Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:53:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solved- someone told me I locked my own account.  (Read 580 times)
manshed (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:19:26 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 08:50:36 PM by manshed

You have to wait 24 hours and open a ticket. This is my bad and I have been told and it make sense. I will reach out and I am confident the issue will be resolved.  Grin
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:30:26 AM

you are the first person to say something like this!
and I have been using bittrex for over 2 years now without any problems with anything like what you just described.

Only Bitcoin
Pursuer
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:46:47 AM

you are the first person to say something like this!
and I have been using bittrex for over 2 years now without any problems with anything like what you just described.

It's called selective scamming, not everyone posts on forums, they just think oh well coins. These are the facts and I am so pissed off as people have said yeah sure this is a good site to use. Do you want pictures?

sorry that you are experiencing this but I really doubt a website with 200 million dollar daily volume is scamming one randomly selected user for some amount and risk ruining their reputation.
in any case I can't make a judgment without knowing all the facts, it is possible that the site had its reasons for doing what they did.

how long has it been since you contacted support?
what coin did you deposit? was it bitcoin? is it possible the coins were tainted, like coming from some darkmarket or something?
was it an altcoin? was it an altcoin that had a 51% attack recently?

and if it was a normal deposit of bitcoin and they blocked your account and never answered back (at least wait a couple of days), and your problem was unsolved then open a proper scam accusation here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 instead of this board.

Only Bitcoin
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 03:06:17 AM

Well looks like you did something to run afoul of their KYC/AML requirements. Just do the verification they ask for before you claim scam and use your true IP to log in. 

Pursuer
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:11:48 AM

If they are worth that much it is EASY to get away with this sort of shit.

1. bullshit auto response that makes absolutely no sense https://postimg.org/image/hpsrl3sg1/
2. https://postimg.org/image/se13xorsx/ -  look my account is disabled on my first ever try, well I better go verify my phone number and promptly resolve this issue
3. https://postimg.org/image/g0o9qs24h/- This is 100% without question the code.  I am not going to take a picture of me looking at the phone writing this down. Guess I can't verify, oh well how about fuck them and I'll simply take my money back
4. https://gyazo.com/1bc9e156c0a30211ec5f88b596f3501d Well fuck me again, how about I read about the disabled accounts on their page to find out why a month busting my ass in two jobs is being held up
5. https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000240791 Nothing, what about that? Shall I keep going?

when you try to log-in, change password, or in your case verify your account with that code in image #3 and fail the system automatically disables your account for at least 24 hours and that is true in all services because of security reasons.
and it is not even a couple of hours after your problem and you are already starting to call them scam!

with that said I am not defending bittrex, just saying your reasoning is flawed.

Only Bitcoin
manshed (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:29:27 AM

If they solve it I will say they solve it but until then I am calling it like I see it.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:11:34 PM

This is the first time I hear this, and for what I know, bittrex is considered to be one of the better exchanges, yes? Have you tried contacting their support? Usually if the support isn't answering that's a red flag, otherwise might be some bug or maybe some policies you didn't know about.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:09:26 PM

This is the first time I hear this, and for what I know, bittrex is considered to be one of the better exchanges, yes? Have you tried contacting their support? Usually if the support isn't answering that's a red flag, otherwise might be some bug or maybe some policies you didn't know about.

Their terms and conditions state that they have the right to terminate any account, for any reason, with or without notification and to hold the wallet amounts untils those amounts can be verified to their standards.  I actually have heard this a couple times along the line, but never from those that have used the exchange over the long term and not looked suspect. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: