Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:02:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So do you still support BU?  (Read 2048 times)
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:08:35 AM

miner using asicboost or planning to, see SegWit like a lost of $100M earning / year.. Enought to pay a lot of propaganda trying to fork BTC otherwise than with SegWit..
IMHO, SegWit is the way to go for now, BU is incentived by a lot of propaganda, motivated by prifit over BTC survival.
I bet in each thread where those subject are written about, there is at least few paid user/troll to demonize SegWit and promote BU.
Do you know about moderators and cencorship here and in reddit ?  <-- this may make my post disapear

Moderators seem to be taking a neutral viewpoint in this forum subsection.

Don't forget, there is propaganda going on in both sides. Core -> Blockstream -> DCG -> +funding from financial sector actors means the core propaganda machine is well funded. DCG owns some bitcoin new sites. So what you have said, the reverse could also be claimed. According to Forbes, one of DCG's investors is Mastercard. Why? Is it not a well known corporate tactic to buy out the competition and shut it down? Are they wanting to take a stake in BTC's success, or would they be happy to see it destroyed? I don't know what Mastercard's true intentions are.

Mining is now an industrial activity. These people tend to plan over long life cycles, so are incentivised by long term gains, not short term profits. It takes a long time to design, manufacture and deploy the next generation ASIC.

In the end, read the BTC white paper and decide whether you agree with its vision or not. If not, create an altcoin - it will be more successful than BTC if it is a better vision. You have to consider who is trying to change BTC's original design, and what tactics are being used to attempt to do this.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:09:06 AM

I do not like bu coin for any reason!
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:21:44 AM

I don't support bitcoin unlimited because i think it will be like the ethereum classic which will stay down below the market and the king will still be the bitcoin and i think even though BU attracts some people it is not enough to defeat the huge bitcoin community because it will take time for them to do that and gather enough people to dominate the market.
fkod

Activity: 594
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:26:41 AM

Bitcoin Unlimited or Bitcoin SegWit etc. They are all nothing but a transition process. I mean, both of them not final anything for bitcoin.

More radical solutions are needed for the long term.
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:55:05 AM

This proves again that the real motive is always money. The pools started supporting BU because they hoped to gain more cash from it. They didn't do it to support the network or to make it easier for everyone to use Bitcoin, and as Roger Ver proved by not taking the bet, they don't believe in what they're preaching. It's just a means to get richer.
Actual life is motivated by money. Everyone wants to have lots of money and want to make money in any way. Over time the currency may change, the former is now the money is money and then we earn money by bitcoin.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:33:13 AM

Do I _support_ BU? Hmm... I don't so much _support_ BU, but I do _run_ BU. As far as I know, BU is the only somewhat mainstream choice of client that allows for maxblocksize to be a changing quantity subject to majority acclamation.

Well, yeah - wait - on the basis of that criteria, I damn double do support BU.

We all know it has had some implementation challenges - no need to pussyfoot around that. But the overall goals of BU are Bitcoin as I -- and, as I think Satoshi -- envisioned it.

Bitcoin needs to get out from under the forces trying to suffocate it with a pillow in its crib. Today, BU the the clear solution. There are others in development that fulfill the same vision. Bitcoin will in the end be liberated.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: