Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:38:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there ANY decent exchanges?  (Read 387 times)
maikohoney (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:56:28 PM

Can anyone say they have ONE decent exchange they are using to sell their Bitcoin and withdraw fiat? Or is this just completely impossible? It seems there is nothing but problems, and more problems, scams and more scams. I would appreciate something positive from ONE person who can say they are exchanging their Bitcoin to fiat without any troubles lately. Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
warnerbunny

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:03:24 PM

Are you looking to change to USD, EUR or another currency?
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:03:53 PM

Ive not had a single issue with Bittrex.... so far.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
maikohoney (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:06:00 PM

Are you looking to change to USD, EUR or another currency?

BTC > USD would be preferable, but I would also be happy to do BTC > EUR. My bank can handle deposits of either currency.
ozaeri

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:07:41 PM

Bitstamp for fiat, bittrex for alts. Both exchanges are solid and have a good platform, the only thing you won't find on either is margin trading. For that you need bitfinex and poloniex both of which are terrible exchanges.

► ► ►    TOR-Q-ALL   |   Blockchain Based Secure Mobile Calls and Internet    ◄ ◄ ◄
PRE-SALE / Nov 22nd
► ► ►        WHITEPAPER        TOKEN SALE        ANN THREAD        ◄ ◄ ◄
LostWords

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:09:09 PM

Bittrex is probably one of the best out there. I have good experiences with Cryptopia and C-CEX too btw, although they are just smaller exchanges. And I am ashamed to say I like Yobit too, haha.
maikohoney (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:16:07 PM

Bittrex is probably one of the best out there. I have good experiences with Cryptopia and C-CEX too btw, although they are just smaller exchanges. And I am ashamed to say I like Yobit too, haha.

I only see complaints about bittrex on this forum. Are you selling bitcoin and withdrawing USD or EUR with bittrex?
ozaeri

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:17:52 PM

I only see complaints about bittrex on this forum. Are you selling bitcoin and withdrawing USD or EUR with bittrex?

Bittrex doesn't have any fiat gateways, you can only trade between cryptos not directly with any real world currency. I don't know where you see complaints though its the smoothest exchange out there and never had any lag issues.

► ► ►    TOR-Q-ALL   |   Blockchain Based Secure Mobile Calls and Internet    ◄ ◄ ◄
PRE-SALE / Nov 22nd
► ► ►        WHITEPAPER        TOKEN SALE        ANN THREAD        ◄ ◄ ◄
maikohoney (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:24:18 PM

Bittrex doesn't have any fiat gateways, you can only trade between cryptos not directly with any real world currency. I don't know where you see complaints though its the smoothest exchange out there and never had any lag issues.

look at the posts here at the end of the thread... nothing but problems reported
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=463202.0

And if the site doesn't allow me to sell bitcoin for USD and then withdraw to a bank account (like you can on CEX.io), then I'm not really interested in the exchange at all.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:33:40 PM

Can anyone say they have ONE decent exchange they are using to sell their Bitcoin and withdraw fiat? Or is this just completely impossible? It seems there is nothing but problems, and more problems, scams and more scams. I would appreciate something positive from ONE person who can say they are exchanging their Bitcoin to fiat without any troubles lately. Thanks

It's possible but my known exchange who have that feature can't applied to your country since all their withdrawal options to fiat are based on our country's bank services and remittance centers.

Try using Coinbase and see if your country is supported. And what decent you are talking about? Complaints are part of all exchanges since many people have different perspective and likes. What you need to do is to find an operational exchange which gives you a less hassle way to convert your bitcoin and not finding an exchange with no complaints. It's like saying all exchange must be perfect because you want that. If you have a thinking like then you are still unripe here in cryptocurrency world.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
maikohoney (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:10:59 PM

It's possible but my known exchange who have that feature can't applied to your country since all their withdrawal options to fiat are based on our country's bank services and remittance centers.

Try using Coinbase and see if your country is supported. And what decent you are talking about? Complaints are part of all exchanges since many people have different perspective and likes. What you need to do is to find an operational exchange which gives you a less hassle way to convert your bitcoin and not finding an exchange with no complaints. It's like saying all exchange must be perfect because you want that. If you have a thinking like then you are still unripe here in cryptocurrency world.

I can accept that last sentence without an ounce of discouragement, seriously... I just thought maybe there would be one person who could say a certain exchange has provided a reliable platform with reasonable fees and customer support for selling their bitcoin and getting a bank transfer... even if it takes the customary 5 days for a SWIFT transfer... anything else seems pretty sketchy...and so my feeling is that a lot of these exchanges are taking advantage of bitcoin sellers for big profit... I assume this is what must be tolerated.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:32:26 AM

I used for years Therocktrading and they've always been very reliable and fast with fiat withdrawals.
But unfortunately they do not accept clients from the USA.
LostWords

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:49:46 PM

Well, complaints about Bittrex...aren't there always complaints? I mean, look on the forum of BMW, Mercedes, Microsoft, Apple, Android...all big companies have a section of troubleshooting and technical errors that people want the company to fix. BUT, the majority of users that I talk with always say that Bittrex is one of the best exchange that they work with. I like it too. But hey, dont put any money on my judgement since I also like Yobit (except for the wallet/withdrawal issue on certain coins (and listing of some coins, hah)). I am not a fan of Cryptopia and Coinexchange I believe.
ArdiPrabowo

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:03:12 PM

youre mean decent new altcoin
i think dev still not plan added and listing to exchanger, in liquis decent listing in there but only IOU trade, because dev is not active and still not plan added to exchanger, in liqui only can trade, can't deposit and withdraw decent coin
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:15:11 PM

i've heard the least complaints about gemini.com. they seem to have their shit together. you may not live in a place they serve though. what problems there are are usually bank, not exchange problems.

i dunno how slow their verifications are at the moment but again you don't hear too many complaints about that either.

this may all of course be because no one uses them. i would if i could.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: