Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:00:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloaded Exodus desktop wallet but don't see updates coin prices, why?  (Read 2770 times)
bitcoin talk (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 12

Join us at slack https://bitcoin-talkers.slack.com

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:03:52 PM

I'm sorry for the delay for answering you but I had to ask the developers of the wallet to make sure that the answer is right and to answer your question, an ID is never required while trading with Exodus.
What happens when I buy a new desktop or laptop and how do I transfer that exact Exodus Desktop wallet to new computer? Will a clone of hard disk solve this dilemma?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:13:54 PM

What happens when I buy a new desktop or laptop and how do I transfer that exact Exodus Desktop wallet to new computer? Will a clone of hard disk solve this dilemma?

If you took the seed/passphrase of 12 words as backup, that's all you need. You simply install the wallet in the new computer you are going to use, restore your wallet using the words and that's it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitcoin talk (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:38:11 PM

Let's say your exchanging coins within Exodus, there is a 60 minute wait, what if the price of that alt coin your buying in the exchange doubles, does Exodus take that in account?

brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:58:28 PM

Let's say your exchanging coins within Exodus, there is a 60 minute wait, what if the price of that alt coin your buying in the exchange doubles, does Exodus take that in account?

What do you mean with "60 minute wait"? Do you mean the time between (for example) sending bitcoin and receiving ethereum? If so, the exchange you made is final (except for technical issues), so your price is fixed. Only when there is a technical failure, then things differs, but then you can contact Exodus support to correct this.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:59:11 PM

I don't know much about this 60 minute wait honestly and again, Exodus is using ShapeShift.io API so this has nothing to do with them I believe. It should logically work like any other exchange, you make the order based on the current rates and the price can't simply double just like that... feel free to explain your question more because I'm not sure If I got it right.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitcoin talk (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:41:25 PM

I don't know much about this 60 minute wait honestly and again, Exodus is using ShapeShift.io API so this has nothing to do with them I believe. It should logically work like any other exchange, you make the order based on the current rates and the price can't simply double just like that... feel free to explain your question more because I'm not sure If I got it right.
When you click exchange your get the current order price but your asked to wait a while, it is not instant, so what happens if the value increases during your wait? Would you get that increase?

brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:45:51 PM

When you click exchange your get the current order price but your asked to wait a while, it is not instant, so what happens if the value increases during your wait? Would you get that increase?

When you give the order the price is set. They (shapeshift.io) are reserving the coins for you at that rate. Exodus is always sending with high priority so normally within the timeframe of shapeshift.

When you exchange thru shapeshift outside Exodus, there is a chance your payment takes too much time; then the order is cancelled, but within  Exodus it shouldn't be a problem.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:15:04 PM

I'm sorry for the delay, I contacted the co-founder and this was his answer: "Unlike Changelly, all orders in Exodus are locked in when executed" so It looks like It won't change.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████