Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:44:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC mining maintenance and general advices  (Read 652 times)
woogod (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:06:29 AM

Hi Forum,

I am a miner that has been previously mining BTC with GPUs in the past and have been mining alts with GPUs recently again.
However, I have been given the opportunity to expand my mining ops in China into our family factory and would like to dip my toes into the world of ASIC mining.
So I'd like to ask a few questions and general advice before I dive in, any advice, guidance and pointers would be greatly appreciated!

For a bit of context / detail I am studying abroad and am planning to open a set up a few ASIC chips in a small area allowed in the factory of our family business in China.
I am allowed approximately 10~20 ASIC chips, up to 20~30kwh approximately and I am planning to get first 5 L3+ units and 5 S9s.

For this scale how much maintenance would be required after they have been set up and deployed?
Are there any physical tending that must be done regularly? If so, how frequently?
Do you think its realistically possible for me to manage it remotely, I can get some factory employees to complete simple tasks like turning on and off machines.

I would also really appreciate any good beginner's read into setting up ASIC miners, any good blogs or threads I should follow etc...

Thanks in advance  Smiley

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 03:09:35 AM

It's not much maintenance for an operation the size you're talking about.
Factory workers could do the work, unless it's network related issues like the initial setup.

I'm not sure about the 20-30 kWh part, you might have used the wrong units to describe what you were talking about.
woogod (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:42:19 AM

I see,
I meant to say 20~30kw for the electricity usage I am allowed to use.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:06:21 PM

Hi Forum,

I am a miner that has been previously mining BTC with GPUs in the past and have been mining alts with GPUs recently again.
However, I have been given the opportunity to expand my mining ops in China into our family factory and would like to dip my toes into the world of ASIC mining.
So I'd like to ask a few questions and general advice before I dive in, any advice, guidance and pointers would be greatly appreciated!

For a bit of context / detail I am studying abroad and am planning to open a set up a few ASIC chips in a small area allowed in the factory of our family business in China.
I am allowed approximately 10~20 ASIC chips, up to 20~30kwh approximately and I am planning to get first 5 L3+ units and 5 S9s.

For this scale how much maintenance would be required after they have been set up and deployed?
Are there any physical tending that must be done regularly? If so, how frequently?
Do you think its realistically possible for me to manage it remotely, I can get some factory employees to complete simple tasks like turning on and off machines.

I would also really appreciate any good beginner's read into setting up ASIC miners, any good blogs or threads I should follow etc...

Thanks in advance  Smiley

maybee something wrong here....
according with bitmain specifications, the right compute is (S9 13TH/s batch)

( 800W  + (800 * 10 / 100) ) * 5 + (1274W + (1274 * 10 / 100)) * 5

=

11407W.. I think you will be OK with 12Kw/h

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
woogod (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:35:49 PM

Yes that would be the right calculation,
The range I gave was what I would be allowed to expand into.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: