea and would donate too, but unfortunately i am not available for managing the funds etc.

Eventually wait with marketing until everything works? You know makes a bigger "Bam!" Wink
Bavaria

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:52:22 PM

As one of the way to express my support I am also willing to donate a few bucks for the XEL team.
tomkat

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:46:52 AM

wow. Nice project, nice team and bad marketing( Does the company have a small budget?

No budget, just hard work and love for the tech.
its very ambitious but what kind of money does the team live on? Or they have own work?

We finance ourselves from our own private lives and sadly without any compensation from this project.

Well, that's actually not  precise - the devs were rewarded by community - remember this?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1957064.msg19671739#msg19671739

A) What the devs received as a single donation back then was not something they could rely on or anticipate as part of any normal/acceptable income/compensation from any involvement one spends a considerable time on. They had to finance themselves on their own without any reliance on this project. If you fail to understand this try working on something for a very long time without any compensation and with no promise for such compensation in the future, while still creating a very considerable value to many other people to profit from. That was the case here, and the good will of a single private individual who decided to send some coins on his own accord does not change that fact.
B) Additional people where/are involved in this project, giving their time and effort (and sometimes even their hard earned money) and they where not compensated regardless of the link you just posted.

Each and every individual holding xel has indirectly received a very substantial compensation just for the fact that their coin has gained value due to the hard work done in this project by other individuals.
The fact that you chose to post this link and to be argumentative to try to prove something  (which it does not) just shows me you do not really appreciate the work and effort done here by others.

I really don't know what are you trying to prove with your post. You said devs didn't get ANY compensation from this project, whereas I've just reminded you that they (4 of them to be precise) received quite substantial rewards from the community. Additionally, the rewards weren't donated by single person, but by many people, including me (small amount but still), so I do appreciate their work.

If someone holding btc sends btc to a dev (or devs) working on btc, does that mean this dev received funding from Bitcoin as a project? Nope, it just means that a private person decided to send a donation in the form of btc to that dev, nothing more.

Really not sure what's your point. For some reason, you're trying to disconnect the work done by XEL devs from the donations they received from community.
What do you suggest - that the devs received tokens for searching aliens?
alphahacktivist

Activity: 235

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:52:39 AM

wow. Nice project, nice team and bad marketing( Does the company have a small budget?

its very ambitious but what kind of money does the team live on? Or they have own work?

We finance ourselves from our own private lives and sadly without any compensation from this project.

Well, that's actually not  precise - the devs were rewarded by community - remember this?

A) What the devs received as a single donation back then was not something they could rely on or anticipate as part of any normal/acceptable income/compensation from any involvement one spends a considerable time on. They had to finance themselves on their own without any reliance on this project. If you fail to understand this try working on something for a very long time without any compensation and with no promise for such compensation in the future, while still creating a very considerable value to many other people to profit from. That was the case here, and the good will of a single private individual who decided to send some coins on his own accord does not change that fact.
B) Additional people where/are involved in this project, giving their time and effort (and sometimes even their hard earned money) and they where not compensated regardless of the link you just posted.

Each and every individual holding xel has indirectly received a very substantial compensation just for the fact that their coin has gained value due to the hard work done in this project by other individuals.
The fact that you chose to post this link and to be argumentative to try to prove something  (which it does not) just shows me you do not really appreciate the work and effort done here by others.

I really don't know what are you trying to prove with your post. You said devs didn't get ANY compensation from this project, whereas I've just reminded you that they (4 of them to be precise) received quite substantial rewards from the community. Additionally, the rewards weren't donated by single person, but by many people, including me (small amount but still), so I do appreciate their work.

If someone holding btc sends btc to a dev (or devs) working on btc, does that mean this dev received funding from Bitcoin as a project? Nope, it just means that a private person decided to send a donation in the form of btc to that dev, nothing more.

Really not sure what's your point. For some reason, you're trying to disconnect the work done by XEL devs from the donations they received from community.

The discussion was closed please dont revive the dead. Lers work for the future
lolshto

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:59:49 AM

Does anyone know how to get rid ( and where ) of this problem -

Cannot forge with more than 1 accounts on the same node
mr.coinzy

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:02:10 AM

My time is limited and you are wasting it.
abaumgar

Activity: 58
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:43:16 PM

There is an ongoing discussion about Golem and its work verification procedure.
Someone is running a bad Golem node that renders an Elastic advertisement  Tongue and gets positive work verification:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GolemProject/comments/881ip0/huge_security_issue_in_golem_0140_discovered/
Stephanie2608

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:57:11 PM

Elastic is a revolutionary Open Source project aimed to create a decentralized trustless SuperComputer by utilizing cryptography and blockchain technology. It creates a complex platform that can execute a vast array of tasks in need of Computational resources; all is done in a P2P distributed way inside of the Elastic platform.

Elastic offers a versatile and flexible system by enabling self programmable tasks instead of hardcoded use cases. This is achieved thanks to the proprietary ElasticPL programming language. The system offers trustless access to computational resources at any time and from any location, while keeping privacy and anonymity.

You have to update your website. I looking forward to knowing more news!

mr.coinzy

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:45:29 PM

Elastic is a revolutionary Open Source project aimed to create a decentralized trustless SuperComputer by utilizing cryptography and blockchain technology. It creates a complex platform that can execute a vast array of tasks in need of Computational resources; all is done in a P2P distributed way inside of the Elastic platform.

Elastic offers a versatile and flexible system by enabling self programmable tasks instead of hardcoded use cases. This is achieved thanks to the proprietary ElasticPL programming language. The system offers trustless access to computational resources at any time and from any location, while keeping privacy and anonymity.

You have to update your website. I looking forward to knowing more news!

Site is being built and many new materials are being constructed to launch with it. Please stay tuned here and in our other outlets (Twitter, Slack)
tomkat

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:09:56 AM

There is an ongoing discussion about Golem and its work verification procedure.
Someone is running a bad Golem node that renders an Elastic advertisement  Tongue and gets positive work verification:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GolemProject/comments/881ip0/huge_security_issue_in_golem_0140_discovered/

More details on that security issue can be found below - the author admits being XEL fan   Wink
https://github.com/supercomputers/security_audits/blob/master/GolemKanbanana.md
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:34:04 AM
Merited by Alondre (20), Limx Dev (1), yussuf89 (1), trader19 (1)

Easter-Hackathon is up and you can participate until Sunday.

What we are basically looking for is a very cool retargeting mechanism for our artificial "blockchain" implemented in a simplified simulator.
If you are interested in hacking around a bit, and if you like to have those $500 worth of Bitcoin, then feel free to participate!

All instructions and information as well as the java based simulator that you will be working with can be found here:
https://github.com/OrdinaryDude/BlockchainHackathonEaster2018
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: