Bitcoin Forum
September 23, 2024, 09:48:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will new Bitcoin purchases see competition from Litecoin affordability?  (Read 1256 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 03:58:03 PM

litecoin doesn't make sense as a threat for bitcoin, litecoin has been here from many years and never was a threat, the real threat is ETH, which is the only one that in the future can do well against bitcoin
South Park

Activity: 3024
Merit: 807

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:17:10 PM

Litecoin is interesting right now. It has activated Segwit and its creator Charlie Lee who has worked at Coinbase for years has quit to concentrate on Litecoin.  I see lightning network and RSK being implemented in the near future. They don't have the political bullshit that bitcoin has right now and are free to innovate. Bitcoin is like a digital gold, its a store of value. Still cheaper to send cross boarders than gold. Litecoin right now has the advantage of a low cost medium of exchange. I would say it makes a great digital currency but I don't think it will ever takeover market cap in the crypto space.
Well, the best thing about litecoin is that it does not need to take over bitcoin in market cap, if it did it will become like bitcoin with all the political issues and that stuff, litecoin just needs to be there and keep being useful and that will be enough for litecoin not only to survive but to thrive in the ruthless market competition of crypto currencies.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: