Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:36:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency?  (Read 11951 times)
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:32:46 PM

If we look at the unique facts, then the coins are likely to beat the bitcoin at this time there are some that is Ripple, Ethereum and bitcoin cash. Ethereum has risen rapidly over the past year and we can see the data in coinmarketcap.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jaemouns

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:40:18 PM

Honestly when we have noticed specially the coinmarket cap,all altcoins were behind of bitcoins which is probably true.That's why i can say that no one can replace bitcoin because of it's highest value that dominant of all altcoins.And i know this is the reality that's why I'm very impressed of bitcoin,for how many years that no one of altcoins list can replaced for bitcoins value price.
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:59:37 PM

It is quite possible. And if I remember correctly, a couple of times Bitcoin came close to being replaced as the no.1 crypto-currency. I still remember how ETH threatened the dominant position of Bitcoin in mid-2017. Only a few billion USD in market cap separated Bitcoin from Ethereum then. But after that ETH lost value. And a few weeks back, something similar happened, this time between XRP and BTC.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:04:40 PM

If we look at the unique facts, then the coins are likely to beat the bitcoin at this time there are some that is Ripple, Ethereum and bitcoin cash. Ethereum has risen rapidly over the past year and we can see the data in coinmarketcap.

So yes it is possible that other coin will replace bitcoin.  But that would be not so soon considering that bitcoin price is far from other coins price.  And it is the most trusted and sought after digital currency.  But yes it is possible that it will be replaced by other coin in the future.
Assface16678

Activity: 1358
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:08:41 PM

The probability of this is very low to a uncertain to happen kind ot thing, because bitcoin is the very first crypto ever created into the dates back to 2009 and it's impossible to overrun bitcoin if you are the second crypto created and there's just so much people investing to bitcoin so it's very impossible.

NicG13

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:13:44 PM

Bitcoin won't remain king forever. The only question is when not if.
Red Fire

Activity: 189
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:16:15 PM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
I think right now there are new cryptos that people developing this time to replace bitcoin but I don't think that it can erase bitcoin in the market because people are used to bitcoin and they trust bitcoin other than altcoins out there so it might be hard for other altcoins to bring down bitcoins especially right now.
kevin go

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:51:05 PM

Many currencies changed their forms from time to time. Some currencies get replaced by new currencies over period of time. Bitcoin is the first digital currency introduced in 2009. Many altcoin also get introduced over a period of time following bitcoin`s footsteps. Bitcoin is a decentralized and most volatile currency, due to this it is difficult for countries to trace bitcoin users, and many countries are banning bitcoin currency for security reasons. In this situation Altcoins can be a good substitute for biotin currency. Ethereum is a quite popular cryptocurrency. It may overtake bitcoin currency in future.
Lora_ng15

Activity: 452
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 11:43:35 AM

I think that the etherium has already replaced bitcoin, not by price but by activity, it is used more often than bitcoin.

┈┈┈┈┈ WOWSECRET┈┈┈┈┈
● In WowSecret we trust ●
┈┈┈┈┈ https://www.wow-secret.com ┈┈┈┈┈
Metherry

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:07:22 PM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
bitcoin can be replaced by other because network can be busy fast.
some altcoins like Ripple and Ether can replace bitcoin easy.
bitcoin can keep it’s first place investment way.
mcguire1905

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:33:15 PM

Although Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency, it does not mean that it will be the ultimate “winner” when confronted with newer technology.

However some things in its favour are:

-bitcoin is the original digital asset which makes it valuable
-there is no leader and therefore no way to stop or change the rules on it
-Bitcoin can be upgraded, meaning that any functionality that has been proven on an altcoin can eventually be added to Bitcoin
-bitcoin is in space, meaning that anyone with a computer and satellite dish can participate in it- doesn't rely on internet
-it has the most developers contributing to bitcoin - 3 times more than the second largest cryptocurrency
-so far bitcoin has survived 9 years and continues to grow
syahdurindu

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:45:53 AM

I think it could be bitcoin replaced with other crypto currency, especially if other crypto currency is better than bitcoin. However, for now the prima donna in the crypto world is bitcoin, since bitcoin is the oldest crypto currency and invests heavily in bitcoin, but someday maybe people will switch to other crypto currencies if better than bitcoin.

sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:50:35 AM

Yes, Bitcoin has some disadvantages, but it is historically the first and best crypto currency. I do not think that another alternative coin will be able to replace Bitcoin. Although anything can happen and it is difficult to make any predictions.
Pikachushka101

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:01:19 AM

Slow transactions and high volatility are undermining his trust and people are already thinking that bitcoin is not that good. Who does not have it at once can buy cheaper alts and rejoice.
Lora_ng15

Activity: 452
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 12:11:17 PM

maybe the etherium will replace bitcoin, because it has a cheaper and faster transaction

┈┈┈┈┈ WOWSECRET┈┈┈┈┈
● In WowSecret we trust ●
┈┈┈┈┈ https://www.wow-secret.com ┈┈┈┈┈
Destnhel

Activity: 123

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:59:49 AM

I don't think that this is possible. Maybe, other crypto currency might arise. Things like BTC will be formed, but it will remain. I don't think, it's possible for it to be gone completely and be replaced. People will continue patronizing it since it's the first one that comes before those that follows.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:20:31 AM

I think that the only cryptocurrency that can overtake bitcoin now is ethereum because of how it is being couned as the smart cryptocurrency. Some users are being called to check this out over bitcoin of how you can program it to invest itself over and over again. As such I still think that only ethereum right now has the abiltiy and the following to overtake bitcoin when it comes to price value

Y U MAD AT ME
kamotharnn

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:17:55 PM

I think that the only cryptocurrency that can overtake bitcoin now is ethereum because of how it is being couned as the smart cryptocurrency. Some users are being called to check this out over bitcoin of how you can program it to invest itself over and over again. As such I still think that only ethereum right now has the abiltiy and the following to overtake bitcoin when it comes to price value
Every cryptocurrency has a chance to defeat Bitcoin and takes first place in the market. Etherium, Ripple, Digibyte, I believe in these coins can replace Bitcoin. These digital coin has given me a high profit than Bitcoin. They are cheaper than Bitcoin, that's why we easily to buy and invest. We have to know that Bitcoin won't be the best forever.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:11:51 AM

Right point of view. I do not think that for now any other crypto can do it. Ethereum has all chances to replace BTC one day.
warr1979

Activity: 564
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:51:27 PM

Every cryptocurrency has a chance to defeat Bitcoin and takes first place in the market. Etherium, Ripple, Digibyte, I believe in these coins can replace Bitcoin. These digital coin has given me a high profit than Bitcoin. They are cheaper than Bitcoin, that's why we easily to buy and invest. We have to know that Bitcoin won't be the best forever.
Ethereum: I will choose the technology behind this coin, at least, smart contract will be very important in the future, it like an upgrade version from blockchain 1.0 of Bitcoin.
Ripple and Digibyte: Both coins can provide a fast service for transfer money with cheapest fees, but not like Dogecoin and Digibyte, Ripple proves it like a centralized system because it doesn't need to have miner Smiley -> Dogecoin or Digibyte can be better for using, but the Ripple technology is better than the technology of Dogecoin (blockchain 1.0 - old) and Digibyte.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: