Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:38:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HEAT Discussion and Technical info  (Read 61343 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
c4s7or

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:38:58 AM

I hope so. Too much losses till now Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaxx88

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:53:26 AM

Where can I find the minimum amount for forging? Whitepaper says 1 HEAT. I have 2 and forging does not happen.
Crapsy

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 08:51:44 AM

Where can I find the minimum amount for forging? Whitepaper says 1 HEAT. I have 2 and forging does not happen.

1000 HEAT has been thought of the minimum. It also has to have 1440 transactions (confirmations) so no newly assigned wallets can start forging right away.
lahje

Activity: 97
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:00:25 AM

i see balance leasing is available. Any forging pools yet?  Cool Cool

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Crapsy

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 09:08:10 AM

i see balance leasing is available. Any forging pools yet?  Cool Cool

Balance leasing is functional after the hardfork at block 777.777. No pool has yet been announced. I could make private contracts with a couple individuals. I think I can guarantee a 3.5% monthly ROI.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:11:27 AM

Is there a way to sign a lease TX offline indefinitely (offline computer) the somehow broadcasting that instead of specifying amounts of blocks? If i need to, what is the max block number?

Max is 300,000 blocks. But after one block you can issue a next lease which can again be 300,000 blocks and starts the moment the first lease ends.
With heat-sdk you can create the lease transaction offline, sign it and broadcast it. (but this is through code, just a few lines of javascript, that you could run locally in your browser)
Through heat wallet you can do the same by opening the Lease Balance dialog.

Can you give me the steps to do this?

Can you provide the steps to do this?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 02:50:28 PM

Balance leasing isn't functional until block 777777
https://heatwallet.com/#/explorer

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:15:46 PM

This Japanese startup accelerator may be of interest to Heat:

https://www.coindesk.com/city-tokyo-announces-blockchain-startup-accelerator/

"The government of Tokyo is organizing a new blockchain-focused startup, which is set to officially start in January.

Tokyo Metropolitan Government is working with Japanese think tank Nomura Research Institute (NRI) on the "Blockchain Business Camp Tokyo," the third iteration of a series of accelerator programs that have focused on emerging technologies. The accelerator program is seeking companies based outside of Japan that are focused on applications in areas like supply chain, Internet of Things and capital markets infrastructure, among others.

The application period for the accelerator will last until Nov. 24, officials announced late last week. Five companies are expected to join, and those selected will be notified sometime in December ahead of the program's commencement the following month. The accelerator will last until March, according to statements."

That's just an excerpt from the article but I think it would be worth looking at.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:19:04 AM

Balance leasing isn't functional until block 777777
https://heatwallet.com/#/explorer

Sorry i should have been more clear. Yes i understand that it wont work until 777777 but how do you do the following:

create the lease transaction offline, sign it and broadcast it.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

Loco Motive

Activity: 251

🌟

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:35:00 AM

A small technical problem: i've been trying to access the website to download the wallet, but it's been down for the last couple of days. Do you have an alternative link?

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  Pre-Sale is now Live,
         with a 39% bonus!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
Crapsy

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 09:53:00 AM

A small technical problem: i've been trying to access the website to download the wallet, but it's been down for the last couple of days. Do you have an alternative link?

The web wallet had some downtime twice within the last couple of days. Now it should be okey? I just tried it and managed to login.
Loco Motive

Activity: 251

🌟

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:21:42 AM

The web wallet had some downtime twice within the last couple of days. Now it should be okey? I just tried it and managed to login.

I'd like to use the desktop version since i'm interested in staking. There should be a windows .exe version on the github but i'm not very good at navigating it.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  Pre-Sale is now Live,
         with a 39% bonus!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
paunero

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:53:53 AM

The Heat price is down and down , there is some people that does´t rely in heat.

I think HEAT would it be down, but I think it would be a great project so I am investing some BTC for now.
If there is anyone that want to sell large quantity of HEAT, you can contact with me by heat email or by the forum.

Regards
GTTIGER

Activity: 527

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:36:29 AM

Question, I know that there are coin on the heat exchange which are handled by third parties (Not trusted). Will you guys be implementing some type of feature to make trusting these third parties easier? For example, the party must hold a reserve in btc? I am sure that there are better ways, I would just like to see that happen because this platform can really take off if listing coins was easier. Actually, it might even see a higher user growth than exchange because each third party is incentivized to get people to use heat. Also, then comes the name issue. What happens when two third parties want to add the same coin to the heat exchange?

Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 09:56:47 AM

Question, I know that there are coin on the heat exchange which are handled by third parties (Not trusted). Will you guys be implementing some type of feature to make trusting these third parties easier?
We already have the certification mechanism, which currently has very strict criteria of including company controlled assets only.
The certification mechanism however allows many levels of certification, 3rd party certification etc. so anyone could by now have started his own certification service and use any criteria for validation he sees fit.
The company may pursue this route later on. Currently we can't touch this as any validation and monitoring 3rd parties is resource intensive and a diversion from the decentralized tech of HEAT that takes all our focus.

Actually, it might even see a higher user growth than exchange because each third party is incentivized to get people to use heat.
Good that you see the business logic, few do.
What happens when two third parties want to add the same coin to the heat exchange?
Names stored in the blockchain and shown by the Heatwallet user interface are unique, first come first served. Make your own UI and you can switch any asset name to anything you like Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

GTTIGER

Activity: 527

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:54:54 PM

Question, I know that there are coin on the heat exchange which are handled by third parties (Not trusted). Will you guys be implementing some type of feature to make trusting these third parties easier?
We already have the certification mechanism, which currently has very strict criteria of including company controlled assets only.
The certification mechanism however allows many levels of certification, 3rd party certification etc. so anyone could by now have started his own certification service and use any criteria for validation he sees fit.
The company may pursue this route later on. Currently we can't touch this as any validation and monitoring 3rd parties is resource intensive and a diversion from the decentralized tech of HEAT that takes all our focus.

Actually, it might even see a higher user growth than exchange because each third party is incentivized to get people to use heat.
Good that you see the business logic, few do.
What happens when two third parties want to add the same coin to the heat exchange?
Names stored in the blockchain and shown by the Heatwallet user interface are unique, first come first served. Make your own UI and you can switch any asset name to anything you like Smiley
Awesome response Cheesy
I understand the project a little more now. It's true growth will not be seen on the heat wallet, the true growth will be seen when people begin to use heat api. Very cool, I really appreciate all the work you guys are doing. This is why you guys are so focused on the tech - if you build it they will come haha. Thanks for a great explanation!

Littledragons

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:55:24 PM

I am not sure why I didn't think to look into this further!
Wonderful to see the reality of decentralization coming forward in reality!

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
overdozedCEO

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:11:14 AM

is there a wallet for mac or only win and linux? staking only possible with local wallet i guess, not the web version?

OrgiOrg

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:12:14 AM

Lease you HEAT to:  9634482525377050118

Just 1% fee for keeping server online and manage funds

To claim your earnings, simply send a message via HEAT wallet to the pool account 9634482525377050118 and after this message has 1440 comfirmations, your confirmed earnings will be sent to you, minus 1% management fee + heat standard fee.

Happy Earnings!
scaryvirus

Activity: 570

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:17:01 PM

Why do you need a message?

Any clarity on how leasing works?

Is reward going to the one leasing their balance to someone else automatically?

Do they need party B's permission to lease their balance to party B?

Or do I just pick random staker and throw my lease that way?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: