Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:52:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTB] The BitBar Information Thread  (Read 180237 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Spidersbox
Legendary

Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 05:13:52 PM

ok - so I may have jumped too soon.

block counts at the time of this writing (8:44 am Pacific Coast Time):
CCE 141,380
Mastermining 141,266  -  their BTB pool is in maintenance - so the block count might not be updating
iSpace 141,316

we and our official block explorer - http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/ are the longest (and most stable in my opinion) chain.
I asked our dev, 5mil his thoughts on the fork, and which way Cryptsy was going to go, and thinks the CCE chain is winning.

Sorry about all this flip-flopping, I'm just getting tired of waiting, and wanted to be prepared to get back to mining on which ever chain!

For now, I've got my wallet open and staking, and I pointed 10 KHash of miners at Bitbar - on the CCE chain to help push it along.

Once Cryptsy gets their wallet out of maintenance, I think we should try and get some more pools interested in Bitbar, and see about getting added back to coinwarz.com
Possibly set something up for BTB donations to be used for bounty's and  such.
Maybe have Lukemarshall hold the funds, if he is willing?

Guess I better remove the link for the 'other chain' download, and make a new update for our CCE chain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 05:40:41 PM

I have 22 stake transactions, all for 0.0btb.

I am confused now, should I not leave my wallet running? ..and should I not put those IPs in my node list or what?

I get coins from mastermining when I mine there but I'm not mining BTB anymore until the shenanigans are over. I'm also waiting on transactions to show up from Cryptsy. Is it possible to have the both chains merge in the next wallet update?

Can't really merge the chains. If block 141,300 (for instance) of "ispace chain" doesn't match block 141,300 of "CCE chain" how do you figure out which miner gets the reward - and which one looses?
If it is a short fork, like a day or two, the pending confirmations would turn into orphans (520 confirmations on a mined block takes like - 4 days) but this current fork has gone on for over a month.

As for your wallet, the IP's you added are probably being ignored, so you can leave them if you want, but personally, I would remove them and stick to the IP addresses at http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/peerinfo
If your block count is in sync with CCE, feel free to leave your wallet open for staking
sulfurtank

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 10:03:07 PM

Woo Hoo downloaded your file and syncing nicely, in fact I got my mined coins too happy days, let's hope the exchanges sort themselves out so I can sell em 😀

Keep in mind we still don't know which chain is to end up as the 'official' chain.
 - just saying ...

Who cares? Its dead and has no life anymore. They have no where to cash out and that could be a good thing - they'll have to wait or help develop a goods & services market to take back their shady coins, instead of selling them now and crash the market.
lukemarshall

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 10:38:39 PM

http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/ is a sponsored block explorer that has been active since 2013. Part of the sponsorship includes a dedicated node that can be connected to @ btb.alcoin.net

I have connected to this node and am  accepting blocks through my wallet.

I have 22 stake transactions, all for 0.0btb.

I am confused now, should I not leave my wallet running? ..and should I not put those IPs in my node list or what?

I get coins from mastermining when I mine there but I'm not mining BTB anymore until the shenanigans are over. I'm also waiting on transactions to show up from Cryptsy. Is it possible to have the both chains merge in the next wallet update?

There is a minimum amount to stake to get rewards in the current code.
Your POS blocks are indeed moving the network along by confirming transactions but if they are small amount, they will not get a reward.

As we know Proof of Stake is a concept Bitbar adopted from peercoin, which gives the currency a variable inflation rate, but also an energy efficient property by allowing holders of the currency to generate blocks for much less energy required by miners. Apparently there was a block reward De-synchronization issue that was noticed and fixed in Bitbar by the Developer of peercoin, Sunny King. This is why currently small rewards are rounded down.
tbar
Rewards also depend on Coin age of transactions. Every transaction is eligible for POS after 30 days, and up to 90 days. If a transaction is left untouched for 30 days, it will begin to try and stake a block on the network. If it stakes at this point, the transaction will split into two smaller equal outputs totaling the initial stake amount.

Take a look on the block explorer here http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/address?address=BJTuq5JSLzRbZyw8xurtYejt5Q4cur8rcq

Notice the transactions that "split" into 9.475BTB from 18.9. They staked after 30ish days and gained a total reward of 0.05 bitbar, very close to the annual .05% inflation rate in the bitbar code.

If one were to not touch the transaction for 90days, it would be considered fully Mature and when it stakes, it would not split into two transactions, and the reward, if eligible, would be added to the original transaction.

Once the transaction is older than 90 days it does gain extra coin age, the the proof of stake reward will not grow past the 90 day full maturity level.

I want to say 4-5BTB would be required at full maturity to stake interest at this time.

Proof of stake difficulty is so low on the network that mined blocks Les than 1btb are staking very easily.

If you want rewards, you will have to combine your mined blocks into a large enough transaction meeting the criteria above to gain reward.
Hope this helps,

Its all about what the people want...
lukemarshall

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 10:53:56 PM

I am in contact with Mastermining and he is awair of the multi chain issue. He can sync his pool back to CCE if its determined to be a valid chain.

But first Cryptsy needs to get their wallet synced and up to date. If 5mil is affiliated with cryptsy, I would hope he can work thus issue out and get us back up and running on the exchange.

Woo Hoo downloaded your file and syncing nicely, in fact I got my mined coins too happy days, let's hope the exchanges sort themselves out so I can sell em 😀

Keep in mind we still don't know which chain is to end up as the 'official' chain.
 - just saying ...

Who cares? Its dead and has no life anymore. They have no where to cash out and that could be a good thing - they'll have to wait or help develop a goods & services market to take back their shady coins, instead of selling them now and crash the market.

I noticed ispace.co shows they are mining blocks to a
Wallet Version: v0.4.0-nvc-8-g30741b0-dirty-beta

That sounds kinda shady to me... just sayin

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:02:23 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2015, 11:27:55 PM by Spidersbox

I made a new zip of the CCE synced chain and it is available for download under the 'downloads' tab on Bitbar.co
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:06:07 PM

If you want rewards, you will have to combine your mined blocks into a large enough transaction meeting the criteria above to gain reward.
Hope this helps,

coin control is on my list of things to ask the dev teem for   Smiley

also, very useful info on staking - I'm sure it will find it's way into the 'FAQs' section on Bitbar.co
userpike

Activity: 247

Payment ecosystem for world shipping industry

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 11:25:49 PM

There is a minimum amount to stake to get rewards in the current code.
Your POS blocks are indeed moving the network along by confirming transactions but if they are small amount, they will not get a reward.

As we know Proof of Stake is a concept Bitbar adopted from peercoin, which gives the currency a variable inflation rate, but also an energy efficient property by allowing holders of the currency to generate blocks for much less energy required by miners. Apparently there was a block reward De-synchronization issue that was noticed and fixed in Bitbar by the Developer of peercoin, Sunny King. This is why currently small rewards are rounded down.
tbar
Rewards also depend on Coin age of transactions. Every transaction is eligible for POS after 30 days, and up to 90 days. If a transaction is left untouched for 30 days, it will begin to try and stake a block on the network. If it stakes at this point, the transaction will split into two smaller equal outputs totaling the initial stake amount.

Take a look on the block explorer here http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/address?address=BJTuq5JSLzRbZyw8xurtYejt5Q4cur8rcq

Notice the transactions that "split" into 9.475BTB from 18.9. They staked after 30ish days and gained a total reward of 0.05 bitbar, very close to the annual .05% inflation rate in the bitbar code.

If one were to not touch the transaction for 90days, it would be considered fully Mature and when it stakes, it would not split into two transactions, and the reward, if eligible, would be added to the original transaction.

Once the transaction is older than 90 days it does gain extra coin age, the the proof of stake reward will not grow past the 90 day full maturity level.

I want to say 4-5BTB would be required at full maturity to stake interest at this time.

Proof of stake difficulty is so low on the network that mined blocks Les than 1btb are staking very easily.

Hope this helps,

I have 49.7xxx BTB in the wallet. The largest transaction being 15.25xx BTB on 9.18.2015.(from Cryptsy) The rest are around 2 BTB or less each. (from mining @ masterming) So the 22 "stakes" for 0BTB and a total of 44 transactions. So I should send the total balance to myself so its one transaction and that should produce some BTB next time it stakes? Ofcourse, do this, after the fork is figured out.. right?

lukemarshall

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:29:42 PM

Hope this helps,

coin control is on my list of things to ask the dev teem for   Smiley

also, very useful info on staking - I'm sure it will find it's way into the 'FAQs' section on Bitbar.co

Feel free to use the info to update bitbar.co

I have learned this by reading posts, studying the blockchain, and some experimenting too.

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:31:03 PM

Note to all:
PLEASE don't send any BTB anywhere just yet.
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:33:43 PM

Feel free to use the info to update bitbar.co

I have learned this by reading posts, studying the blockchain, and some experimenting too.

Thank you, just did  Grin
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:44:13 PM

I have 49.7xxx BTB in the wallet. The largest transaction being 15.25xx BTB on 9.18.2015.(from Cryptsy) The rest are around 2 BTB or less each. (from mining @ masterming) So the 22 "stakes" for 0BTB and a total of 44 transactions. So I should send the total balance to myself so its one transaction and that should produce some BTB next time it stakes? Of course, do this, after the fork is figured out.. right?
Sounds right to me. I group together my Bottlecaps in 10k blocks - I heard it works best for caps.
I don't know what the best Bitbar block size would be for staking - I hope it's not 10k !!  Grin
lukemarshall

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:50:54 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2015, 12:16:09 AM by lukemarshall

I have 49.7xxx BTB in the wallet. The largest transaction being 15.25xx BTB on 9.18.2015.(from Cryptsy) The rest are around 2 BTB or less each. (from mining @ masterming) So the 22 "stakes" for 0BTB and a total of 44 transactions. So I should send the total balance to myself so its one transaction and that should produce some BTB next time it stakes? Ofcourse, do this, after the fork is figured out.. right?

This is correct.

You will incur a transaction fee sending yourself the full amount, the fee varying depending on the size, but probably between 0.001 & 0.004 destroyed.

Remember Bitbar is an inflationary/deflationary currency, having tx fees destroyed along with POSrewards gained.

When you send yourself 49.7btb, after 30 days the block will want to stake into to two transactions equaling  theoriginal total + 5% annual interest.  

Would look like  49.7 -> 24.95
                                      -> 24.95  based on 30 day value, a gain of 0.20 btb respectivly, 0.10 per tx.

If you waited the full three months it would look like

If you waited any length of time afterward, say one year later, it would still look like

49.7  -> 50.32125 because after 90days the POS reward does not continue to grow

lukemarshall

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 12:00:22 AM

I have 49.7xxx BTB in the wallet. The largest transaction being 15.25xx BTB on 9.18.2015.(from Cryptsy) The rest are around 2 BTB or less each. (from mining @ masterming) So the 22 "stakes" for 0BTB and a total of 44 transactions. So I should send the total balance to myself so its one transaction and that should produce some BTB next time it stakes? Of course, do this, after the fork is figured out.. right?
Sounds right to me. I group together my Bottlecaps in 10k blocks - I heard it works best for caps.
I don't know what the best Bitbar block size would be for staking - I hope it's not 10k !!  Grin

The example I gave above shows a block size close to 10BTB will produce interest after 1 month.

We could speculate that a tx worth 3.33BTB might also skate interest after a 3 month period, but would need to experiment to find out.

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 12:10:29 AM

The example I gave above shows a block size close to 10BTB will produce interest after 1 month.

We could speculate that a tx worth 3.33BTB might also skate interest after a 3 month period, but would need to experiment to find out.

So block size isn't that important as long as the output is above the .00999999 cut off/rounding  - at the current difficulty. humm..

Difficulty IS going to increase, which means larger than a 4-5 btb block size will be needed. hummm....
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 12:14:59 AM

how can we get the OP updated? user rbdrbd hasn't be on bct for a while, maybe ask mprep ??
maybe  mprep could add one of us as moderator.

(I'm glad there is an edit button)
lukemarshall

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 12:47:59 AM

So block size isn't that important as long as the output is above the .00999999 cut off/rounding  - at the current difficulty. humm..

Difficulty IS going to increase, which means larger than a 4-5 btb block size will be needed. hummm....

Its the reward that has to exceed 0.0099xx in order to be added to the output.

POS Difficulty is less than 0 right now, so low tx are creating blocks with no/rounded down to 0 rewards.

I mentioned varying 5% interest rate in an earlier post meaning as POS difficulty rises, that minimum transaction block that would generate a reward @ full maturity (90 days) may not immediately stake a block and reward having to compete with other stakeholders and an increasing difficulty.

It may indeed take another day, week, month ect. of being open and ready to stake before the block is produced if difficulty dictates, and thus interest would diminish according on the extra time beyond full maturity. (90 days)

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:04:46 AM

Its the reward that has to exceed 0.0099xx in order to be added to the output.

POS Difficulty is less than 0 right now, so low tx are creating blocks with no/rounded down to 0 rewards.

I mentioned varying 5% interest rate in an earlier post meaning as POS difficulty rises, that minimum transaction block that would generate a reward @ full maturity (90 days) may not immediately stake a block and reward having to compete with other stakeholders and an increasing difficulty.

It may indeed take another day, week, month ect. of being open and ready to stake before the block is produced if difficulty dictates, and thus interest would diminish according on the extra time beyond full maturity. (90 days)

I was thinking that the increased pos difficulty would yield a smaller reward, so if the staked block was to small, the reward would fall below the rounding cutoff, but that doesn't make sense now that I typed it. I will have to think about this, to see what I was thinking...
Dkmc1972

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 12:02:24 AM

So am I right in thinking there are 2 blockchains at the minute? It's seems so I have 2 wallets running (not at the same time have to close one to run the other) one wallet shows my coins in the wallet but not syncing, and the other saying my coins are unconfirmed but the the wallet is synced and upto date??? 😁😁😁 hope it gets resolved soon..... 👍🏻
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:33:59 AM

So am I right in thinking there are 2 blockchains at the minute? It's seems so I have 2 wallets running (not at the same time have to close one to run the other) one wallet shows my coins in the wallet but not syncing, and the other saying my coins are unconfirmed but the the wallet is synced and upto date??? 😁😁😁 hope it gets resolved soon..... 👍🏻
Yes, the block chain forked around the first of October.
Cryptsy and ispace have been on a different fork then the one on our block explorer http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/
Our dev, 5mil said cryptsy should be getting close to a resolution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: