Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:40:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: High-end clothing - mens and womens  (Read 432 times)
tcyshop (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:20:37 AM

If you're going places in life, you should really dress like it!

We have a large collection of classic high-end, traditional and fine clothing for both men and women.

This includes slacks and shirts, sport coats, ties, as well as accessories from luggage and bags to tie tacks and shoes.

We specialize in classic Brooks Brothers and other top brands including Barbour. We even have many originals from the 1960s.

The high-end shoes include Alden, Allen Edmonds, and other top brands.

Our women's selection includes skirts, dresses, suits, and blouses in Barbour, Pendleton, Talbot's, and more.

These are clothes that you will enjoy and keep -- not the disposable mall fare of the masses.

If you are new to dressing in classic style we'd be happy to help advise. We have decades of experience. Remember, the clothes make the man!

Feel free to PM us with your requests. What are you looking for? We can also tell you what we have in stock for your size.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:12:11 AM

So can you post any time stamped photos with your username and the time and date written on a piece of paper? Are you accepting escrow? Any vouch copies? Would you send first to trusted members?
tcyshop (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:42:30 PM

So can you post any time stamped photos with your username and the time and date written on a piece of paper? Are you accepting escrow? Any vouch copies? Would you send first to trusted members?

Hi,

Thanks so much for your interest. We would send first to trusted members, and we are accepting escrow.

HOWEVER, your post outlines exactly why Bitcoin isn't catching on at all for small businesses and vendors like ourselves. I am personally excited about Bitcoin, and as one of the proprietors of our shop I have given myself the "ok" to take Bitcoin as a form of payment. But as I see, it's not so easy -- it's not like accepting PayPal or some other online epay scheme. There's a bigger learning curve. And while yes we have a secure wallet and have all the basics down, and we've made the first step of registering here, there's additional trust issues and other hoops that buyers and sellers have to go through.

We have photos of our products, which we use on Etsy, eBay, and other sites. It probably isn't worth our time to take additional photos with our username and doing things with timestamps. I don't know what a "vouch copy" is. Are these things necessary in order to sell goods on this forum?

Just so you know where I'm coming from, I'm eager to accept Bitcoin but I don't have high hopes. I had done a big search for sites and forums to see where I might be able to sell in exchange for Bitcoin. There's bitify, but it's mainly software and gift cards and it's not a very efficient or well-trafficked site. I even set up an openbazaar node, and that doesn't appear to be any good at all - for one thing, you have to run the software 24/7. Other bitcoin trading and marketplace sites appear to be pretty dead. This site is apparently the best choice by far.

Thanks again!
tcyshop (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:01:14 PM

We've also added a "we accept Bitcoin" to all of our listings on other sites. Most of our customers don't know what that is/means.

I'm eager to accept Bitcoin but I'm not sure how to make the process work in a way that will be practical for our business.
GoodLuckChuck

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:44:38 AM

HOWEVER, your post outlines exactly why Bitcoin isn't catching on at all for small businesses and vendors like ourselves.

I agree with you. The lack of trust on both sides puts transactions at a standstill. The high rate of scammers and thieves makes it difficult for shop owners to be able to sell product.

I don't know what a "vouch copy" is. Are these things necessary in order to sell goods on this forum?

A vouch copy is essentially [gifting/selling at a reduced price] the item you are advertising to a high ranked member of this community in order for them to vouch for your service/product.
A vouch copy is not necessary to sell on this forum plus, it wouldn't make sense with the products you are selling.
I would suggest maybe posting a few pictures of your products (although the pictures wont show up until your activity increases) or providing links to some of your products for viewing.
tcyshop (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:47:18 PM

Thanks, GoodLuckChuck.

I am dismayed by the scammers and thieves. I would be happy to do vouch copies but as you say maybe this is not the right forum for our goods.

My business partner has a vintage collectibles shop on eBay and Etsy and is interested in taking Bitcoin, but has run into exactly the same problems.

I'm not quite sure what to do.

HOWEVER, your post outlines exactly why Bitcoin isn't catching on at all for small businesses and vendors like ourselves.

I agree with you. The lack of trust on both sides puts transactions at a standstill. The high rate of scammers and thieves makes it difficult for shop owners to be able to sell product.

I don't know what a "vouch copy" is. Are these things necessary in order to sell goods on this forum?

A vouch copy is essentially [gifting/selling at a reduced price] the item you are advertising to a high ranked member of this community in order for them to vouch for your service/product.
A vouch copy is not necessary to sell on this forum plus, it wouldn't make sense with the products you are selling.
I would suggest maybe posting a few pictures of your products (although the pictures wont show up until your activity increases) or providing links to some of your products for viewing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: