Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:11:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any golden rules you follow in regards to investments?  (Read 1226 times)
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:56:25 AM

Have been thinking about this for a bit. Are there any golden rules you follow as to not get speed blindness in regards to your investments into crypto? I have not read much about investing, but I imagine there are some "golden rules" out there in the space. With crypto it is a bit different though since it is so extremely more volatile than other markets.

But for example, if you own 10 different coins and one of them shoots up to the moon and is now worth 80% of your total investments, should you rebalance that coin as soon as possible to even things out again? Even if you believe in the coin and that it has potential to rise even further? Are there some rules like this you should set up as to prevent getting burned?
Theres no golden rule but only basic rule on the world of trading crypto since we dont know on where do prices go on a particular coin which makes this thing so hard.Just remember the basics of trading selling high and buying low.This might be easy to say but this is how we do make trading and later on we should really be knowledgeable on a certain coin if it has a potential or not because buying the wrongg coin would really give you negative or loss of money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 05:06:21 AM

How long exactly do we need to wait before we sell a coin in investing? Since we dont know if its going down next week and suddelnly will up next month. Maybe this question can help, maybe not  Cheesy
Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 05:59:41 AM

Actually there are too many terms but thou must take it simply. For simple rules, just don't put all of your investment in one investment program/altcoin/currency at a time since it couls cause to lose without recovery. Unlike in investing with multiple investment, you can eliminate risk and you could still make profit from you other investment if on of your investment gets deficit.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:07:30 AM

Actually there are too many terms but thou must take it simply. For simple rules, just don't put all of your investment in one investment program/altcoin/currency at a time since it couls cause to lose without recovery. Unlike in investing with multiple investment, you can eliminate risk and you could still make profit from you other investment if on of your investment gets deficit.

We can also add here investing with some fiats right?
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:04:43 AM

Have been thinking about this for a bit. Are there any golden rules you follow as to not get speed blindness in regards to your investments into crypto? I have not read much about investing, but I imagine there are some "golden rules" out there in the space. With crypto it is a bit different though since it is so extremely more volatile than other markets.

But for example, if you own 10 different coins and one of them shoots up to the moon and is now worth 80% of your total investments, should you rebalance that coin as soon as possible to even things out again? Even if you believe in the coin and that it has potential to rise even further? Are there some rules like this you should set up as to prevent getting burned?
Theres no golden rule but only basic rule on the world of trading crypto since we dont know on where do prices go on a particular coin which makes this thing so hard.Just remember the basics of trading selling high and buying low.This might be easy to say but this is how we do make trading and later on we should really be knowledgeable on a certain coin if it has a potential or not because buying the wrongg coin would really give you negative or loss of money.
A basic rule can be a golden rule, just based on your perceptions. A golden rule is nothing but how much you value one rule even you get tempted to breach that rule.

There are many investments principles I do follow all the times. The first one is diversifying and second one is stay away is mush better than risking. With respect to lots of different altcoin investment opportunities, we must need to be very selective to choose right coins. Instead of choosing a wrong one, just ignoring might be a better options many times.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:12:22 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 11:23:31 AM by Ucy

I try to follow "never sell at a loss" technique

Exactly. Especially if the Altcoin has good potentials. My only lose so far in my Trading journey is Ethereum. I panicked when it started going against me and made some loses. One of the reasons for the panic was because I never actually wanted to trade beyond a day.
Problem now is some coins could stay more than a month before going up again
Angel777

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:44:28 PM

Yes I have to follow the instruction of my manager so that I will not be fired.Investing bitcoin is like a job having a superior and officer have rules to follow.That if you cannot follow the instructions you will be fired out.In investment to meet the success you have also instructions to follow so that you will not be bankrupt.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:18:21 PM

First and this is the most important rule invest the monet which you can afford to lose or keep a mentality that you are going to lose the money and don't think the amount of profit you will get , if you follow this it won't hurt you when you lose all.
Second do a background check of what you are investing in
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:21:14 AM

Are there some rules like this you should set up as to prevent getting burned?

Never invest more than what you can afford to lose.
Indeed, true and correct. All I know about investing is we must know the coins that we are going to buy first, check the people behind the coins, from the founder and the team member. Then check check the project plan they have if this is attainable or achievable.
Weatherby

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:56:06 PM

The golden rule i follow while investing is to know your project,learn about the development team and understand what their plans and vision's are and if you have any doubt regarding their plans just ask them and if they are able to clarify without any hurdle then it is well and good because they have to respond to every investor before setting out to attract others that is the important factors we have to check before investing your money.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: