Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:55:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Portfolio - Any potential?  (Read 646 times)
Tolrem (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:31:22 PM

I'm new, it has been a week since I have begun speculating. Although I've been familiar with BTC for much longer. I have bought in as follows (excluding BTC/ ETH)
  • XVG - 30%
  • SC - 30%
  • STRAT - 20%
  • BAY - 20%

I shot first and asked questions later, and while I don't think I'm in a "bad" position the more I dig the less true potential I see here. From what I gather these coins can go 5-10x in the next year, but that's purely speculative. The loss if any would be negligible right now. I'm not just going to dump outright. I'm looking at FCT, PASC, DGB, BLOCK now. I'm okay holding too. Any unfiltered wisdom would be appreciated. 

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
x_crypto

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:43:59 PM

How I see things:

XVG - don't see a real future for this
SC - very small potential upside
STRAT - very strong project
BAY - don't see a real future for this
Tolrem (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:48:48 PM

How I see things:

XVG - don't see a real future for this
SC - very small potential upside
STRAT - very strong project
BAY - don't see a real future for this

That's how I see it more or less. STRAT is the only one I'm really considering for a long hold.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
paramind22

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 04:51:21 PM

XVG for some people has reached the point of pessimism, which is OK in trading because it shows opportunity.  All the newbie accounts praising it didn't help the public sentiment, however.  The thing is, what can holders do to make sure it goes up?  Can we adopt it in some way...

x_crypto

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:53:10 PM

Unless you know what you are doing, I would not mess around with day trading/short term holds, yes the gains are potentially exponential, as are the losses, it takes a few whales to get together and bye bye

The strategy I have employed is to accumulate coins in strong projects, those with a strong dev team, a strong product and a real life use, buy what you can afford to lose and wait
Tolrem (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:02:57 PM

I'm not interested in day-trading, but I'm not seeding a 401k either. I might hold XVG, I think it's going to be under 100 in the short term at which it would be only logical to buy more. The project looks sound, but to be honest I'm not capable of a technical analysis.

kc.

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

uh-huh

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:12:55 PM

All of the projects you listed imo have potential to pump (STRAT is actually a good project, SC + BAY are actual products). When should you get out though?... that's up to you.

Join the largest & most active Crypto Discord Server
mickaelsilver10

Activity: 1288
Merit: 283

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:39:56 PM

I'm new, it has been a week since I have begun speculating. Although I've been familiar with BTC for much longer. I have bought in as follows (excluding BTC/ ETH)
  • XVG - 30%
  • SC - 30%
  • STRAT - 20%
  • BAY - 20%

I shot first and asked questions later, and while I don't think I'm in a "bad" position the more I dig the less true potential I see here. From what I gather these coins can go 5-10x in the next year, but that's purely speculative. The loss if any would be negligible right now. I'm not just going to dump outright. I'm looking at FCT, PASC, DGB, BLOCK now. I'm okay holding too. Any unfiltered wisdom would be appreciated. 

Nice portfolio !!
I think XVG and STRAT are very good project. Don't sell it , You have to Hold it

XSL Labs.io
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
baam25

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:42:31 PM

• XVG - 30%
  • SC - 30%
  • STRAT - 20%
  • BAY - 20%

You basically have 3 risky coins and 1 solid guaranteed coin in my opinion. Stratis is legit and Chris the founder is very active in the community. Xvg has pump potential, my coins were sent to Yobit and lost. Don't buy from yobit

Siacoin I had from 40 satoshi but then I sold early at 155 sat. So I'm out but it's a good coin. I like it more than sjcx - storage coins r good, definitely get one

I don't know much about bitbay. I guess its trying to be the next eBay?
Tolrem (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:50:30 PM

I don't know much about bitbay. I guess its trying to be the next eBay?
It is but that's not the whole deal, I think if it were ever to gain real traction it would be through the exchange of human capital. Another upside is it could be huge in developing countries because it doesn't suck blood out of each transaction (fees). I'm tentative though, it needs more steadfast direction

JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:49:13 AM

FCT or Factom has a great future and great backing right now. I see the real world use as highly scaleable and see a great upside with this coin. As well their developers are very professional and have a good road map.

PascalCoin is something I have looked into but can't bring myself to pull the trigger. I see the upside but with it being listed on just Polo and the small community I feel it will get swept under the rug.

DigiByte has quite a huge market with the gaming aspect and lightning transactions. They are participating in the Citi bank start up thing later this month and could be big for them. There is also some rumor or something similar they they are getting into Minecraft (server?) as a new road. I see a good future for this coin but it is still contingent on grabbing the gaming market and fast implementation.

GameCredits is somewhat similar to DigiByte but soley focused on games and making a marketplace for themselves. Allowing users to play and earn these coins in game and use them as currency. I see this gaming market as a great play for both coins and would reccomened getting a little GAME as well.

LTC seems like a solid investment atm due to the large trade volumes with low fees. Think of BTC as gold and LTC as silver of the crypto world. They also just got one of their own full time developers and are starting to fully realize what they are. I see this coin being .05 BTC eventually and being used in more day to day transactions than BTC.

Monero is a coin I heavily preach as it is proven and is becoming more adapted and used. The key aspect here is the privacy of it which is great for illegal and online transactions. In a world where people trust the government less and less this is a huge market. I also like the community as they truly believe in their product.

PIVX is a coin similar to Monero is the privacy aspect but is somewhat different. It is a PoS coin but is pretty well established. Hard to explain it all but think lightning fast, secure, masternodes, low fees, and good track history.

SiaCoin is something I am with because of the core technology. The need for cloud storage is growing at around 40% per year and with the market being controlled by just a few corporations this tech has insane potential. Sia creates a decentralized cloud storage system by using the memory of computers and scattering the data across all of them. Through it creates a secure network at a fraction of the cost (which is an incentive for companies using cloud storage to switch).

GridCoin is similar to Golem but more established and used for scientific research. It has it's niche and I see this coin hitting $0.1 by the end of the year. I like this as a long term hold as it can be expanded and used in other sectors if scaled properly.

Wagerr is an ico you could throw some money at as I see it blowing up like some of the others lately. It is a betting platform using the etherum network that has great potential.

Interesting coins with great potential:

VertCoin, Waves, Stratis, UBQ, WeTrust, Golem, Edgeless
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: