Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:49:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which PoS coin is "the best"?  (Read 701 times)
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 02:40:53 PM

Hello,

I would like to hear some opinions about open sourced PoS coins, since I didn't followed their progress recently. I know most of the weaknesses of PoS versus PoW and vice versa, so I kindly ask to avoid such discussions. Some suggestions about cool features in wallets are also well welcomed.

Thank you in advance,
Spartak

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sircoss

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:56:53 PM

I personally will say Blackcoin is the best PoS coin.  It has paved the way on most PoS updates and has been copied many times in updates and source code.  The developers have been busy more recently on updating it and will continue to do so.  I also hold some of this coin and have for a while, I just want to throw that out there to show that I can be a little bias about my choice but I do know what is also going on with the coin and some of its future plans.

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 03:01:32 PM

I personally will say Blackcoin is the best PoS coin.  It has paved the way on most PoS updates and have been copied many times in updates and source code.  The developers have been busy more recently on updating it and will continue to do so.  I also hold some of this this coin and have for a while, I just want to throw that out there to show that I can be a little bias about my choice but I do know what is also going on with the coin and some of its future plans.

I am with you on this, but I think they didn't updated recently? There might be some coins, which has superior tech now?

Sircoss

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:08:48 PM

I personally will say Blackcoin is the best PoS coin.  It has paved the way on most PoS updates and have been copied many times in updates and source code.  The developers have been busy more recently on updating it and will continue to do so.  I also hold some of this this coin and have for a while, I just want to throw that out there to show that I can be a little bias about my choice but I do know what is also going on with the coin and some of its future plans.

I am with you on this, but I think they didn't updated recently? There might be some coins, which has superior tech now?

They just updated last week.  Here is the link to the announcement Blackcoin Lore https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_WmVAF0tYcbRXdjYW56X2hTR1E/view
I don't know if any other coin has better tech on PoS than Blackcoin but maybe one or two might since I don't research every PoS coin so I'm pretty interested in what others will have to say on this thread as well.

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 03:14:29 PM

Thanks a bunch! We are going to relaunch FAILCoin and we were using BLK's source, but it appears we are gonna use it again. Just read their Reddit post and it seems very intriguing. Any other suggestions?

Sircoss

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:26:11 PM

Thanks a bunch! We are going to relaunch FAILCoin and we were using BLK's source, but it appears we are gonna use it again. Just read their Reddit post and it seems very intriguing. Any other suggestions?

That's all I got for suggestions but good luck on the relaunch.  Blackcoin is a really good starting point for any coin that wants to base their source off another coin.  From what I was told Stratus used Blackcoins source as well and it is now in the top 10 in market cap.

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 03:32:29 PM

That's all I got for suggestions but good luck on the relaunch.  Blackcoin is a really good starting point for any coin that wants to base their source off another coin.  From what I was told Stratus used Blackcoins source as well and it is now in the top 10 in market cap.

Frankly speaking I don't care about top 10 or top 1000. I strongly believe that simplicity is what matters and the most important part for me is the coin to work.

Geronimomo

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:37:57 PM

Frankly speaking I don't care about top 10 or top 1000. I strongly believe that simplicity is what matters and the most important part for me is the coin to work.

If functionality and usefulness are the most important BitShares is the best PoS coin. Well it's DPoS which is an amazing decentralized governance.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:53:09 PM

TALK is a working POS coin with no developer and no community. Most of the coins are delisted in old poloniex accounts. Me and a few other guys are still staking though. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864994.0
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 04:13:41 PM

If functionality and usefulness are the most important BitShares is the best PoS coin. Well it's DPoS which is an amazing decentralized governance.

Never used it before, though I know about BitShares. Will try their wallet as we speak.

TALK is a working POS coin with no developer and no community. Most of the coins are delisted in old poloniex accounts. Me and a few other guys are still staking though. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864994.0

I haven't researched TALK deeply, but I know it was never widely used, therefore I don't think its with a proven tech. BlackCoin on the other hand is widely used. 

SwedishGirl

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:20:32 PM

Hello,

I would like to hear some opinions about open sourced PoS coins, since I didn't followed their progress recently. I know most of the weaknesses of PoS versus PoW and vice versa, so I kindly ask to avoid such discussions. Some suggestions about cool features in wallets are also well welcomed.

Thank you in advance,
Spartak

It's either Blackoin or Vericoin but considering Stratis used the Blackoin code base, I am inclined to say Blackcoin. Peercoins is some kind of weird hybrid and needs to find an identity.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 04:27:11 PM

Stratis looks like a huge bubble. Even we have a bigger team (though less developers) than them.

brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:30:26 PM

I haven't researched TALK deeply, but I know it was never widely used, therefore I don't think its with a proven tech. BlackCoin on the other hand is widely used. 

[/quote]

Nope, its probably not even that good, all I know is I get my interest payments and can send it to the exchange. TALK is actually a pain to sync so probably not that good to use for new project. Once it gets synced then its fine. No idea what would happen if a problem arose since there is no dev.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 05:41:53 PM

Nope, its probably not even that good, all I know is I get my interest payments and can send it to the exchange. TALK is actually a pain to sync so probably not that good to use for new project. Once it gets synced then its fine. No idea what would happen if a problem arose since there is no dev.

FAILCoin is actually older than TALK, but current issues with the code and the fact that our only (so far) developer is extremely busy were the things, which led us to decide that it's better to re-launch.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: