Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:24:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: TOA Coin - your travel cryptocurrency  (Read 52627 times)
Mindin

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:30:58 AM

If you are looking for shortterm investment, TOA is definitly not the right coin for you. It doesnt promise innovation, so investors can not speculate. It never promised anything into that direction.

At the moment BTC is low and so people lose trust into crypto and move their investments to more trusted and bigger coins. smaller alts are all down at the moment.

If you invest into TOA, then its for the longrun. Real and sustainable business takes time to build. Many have wrong expectations of how businesses are built, because they only hear of the few overnight successes, specially in the fast living cryptoworld.

Instead of bashing this coin, you can just dump your holdings, take the loss and move on. No need to waste your time.
Be the change you want to see in this coin. You want a TOA webshop? Create one. You want TOA to become known? Post on your social media about it. And so on....

I dont see a point in your FUD....its not constructive nor does it help to improve your situation....

don't call every appraisal/evaluation FUD. there's a difference.

if the core team believes in the future of toa coin, this belief should translate to better price movements. but with price ever slipping, what does this translate to? to me, it appears like the team behind this no longer have the passion and the drive to market toa. like there's just one person doing everything and he's burned out.

if there's a team here, then it's time for them to rev up and show the community that they're passionate about their project and that they truly believe in it. if there really is a business, how is toa used there? how is toa spent there? how are they encouraged to purchase and hold? are there incentives other than staking? what sort of excitement are offered so interests are piqued? etc. news that will spark renewed interest in this coin.

telling us about bitcon price dropped, so alts' price dropped as well or alts took a beating because bitcoin price rose, is not an excuse for toa price to keep plummeting.

there's a real reason why toa price is dipping and it's not because of bitcoin.

Look guys. Scrypt in it's self is a problem as Asic's give you very erratic diffvariance. Also their "business" sounds nice as a concept, but is a gimmick. Price will keep going down and the coin will be abandoned in the end.

The fact that the people behind this has not been bothered to migrate to asic resistant algorithm, tells me it's a sinking ship.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Noojna

Activity: 687
Merit: 501

AVANTAGE - Blockchain Loyalty System

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 04:49:00 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2018, 05:06:27 AM by Noojna

Look guys. Scrypt in it's self is a problem as Asic's give you very erratic diffvariance. Also their "business" sounds nice as a concept, but is a gimmick. Price will keep going down and the coin will be abandoned in the end.

The fact that the people behind this has not been bothered to migrate to asic resistant algorithm, tells me it's a sinking ship.

Please do a bit of research, before posting FUD; some people could get worried without any reason.

TOA has scrypt algo built in only for testnet purposes and for generation of Genesis block (ya know, 1.5 years ago); in the real world, currently TOA is a 100% state-of-the-art POS3 coin. ASICS don't work with TOA: only thing that works is buying more to increase your staking.

If you think Scrypt is the reason behind TOA's recent price drop - look elsewhere.

I am disappointed TOA has been going down, just like everybody else. I do think, however, that they are doing all the right moves to become a true online value. TOA hodlers will be very happy, in the mid-term future (I just can't stand longterm investments, but that's just me).

███████████
  █████████████████████
                        ████████████████████████████                     
████             ███████████████        ███████████████             ███
  ███████       ███████████                              ██████████         ████
  ███████      ████████        ██████████████       ████████    ████████
   ██████    ████████        ██████████████████    ███████    ███████████
  ███████    ████████    ████████████████████  ████████  ██████████████
  ██████    ███████      ███████████            ██    ████████  ████████    █████
  ██████       ██████       ████████         ██████       ███████    ███████          █████
  ██████    ██████    ████████    ███████████████████  ████████  ███    █████
  ██████    ███████  ███████      ██████████████████    ████████  █████    █████
  ██████    ██████    ██████    ████████████████████    ██████     ██████    █████
  █████    ███████   ██████      ███████            ████████  ██████    ███████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████  ███████  ███████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████  ███████  ███████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ████
██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
  █████    ███████  ██████       ██████               ███████  ██████       █████    █████
  ██████    ██████    ██████   ████████████████████   ██████    ██████    █████
  ██████    █████    ███████   ███████████████████   ██████       ██████    █████
███████    ██    ████████  ███████████████████      ███████   ██████    █████
  ██████          ███████    ████████  ████████      █████████    ███████    █████
███████    ████████   ███████                      ██████████      ███████    █████
  ██████████████      ███████  ████████████████████      ███████    ██████
  ████████████  █████████  ███████████████████      ████████    ██████
  ██████████  ████████     ████████████████         █████████    ██████
  ███████      ██████████                ██                ██████████      ██████
  █████           ██████████████            ██████████████           ████
  ███                   ██████████████████████████████                   █
  ███████████████████████
  ███████████████
🔥 🔥»📝 BTC 💬
archeafae

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:51:04 AM

Please do a bit of research, before posting FUD; some people could get worried without any reason.

TOA has scrypt algo built in only for testnet purposes and for generation of Genesis block (ya know, 1.5 years ago); in the real world, currently TOA is a 100% state-of-the-art POS3 coin. ASICS don't work with TOA: only thing that works is buying more to increase your staking.

If you think Scrypt is the reason behind TOA's recent price drop - look elsewhere.

I am disappointed TOA has been going down, just like everybody else. I do think, however, that they are doing all the right moves to become a true online value. TOA hodlers will be very happy, in the mid-term future (I just can't stand longterm investments, but that's just me).

Include me on the mid-term Investment of 6 months - 2 years but not 5 years as a lot can change in 5 years time. The technology varies as years go by and 5 year planning are unlikely to come true.
accesovip

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:54:44 AM

Here's the June 8 Bootstrap for TOA

MAC:
https://mega.nz/#!IF4m1JKL!d1kA1u12XbrQEmLSJ8gk0AYzZT5sAslfXB11M4FDjnU

Windows:
https://mega.nz/#!UBJhUS4D!TO2LGTIGqc_0NHmii82oYBKdOB8qTx8CqNUdS2GTy5o

I have a couple of questions regarding this.

First, I restarted my wallet 3-4 days ago and since then it has been staking daily like 10 times less that it used to. It may be because I hadn't updated the bootstrap?

Second, I have followed the steps to add the updated bootstrap but not sure if I have done it correctly. There were 3 archives when extracting the file. I copied them inside TOA folder overwriting the archives that had the same name. Is that correct?

Thanks
archeafae

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:42:22 PM

MAC:

Windows:

First, I restarted my wallet 3-4 days ago and since then it has been staking daily like 10 times less that it used to. It may be because I hadn't updated the bootstrap?

Second, I have followed the steps to add the updated bootstrap but not sure if I have done it correctly. There were 3 archives when extracting the file. I copied them inside TOA folder overwriting the archives that had the same name. Is that correct?

Thanks

If you're connected before they released the bootstrap, there's no need to use it. It is only advisable for those who haven't synced for a long time or just about to install a completely new wallet.
Noojna

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 06:10:23 PM

MAC:

Windows:

Thanks!

Can you please post these on the OP of this official thread, as well as on the TOA website, so people in need will find them easily.

Also, not sure if this will affect more people, but latest Windows Security update has decided to Quarantine my TOA-qt.exe wallet, and I had to add it to exclusions to keep it running; just thought I would mention it in case this happens to someone else.

███████████
  █████████████████████
  ██████       ██████       ████████         ██████       ███████    ███████          █████
  ██████    ██████    ██████    ████████████████████    ██████     ██████    █████
  █████    ███████   ██████      ███████            ████████  ██████    ███████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████  ███████  ███████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████  ███████  ███████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ████
  █████    ███████  ██████       ██████               ███████  ██████       █████    █████
  ██████          ███████    ████████  ████████      █████████    ███████    █████
███████    ████████   ███████                      ██████████      ███████    █████
  ███████████████████████
  ███████████████
🔥 🔥»📝 BTC 💬
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:58:33 PM

The mobile app is having an instant transfer if I send it to another person with web wallet account but it takes a minute if it is being sent to coinomi or exchange. Any explanation why?

If you transferred from and to your toacoin.net (web or mobile), what it does is it credits/debits both the receiver/sender right away (if their balance permits of course) then the blockchain transfer follows next to allow payment made via TOA using the mobile app instant.

Makes sense. Why didn't you just create a faster blockchain so you don't have to do this while it will also affect all the users regardless of what platform they use?

You do know that block time is something that you cannot just simply adjust in the middle of the project right? Too fast makes a lot of orphaned blocks as well. Bitcoin has 10 minutes, Litecoin has around 2.5 mins so I guess TOA's and other altcoins having 1 minute block time is not too bad. They made a solution anyway for real time usage and for me that says a lot to them as they're working on making crypto easily usable by the public.

David1986

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:16:47 AM

A good trade scheme by suggesting a diversity of comfort, convenience, conveniences and under expenses than other interchanges will produce a difficult competition in the stock exchanges for crypto players!
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:53:53 AM

A good trade scheme by suggesting a diversity of comfort, convenience, conveniences and under expenses than other interchanges will produce a difficult competition in the stock exchanges for crypto players!

Cmon man, don't spam here for the sake of your activity.

brafgnik

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:12:49 AM

It is a crypto interchange is rather interesting.
TOA Coin (OP)

Activity: 589

www.toacoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 05:28:10 AM

MAC:

Windows:

Thanks!

Can you please post these on the OP of this official thread, as well as on the TOA website, so people in need will find them easily.

Also, not sure if this will affect more people, but latest Windows Security update has decided to Quarantine my TOA-qt.exe wallet, and I had to add it to exclusions to keep it running; just thought I would mention it in case this happens to someone else.

Noted on this, we'll put the bootstrap in the website. Thanks

deeryemeles

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:31:08 AM

What are we going to expect to be coming along within the next few weeks? Is the booking website on time for a 2nd quarter completion?
Angel Di

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

EVOS

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:49:17 AM

Generally I say pretty interesting, you give a rating. Why such confidence in the competitiveness of other exchanges? After all, to make any certain conclusions need time. By the way, who has tested the mobile app, what assessment can you give?
accesovip

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:35:46 PM

MAC:

Windows:

Thanks

If you're connected before they released the bootstrap, there's no need to use it. It is only advisable for those who haven't synced for a long time or just about to install a completely new wallet.

Thanks for explaining.

I had already installed the new bootstrap, however i'm staking far less that i'm used to. I remember this happened also like a months ago and it was because some changes made by the admin, having some of their addresses staking (not sure if that was the exact reason), so i'm asking if has anything changed again in the last few days? I'm staking like 10 times less than i was used to.

Thank you
TOA Coin (OP)

www.toacoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 01:27:05 PM

MAC:

Windows:

Thanks

Thanks for explaining.

I had already installed the new bootstrap, however i'm staking far less that i'm used to. I remember this happened also like a months ago and it was because some changes made by the admin, having some of their addresses staking (not sure if that was the exact reason), so i'm asking if has anything changed again in the last few days? I'm staking like 10 times less than i was used to.

Thank you

You can monitor the big wallets from here:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/toa/#!rich

Which is the top 2 on the rich list. They've been off for quite some time already. Its probable that there are more users staking nowadays so your percent of the pie is getting smaller as well.

Shkil.oksana

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:34:41 PM

Keep going on, guys! I definitely likelikelike that project and idea Smiley Looking forward to using it during trips Wink
accesovip

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:02:53 PM

MAC:

Windows:

Thanks

Thanks for explaining.

Thank you

Which is the top 2 on the rich list. They've been off for quite some time already. Its probable that there are more users staking nowadays so your percent of the pie is getting smaller as well.

Thanks for the link. I can understand that the more users staking the less percent I get, but has the users staking increased 10 times from one day to another?

If not there must be other reason, is there anything else that can affect the number of daily rewards i get?

Thanks
Noojna

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 05:17:15 PM

Thanks

Thanks for explaining.

Thank you

Thanks for the link. I can understand that the more users staking the less percent I get, but has the users staking increased 10 times from one day to another?

If not there must be other reason, is there anything else that can affect the number of daily rewards i get?

Thanks

I have seen staking rewards go up or down in TOA's history; recently it has been really good for one month, then it abruptly went down last week. Many factors explain this; but still, if you calculate the current lower reward level, you won't see such high percentages with many coins - and keep in mind that globally TOA is a 2% inflation coin.

███████████
  █████████████████████
  ███████████████████████
  ███████████████
🔥 🔥»📝 BTC 💬
TOA Coin (OP)

www.toacoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 07:20:07 AM

Thanks

I have seen staking rewards go up or down in TOA's history; recently it has been really good for one month, then it abruptly went down last week. Many factors explain this; but still, if you calculate the current lower reward level, you won't see such high percentages with many coins - and keep in mind that globally TOA is a 2% inflation coin.

Just the number of users staking. What I noticed is the % of users (coins) staking went up just a bit from around 20% to 23% recently (https://chainz.cryptoid.info/toa/#!extraction). So there could be a reduction of staking but it's not supposed to be divided by tens. But let's see as days go by.

bungphe

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:25:49 AM

Waiting for more information about airdrop
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: