Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:02:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there anyway to tell how good a coin will do when it gets released?  (Read 419 times)
Nathan047 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:48:03 PM

There are plenty of altcoins that would have made a huge profit if we invested into them when they first came out, however there are so many others that just fail. I know that this is just high risk <> reward, but is there any useful tips to make a decent guess as to if an altcoin is worth investing to when it is released?

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:02:30 PM

Not sure here's right board, I think it should move to service discussion (altcoin).

Well I think first thing need to see is how the specific of the altcoin, how the coin distribution and how they do marketing. Also I think better to get into their community like group chat for example slack channel or forum.
Hutalar

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:15:53 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 12:08:27 AM by Hutalar

You have to know about the coin that how much will it be active in providing services. If it will be more used for merchants and services then it will bring more demand and it will go better. But many coins come to launch only for trade these coins often do not have much stronger bases because anytime the investors and traders throw them in the market. While if a coin have services then no one will throw them as they will care for their business.
MaskOffFuture

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:38:49 PM

Not actually, most of the price fluctuations we observe after their release is very speculative and not happening because of the real facts.
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 02:04:44 AM

There are plenty of altcoins that would have made a huge profit if we invested into them when they first came out, however there are so many others that just fail. I know that this is just high risk <> reward, but is there any useful tips to make a decent guess as to if an altcoin is worth investing to when it is released?

You can look at things like the quality of the developers and community around it, but to be honest it is essentially pure gambling to invest in these coins. Something like poker or blackjack is less luck-based than ICO investments. Anyone who tells you otherwise is purely speculating and cannot back their claims with any kind of data.

Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:15:57 AM

there's really no technique unto knowing whether it is worth the investment. Investment itself is a risk plus, the market fluctuates from time to time so you really cant tell the outcome. The only tip I can give is to gather as more info as you can regarding your investment. Read reviews, recommendations, legit articles, forums and ask advises before investing.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:36:44 AM

ICO's are really collecting of funds and only few coins that has realistic plans on the usage of that coin. If you want to know if that coin will be useful or will be good after the crowdsale. Just read what are their plans for that coin but well it's hard to determine now because there are plans that are not being implemented and followed after the success crowd sale.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:00:01 AM

One of the reasons if not the only reason why many people are hooked with ICOs is the fact that once a certain coin hits the popular marketplace like Poloniex or Bittrex you can almost be sure that profits would flow. I am not saying that this can be true with all ICOs because certainly in any industry online scammers are always represented aside from those that just failed and would die naturally. 

That's why ICO buyers should do their own due diligence by researching and studying the documents presented by the people behind a new coin or token. Always listen to reviews and look out for scam accusations. Steer away from those being introduced via the traditional network marketing technique though you can still find some genuine in there.

I bought some coins from ICONOMI in their ICO last November 2016...I bought them low and the value is now quite good and I do expect that the value would continue to rise. Just recently I took part in the MobileGo crowdsale getting 75 coins for my $30 bitcoin and when it got into exchanges the value got tripled. Just last week, I bought some coins from LeviarCoin, Wagger and Polybius.

To be honest, there is no guaranteed pattern in analyzing an ICO so sometimes it is also hit and miss even if you are doing your research and yes there is an element of gambling in here well just like starting a business for that matter. As for me it is so far so good. 
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:11:09 PM

Its a toss up. A 50/50 percent gamble if you ask me. Same as playing dice. Of course you can research about the incoming coin as there will be information released about it, also there will be discussions on threads that you can look into as to what the developers are planning to do. Problem is, it can be a scam or it can be legitimate, we'll never really know for sure.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀