Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:09:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bread wallet okay to store my bitcoins?  (Read 3612 times)
ranman09 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:02:59 AM

Ive searched that bread wallet connects you directly to the blockchain network and then will serve as a wallet. But whats good here is that your naming your own bitcoins and is not hosted by services that promise you this amount of coin. Is this really good. I wanted to know the pros and cons. Anyone who can share his/her experience?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:18:26 AM

Did they give you your private keys? or they just give you recovery phrase? I haven't used them because I am using electrum mobile+desktop wallet which give full control over my bitcoins and they don't store any of my wallet files in their server. Also I can get private keys of my addresses so that I can use those addresses with other wallets.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
ranman09 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:31:37 AM

They just gave me a recovery phrase  Huh didnt know theres a private key for bit coins thanks for the info. So basically this is the same with other wallets?
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:59:03 AM

They just gave me a recovery phrase  Huh didnt know theres a private key for bit coins thanks for the info. So basically this is the same with other wallets?
Having private keys can give you ultimate control over your funds however recovery phrase can also be used to backup your wallet but if you can export private keys than you can use them with any wallet you want.

I suggest you to either try electrum or jaxx because both of them give you private key of your addresses. Jaxx even support multiple coins along with bitcoin.
ranman09 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:03:30 AM

Ive searched that bread wallet connects you directly to the blockchain network and then will serve as a wallet. But whats good here is that your naming your own bitcoins and is not hosted by services that promise you this amount of coin. Is this really good. I wanted to know the pros and cons. Anyone who can share his/her experience?
Bread wallet!! Today first i heard about this wallet from you. I only used blockchain and desktop wallet like electrum wallet. Sometimes also use Coinbase wallet. However, If they provide a private key, Than its good. If they not, than leave this account. just my personal suggestion dude

Is coinbase a wallet? I heard its an exchange? What do you suggest for between blockchain and electrum. Because of your replies guys I will be leaving all this wallets i have haha! Thank you!  Cheesy

Having private keys can give you ultimate control over your funds however recovery phrase can also be used to backup your wallet but if you can export private keys than you can use them with any wallet you want.

I suggest you to either try electrum or jaxx because both of them give you private key of your addresses. Jaxx even support multiple coins along with bitcoin.
Does this have mobile options? like for android
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:11:34 AM

Why do you want to use breadwallet when there is blockchain wallet for all versions. Breadwallet is popular for iOS and they recently launched the Android version, simple to use wallet, you can import private key of another wallet, password recovery phrase, but in terms of security I do not know whether it's good.

If you are using an Android device I would suggest, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet

You can send via Bluetooth even if you are offline.
Paper wallet cum cold storage.

And, blockchain wallet, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=piuk.blockchain.android

If security is your priority use blockchain wallet, but it's a bit buggy.

Always choose a wallet where you have access to private keys.
ranman09 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:20:01 AM

I saw Jaxx is it good versus blockchain wallet? Jaxx wallet seems new but its enticingly good. What should I choose?

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:25:24 AM

I saw Jaxx is it good versus blockchain wallet? Jaxx wallet seems new but its enticingly good. What should I choose?

Just be careful mate, there are bitcoin wallet has very weak security. I advise to store bitcoin in the trusted online wallet and has good background, we do not like to lost our bitcoin much better to be wise.
What are you looking for in bitcoin wallet? Coinbase and blockchain is great wallet.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:29:41 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 05:37:19 AM by Amph

Bread wallet!! Today first i heard about this wallet from you. I only used blockchain and desktop wallet like electrum wallet. Sometimes also use Coinbase wallet. However, If they provide a private key, Than its good. If they not, than leave this account. just my personal suggestion dude

Is coinbase a wallet? I heard its an exchange? What do you suggest for between blockchain and electrum. Because of your replies guys I will be leaving all this wallets i have haha! Thank you!  Cheesy

well every exchange can  function as a wallet as well, you can store there your funds, although it's not recommended to do so for security reason the exchange can be hacked

i would suggest bitcore direcly with prune mode if you don't have enough space, otherwise i like armory, electrum is too much centralized for my taste
tittensor

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:34:05 AM

Is coinbase a wallet? I heard its an exchange? What do you suggest for between blockchain and electrum. Because of your replies guys I will be leaving all this wallets i have haha! Thank you!  Cheesy
No, I think Blockchain is look like Coinbase, because they are online wallet.
Electrum is good choice for people want get private key and not want sync Blockchain Wink
ranman09 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:57:02 AM

Quote from: madwica
Quote from: ranman09 on Today at 05:20:01 AM

Just be careful mate, there are bitcoin wallet has very weak security. I advise to store bitcoin in the trusted online wallet and has good background, we do not like to lost our bitcoin much better to be wise.
What are you looking for in bitcoin wallet? Coinbase and blockchain is great wallet.

I would like to have a wallet than can handle different coins. Secured with private keys given and can used via a mobile device any more suggestion?

ranman09 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:59:19 AM

It seems like I can import private key in Breadwallet. Can I use electrum to to create a private key and then import it to breatwallet? When I use electrum do I save my coins in a server or in the desktop pc where I installed electrum?  Huh
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:17:23 AM

Ive recenty done quite a bit of personal research about bitcoin wallets afte making money from ETH I want to store BTc safely as possible but not too complicated.

The ones Ive have found to be good for Android are Electrum, Simple Bitcoin wallet, Green Address and also Bitcoin wallet this one:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=piuk.blockchain.android

Ive avoided Bread wallet cause for some reason it wont resynch for me after i delete the wallet and try to recover??

Jaxx I heard has some security flaws. I wouldnt recomemd ones that arent decetralised like Coin base wallet.

This is the best site to review options you can trust.

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

Personally Ive decided to choose a bunch of wallets and spread the risk over them. My favs are the simplisity of Bitcoin simple wallet and the secuirity of Electrum. Passpphares seem the way to go with wallets even more than backing up dat files. One good thing is if you save you passphrase safely on paper then you can dlete wallet and you essentially have a dummies cold storage. I like it.
ranman09 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:27:26 AM

Ive recenty done quite a bit of personal research about bitcoin wallets afte making money from ETH I want to store BTc safely as possible but not too complicated.

The ones Ive have found to be good for Android are Electrum, Simple Bitcoin wallet, Green Address and also Bitcoin wallet this one:

Ive avoided Bread wallet cause for some reason it wont resynch for me after i delete the wallet and try to recover??

Jaxx I heard has some security flaws. I wouldnt recomemd ones that arent decetralised like Coin base wallet.

Personally Ive decided to choose a bunch of wallets and spread the risk over them. My favs are the simplisity of Bitcoin simple wallet and the secuirity of Electrum. Passpphares seem the way to go with wallets even more than backing up dat files. One good thing is if you save you passphrase safely on paper then you can dlete wallet and you essentially have a dummies cold storage. I like it.

Thank you. I installed electrum in android. I seem dont know how to use it but is stuying now. I created a standard wallet.. now a question how am I going to receive payment here? haha! its to confusing. Do I need to keep my mobile on the internet to receive payments?
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:07:39 PM

Thank you. I installed electrum in android. I seem dont know how to use it but is stuying now. I created a standard wallet.. now a question how am I going to receive payment here? haha! its to confusing. Do I need to keep my mobile on the internet to receive payments?

you better spend time playing around before you put anything more than a few dollars in your wallet. saying that the fees are getting to be a few dollars. Playaround, you can't fuck up if there isn't much money in the wallet. Yeah you will need to be online but you can make a payment offline I think and then when you are online the payment will be made. I go offline when i reveal passphrases otherwise I'm always on line with my phone.

if electrum is too confusing try simple bitcoin wallet.
rhyso

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:10:44 PM

Exodus is a super nice wallet with good tutorial videos... and multi coin capability.

accrual of monetary value
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 05:48:10 PM

Breadwallet is a  decent wallet for iPhone; with Apple you don't have much to choose from. On Android the developers claim Breadwallet is superior because it only runs on Marshmallow + and uses secure hardware storage for private keys. I use it and have found it slow to sync and fees err on the high side; there is no option to manually change fees. The best all around wallets for Android are Electrum, Mycelium and Samourai.

JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:41:54 PM

If you have iphone, then the bread wallet is best for you. It is the most secure wallet and with the security of IoS in iphone, it makes it even more secure than before.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:45:30 PM

Breadwallet is a  decent wallet for iPhone; with Apple you don't have much to choose from. On Android the developers claim Breadwallet is superior because it only runs on Marshmallow + and uses secure hardware storage for private keys. I use it and have found it slow to sync and fees err on the high side; there is no option to manually change fees. The best all around wallets for Android are Electrum, Mycelium and Samourai.

There so many wallet available to use and there so many apps already on my phone so I just use a browser to save space and it works just as well and is mobile compatible so it doesn't look funny. I guess if you prefer an app and have the space it is better. I do use indiesquare though.

ranman09 (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:52:54 AM

Thank you guys, So I need to be online to be able to receive using Electrum tsk. Im not always online that is one of my problem.. Ive been seeing also mycelium is it like Electrum?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: