Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:34:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin blues  (Read 933 times)
jamesbo (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:41:28 PM

I am in no fashion a litecoin whale, with that said...

what the fuck is dash and monero or a couple other crapshoots doing that litecoin can or can not do, the prices are crazy, I have followed crypto for a tad , and do not feel like a newbie, but the prices of some coins are absolutely insane

ETH  0x5086ebdfba8aaf9843b1c5c68e1c260b6d356fce

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:24:42 PM

don't think too hard about what and why of altcoins behaviors, you won't find any logical answers ever.

- it is a small market
- it is greatly manipulated
- and has a lot of whales, like those who premined or are holding the pre ICO tokens.
- the market is full of newbies

with combination of all these, prices will act irrationally and wild.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
ethersphere

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 02:28:46 PM

don't think too hard about what and why of altcoins behaviors, you won't find any logical answers ever.

- it is a small market
- it is greatly manipulated
- and has a lot of whales, like those who premined or are holding the pre ICO tokens.
- the market is full of newbies

with combination of all these, prices will act irrationally and wild.

Would say that's what is happening to BitShares right now. Massive pump and dump. Lots of altcoins are being hyped up IMO.

ETHERSPHERE
⥬⥬⥬⥬⥬⥬⥬⥬⥬⥬⥬⥬ HIGH ROI SOCIAL ETHEREUM GAMES ⥪⥪⥪⥪⥪⥪⥪⥪⥪⥪⥪⥪
BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 02:54:39 PM

what the fuck is dash and monero or a couple other crapshoots doing that litecoin can or can not do, the prices are crazy, I have followed crypto for a tad , and do not feel like a newbie, but the prices of some coins are absolutely insane

Litecoin has been around for quite some time now, and its user base is either dormant or declining. Even the recent spike in the crypto market capitalization has failed to boost the LTC. I am afraid that the big whales who were supporting LTC earlier have shifted their loyalty to either ETH or XRP. Right now, LTC is devoid of any media spotlight and despite its obvious advantages such as faster confirmations, the user base is not expanding.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:07:26 PM

Litecoin has been around for quite some time now, and its user base is either dormant or declining. Even the recent spike in the crypto market capitalization has failed to boost the LTC. I am afraid that the big whales who were supporting LTC earlier have shifted their loyalty to either ETH or XRP. Right now, LTC is devoid of any media spotlight and despite its obvious advantages such as faster confirmations, the user base is not expanding.

That's odd the subreddit user base has increased by about 42 percent in the last couple months; but, you say the user base is not expanding. Additionally, the quantity of LTC news has grown substantially in the last few months.

I'll agree that Big Whales have more interest in pumping ETH right now. On the other hand XRP volume and price indicate they have moved on. Don't mistaken a pump by whales for loyalty though: they will dump and move on to another coin when it's to their advantage.

EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:08:03 PM

Would say that's what is happening to BitShares right now. Massive pump and dump. Lots of altcoins are being hyped up IMO.
I think so too.. I scroll through all the altcoin listings and I find that majority of the altcoins have experience a major increase (some even up to 1000%), altcoins with weird names you would never want to buy too. What is going on... I shall stay out of these coins and stick to the more familiar ones. Even LTC has started to rise up again, who would have known?  Huh

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ridery99

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:14:33 PM

The problem with Litecoin is that it's actually a usable currency and payment system, unlike those get rich fast new tech hype alts. That's why it's not pumping and dumping 1000% every month, but increasing steadily. That might keep newbie investors away.
dennyd999

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:14:49 PM

Charlie Lee has joined a fulltime  and leave his work at Coinbase.

Now when he will have a lot of time..the work of implementation lighting network , rsksmart will go faster.

Thats a good move! I bought some LTC too today.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/charlie-lee-ends-his-coinbase-career-to-focus-on-litecoin-development/
rmyg5907

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:09:22 AM

you can got some stable profit and few dangerous!
LTC is raise lower ,but it's few dangerous ,it had been 1000 cny even
like BTC or ETH all have a bigger bubble
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:29:05 AM

that is simply wrong. specially about XRP. obviously when an altcoin is getting pumped it will attract all the money in the market, so ETH is doing exactly that right now but XRP's pump has stopped long time ago and it has been on the fall so far.

also if what you say is true and people have left litecoin, whales leaving, user base decreasing price should have fell and continued going down. but if you take a look at the charts you can see it has been very stable for a long time. it went up high because of SW hype and came down to above 0.01BTC and it is sticking around there. that shows there is a buying demand for it still.

Only Bitcoin
MRlong

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:08:02 AM

Sure, I don't know the price of LTC why not raised up after Segwit? Although ETH, DASH, XMR, ZEC are moved all, the price of LTC only down down and down more! I hear Charlie Lee comeback to work and help LTC to the moon soon, hope that's right!
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:08:39 AM

Litecoin has had a meteoric rise from the beginning of the year. That's nothing to complain about. Sure, other coins will be in the limelight at times, but ultimately the utility and convenience of the coin will determine its future. There is a lot of market hype surrounding altcoins right now that will evaporate in time.
ridery99

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:07:20 AM

Litecoin has had a meteoric rise from the beginning of the year. That's nothing to complain about. Sure, other coins will be in the limelight at times, but ultimately the utility and convenience of the coin will determine its future. There is a lot of market hype surrounding altcoins right now that will evaporate in time.

Yes Ethereum and Litecoin will soon dump and money will go back to malfunctioning bitcoin.
Sumo

Activity: 1098

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:05:52 AM

Cliff High predicts LTC will moon toward the end of the month with an emotional level similar to eth. WE will see.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: