Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:23:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTB] The BitBar Information Thread  (Read 180237 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Spidersbox
Legendary

Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 12:43:01 AM

I think your web server has been compromised. ..Got some wak s**t happening at both LTB and BTB official sites. They are trying to make me DL a dvd player or some crap.

I'm not seeing it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
userpike

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

Payment ecosystem for world shipping industry

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 03:00:45 AM

I think your web server has been compromised. ..Got some wak s**t happening at both LTB and BTB official sites. They are trying to make me DL a dvd player or some crap.

I'm not seeing it.

I'm serious. Something is wrong. I was at my mother's house today visting my uncle and went to show him Bitbar.co it went to the address BUT it wanted me to activate an active x and then tried to dl a dvr client player onto his computer. i checked the site with my mother's computer/ but same network and same thing. When I got home I checked both the ltb site and btb and they are both still all weird. THe background that shows up is blue with a white box and an icon in the middle. Under the icon it says "The server closed the connection without sending any data" Also, on the tab for the web page it says "Web Client for DVR" In the address bar it still says "bitbar.co" This explanation is the same for litebar.co. I have tried other sites and all other sites that I have tried go to where they are supposed to go so I don't think it is on my end or my mother's end or my uncles all at the same time. Just tried it on my gf's computer and same results.

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 03:35:06 AM

I'm not seeing it.

I'm serious. Something is wrong. I was at my mother's house today visting my uncle and went to show him Bitbar.co it went to the address BUT it wanted me to activate an active x and then tried to dl a dvr client player onto his computer. i checked the site with my mother's computer/ but same network and same thing. When I got home I checked both the ltb site and btb and they are both still all weird. THe background that shows up is blue with a white box and an icon in the middle. Under the icon it says "The server closed the connection without sending any data" Also, on the tab for the web page it says "Web Client for DVR" In the address bar it still says "bitbar.co" This explanation is the same for litebar.co. I have tried other sites and all other sites that I have tried go to where they are supposed to go so I don't think it is on my end or my mother's end or my uncles all at the same time. Just tried it on my gf's computer and same results.
I do believe you, I do. I just can't duplicate the problem. I even installed chrome on my tablet to see what would happen.

Earlier today, I connected one of my security systems to my network. It's on a different IP address then my servers (of course) and should only be connecting via that one address. - It requires a dvr client plugin to show properly - that is why I believe you.
(strange that the favicon was correct)

I remoted in to my computer at work - and there it was, big blue screen

I double checked the network settings, everything look fine.
I unplugged my cameras.

It might take a while for the IP caches to time out, before you can get there.
Thanks for the heads-up.
userpike

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 04:36:51 AM

glad you figured out what it was and that it wasn't serious. WAIT.. So if I woulda DLed that dvr client I could have been watching your cams???   Shocked  Cheesy

I'll check the sites again later and report back what I see. right now they are "taking too long to respond" and "can't be reached".

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:02:26 AM

glad you figured out what it was and that it wasn't serious. WAIT.. So if I woulda DLed that dvr client I could have been watching your cams???   Shocked  Cheesy

I'll check the sites again later and report back what I see. right now they are "taking too long to respond" and "can't be reached".

It would have been kinda boring. 7 cameras around my house. Card drive by, some times somebody walking by. parked cars...
Neighbor did stab a person on the parking strip once, but that was a while ago.

Depending on how badly mangled the DNS records got, it could take 24-48 hours to get straightened out again.
Still would like to know what went wrong...
userpike

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 01:09:37 PM

It would have been kinda boring. 7 cameras around my house. Card drive by, some times somebody walking by. parked cars...

Depending on how badly mangled the DNS records got, it could take 24-48 hours to get straightened out again.

I would have been entertained. haha For a few minutes anyway.

I've always wanted to gain access to the street cams around where I live. might be illegal though..

I was wondering how what happened could have happened also but with not knowing the inner workings of your network, I could only speculate. Hope you figure it out.

The sites are still down at the moment.

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 02:29:19 PM

I would have been entertained. haha For a few minutes anyway.

I've always wanted to gain access to the street cams around where I live. might be illegal though..

I was wondering how what happened could have happened also but with not knowing the inner workings of your network, I could only speculate. Hope you figure it out.

The sites are still down at the moment.

Turns out my modems firewall was blocking access. I rebooted my modem and now it works.
Still don't know why a device with one static IP could connect on several other IP's.
userpike

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 02:13:18 PM

Turns out my modems firewall was blocking access. I rebooted my modem and now it works.
Still don't know why a device with one static IP could connect on several other IP's.

maybe there were already some exceptions for the IP address the cams were on in the firewall, like that IP was used in the past for connecting some other device to the internet or your local network? I notice sometime I get funny happenings on my network because I have a 4 port switch (I use for my mining hardware and wallet server) which is completely autonomous setup wired to the router and uses 192.168.1.x for its IPs but so does my main router out of my laziness. Sometimes some of the wireless devices as they connect to the main router will get one of those IPs already assigned to stuff connected to the 4 port switch or vice versa. This happens If conditions are "right", which i haven't figured out how to reproduce..I'm thinking I have to be rebooting the switch while something else connects wirelessly, IDK..

I haven't setup the router for MAC address filtering yet though. Which would probably take care of the problem but could prove to be a PITA if I forget I did that. Have you tried that yet?

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:57:27 PM

maybe there were already some exceptions for the IP address the cams were on in the firewall, like that IP was used in the past for connecting some other device to the internet or your local network? I notice sometime I get funny happenings on my network because I have a 4 port switch (I use for my mining hardware and wallet server) which is completely autonomous setup wired to the router and uses 192.168.1.x for its IPs but so does my main router out of my laziness. Sometimes some of the wireless devices as they connect to the main router will get one of those IPs already assigned to stuff connected to the 4 port switch or vice versa. This happens If conditions are "right", which i haven't figured out how to reproduce..I'm thinking I have to be rebooting the switch while something else connects wirelessly, IDK..

I haven't setup the router for MAC address filtering yet though. Which would probably take care of the problem but could prove to be a PITA if I forget I did that. Have you tried that yet?

no I haven't messed with mac address filtering. I have a block of 16 IP addresses, so it's pretty much 'plug and play'. set the device to a static IP, make sure the net mask is correct and boom. your done.
I'm blaming the dvr system.
I had a NAS do that once at work. Was fine for two years, then one day it showed up on 3 other IPs - you go to a sever, and instead of the server login, you get the NAS login. strange.
I suppose some record files in the router/modem could have go corrupt ie., port forwarding, or something.
All well, it's working now.
userpike

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 03:20:57 AM

Looks like the checkpoint server is working now also. The message isn't showing up anymore.

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 03:56:37 AM

Looks like the checkpoint server is working now also. The message isn't showing up anymore.
Nice.
Hopefully that will help with the forking forking problem!!
userpike

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 01:59:37 AM

looks like ispace is still using an old wallet that's on a wrong chain. current diff is at 17ish and ispace is showing a diff of 35

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:17:25 AM

looks like ispace is still using an old wallet that's on a wrong chain. current diff is at 17ish and ispace is showing a diff of 35
I don't know what to do about them. The people mining there won't be able to send their coins anywhere.
I've tried emailing, and maybe put in a ticket there - don't remember.

I think I posted in all the forums about the mandatory wallet update
I don't think they care.
userpike

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 03:27:14 AM

I don't know what to do about them. The people mining there won't be able to send their coins anywhere.

I don't think they care.

I'll bother ispace about it. They have a twitter account.

The people mining there will care eventually.. sux for them.

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 04:20:06 AM

I don't think they care.

It sucks all around. For the miners, the pool, and the hash that could have been on the right chain.
Thanks for (trying) to let them know.
userpike

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 05:02:29 AM

I don't think they care.

It sucks all around. For the miners, the pool, and the hash that could have been on the right chain.

I tweeted it to them and also found the contact email and sent one there. Can't hurt to remind them.

I don't get it about whoever is mining on that chain either. Not all of them are mining at ispace, so where are they? solo miners? where are other pools?

H2C is on the new wallet. Thats where most of the hashing is at right now for the correct chain. But there is more on that other chain, their diff is at 37 now.

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 05:20:03 AM

I don't think they care.

I tweeted it to them and also found the contact email and sent one there. Can't hurt to remind them.

I don't get it about whoever is mining on that chain either. Not all of them are mining at ispace, so where are they? solo miners? where are other pools?

H2C is on the new wallet. Thats where most of the hashing is at right now for the correct chain. But there is more on that other chain, their diff is at 37 now.
It's probably someone who rented a big rig. boy are they going to be pissed when they try to transfer to an exchange.

I have to admit that I don't keep up with the crypto I collect.  I can go several months without checking the threads to see if there is a new wallet, forks, new exchange ...
userpike

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 04:58:25 AM

I'm kinda paranoid with some coins and not so much with others.

FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 02:13:56 AM

Any idea how many BTB were lost at Cryptsy?

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 03:44:35 AM

Any idea how many BTB were lost at Cryptsy?
I lost almost 500
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: