Bitcoin Forum
November 20, 2017, 09:54:56 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long  (Read 24338 times)
Sithara007

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:25:06 AM

The market cap of Bitcoin Cash has surged past $11 billion. Quite impressive for a crypto-currency, which was launched just 3 months back. 1 BCH coin is now worth almost 0.1 BTC. And the Core devs are refusing to do anything to resolve the scaling issues. This means that in the future there is a strong chance that BCH will replace BTC.

Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GreenBits

Activity: 910

I have no mouth and I must scream.

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:54:53 AM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

im absolutely in love with Ethereum, but i dont think it will surpass bitcoin in price. first off, if the prices start correcting that aggressively and dynamically, they are more likely to meet in the middle. you arent going to see bitcoin price stagnate long enough for eth for straight up outpace it; it will come down quite a bit as that capital flows out of bitcoin ans into eth. secondly, moreso than the price getting surpassed, I think we would see the volume getting surpassed. way easier feat to accomplish, and would make sense if the cause of the "shift" was organic, and not manufactured pump and dump bullshittery Wink

Snowier

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:40:36 AM

Its a really hard operate for Bitcoin is the number one at block chain cryptocurrency. And it is difficult to surpass  Bitcoin for the basis it built along its run. The Bitcoin investors, transactors, and employees which trust Bitcoin won't let Bitcoin fall for what its constructed but they will allow it to be able.
jonatuzc

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:22:48 PM

I don't believe the hype in any of these ICOs which are coming out and most are scams or likely scams in the long term. ICOs are just out to make their quick money and then bail on the project.
For this the bitcoin is best because all the people will have the bitcoin investment and I hope it will buy the more bitcoin for the people so this will be the best time for the people to increase the profit and the money for the people who are holding the bitcoin for the long time and they will get the profit I hope this will make the bitcoin more high and a lot of the people will buy the bitcoin all the capital they have.

Bonpay
Global Blockchain Solution for Financial Freedom
Initial Token Sale ■■■ Whitepaper ■■■ Official thread ■■■ Slack
Bonpay Wallet & Сard - reliable bridge between crypto and fiat world
■■■ Always stay one step ahead ■■■
irpunfpp

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:29:48 PM

Yes, forks are important, but forks may be a turning point. I think bitcoin now exists too big bubble, we should pay attention to the risk. Especially after the candy, there may be people
rohqit

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:50:10 PM

Yes, forks are important, but forks may be a turning point. I think bitcoin now exists too big bubble, we should pay attention to the risk. Especially after the candy, there may be people

Completely agree. Reminds me of the operating system wars. Windows like bitcoin being inferior yet survived and maintained dominace through manipulation, hype and a rabid fanbase, resulting in decades of stagnation and forced mainstream adoption. Bitcoin may yet survive but not because it is better but because of what this site and many others like it are doing by basically being a marketing platform for it and ultimately... pushing this pig up the hill.
Janation

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:54:03 PM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

You have a point but the thing here is, bitcoin is the first crypto currency in the making, not only that but also because it has the highest price of them all. There is no way that bitcoin will be passed by Ethereum, we know that there is a lot more better than bitcoin and ethereum still they are still staying at their prices and keeping their values up because there are a lot of people demanding of there cryptos.

▄▄█████▌▐█████▄▄
       ▄█████████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
     ▄███████████▌  ▄▄▄▄   ▀██▄
   ▄█████████████▌  ▀▄▄▀     ▀██▄
  ▐██████████████▌  ▄▄▄▄       ▀█▌
 ▐███████████████▌             ▀█▌
 ████████████████▌  ▀▀▀█         ██
▐████████████████▌  ▄▄▄▄         ██▌
▐████████████████▌  ▀  ▀         ██▌
 ████████████████▌  █▀▀█         ██
 ▐███████████████▌  ▀▀▀▀        ▄█▌
  ▐██████████████▌  ▀▀▀▀       ▄█▌
   ▀█████████████▌  ▀▀█▀     ▄██▀
     ▀███████████▌  ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀
       ▀█████████▌    ▄▄▄███▀
          ▀▀█████▌▐█████▀▀
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
      ▄▄▄
 ▄▄█████████▄▄
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
 ▄███████████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄█████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████████
██▀▀█▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀
Janation

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:57:27 PM

You have a point but the thing here is, bitcoin is the first crypto currency in the making, not only that but also because it has the highest price of them all. There is no way that bitcoin will be passed by Ethereum, we know that there is a lot more better than bitcoin and ethereum still they are still staying at their prices and keeping their values up because there are a lot of people demanding of there cryptos.

▄▄█████▌▐█████▄▄
       ▄█████████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
     ▄███████████▌  ▄▄▄▄   ▀██▄
   ▄█████████████▌  ▀▄▄▀     ▀██▄
  ▐██████████████▌  ▄▄▄▄       ▀█▌
 ▐███████████████▌             ▀█▌
 ████████████████▌  ▀▀▀█         ██
▐████████████████▌  ▄▄▄▄         ██▌
▐████████████████▌  ▀  ▀         ██▌
 ████████████████▌  █▀▀█         ██
 ▐███████████████▌  ▀▀▀▀        ▄█▌
  ▐██████████████▌  ▀▀▀▀       ▄█▌
   ▀█████████████▌  ▀▀█▀     ▄██▀
     ▀███████████▌  ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀
       ▀█████████▌    ▄▄▄███▀
          ▀▀█████▌▐█████▀▀
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
      ▄▄▄
 ▄▄█████████▄▄
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
 ▄███████████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄█████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████████
██▀▀█▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀
Genemind

Activity: 201

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:11:30 PM

The thing is bitcoin has been number one for a long time. This may be the reason why people trust and choose bitcoin more among others. If ever bitcoin gets defeated by other cryptocurrencies, I'm quite sure that it will come back again.

soawraru

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:19:24 PM

Perhaps this will be coming soon, now fork this month has been cancelled, bitcoin may be recognized, but have to say, bitcoin has a lot of disadvantages, slow transfer, high transfer fees.
Mu7enR0shi

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:55:35 PM

I am confident that the bitcoin hype will last for a longer time. I mean for us who deal with Bitcoin it is normal to discuss this topics. But do not forget the price is related mostly to the popularity of Bitcoin. If people think of Cryptocurrency, they think Bitcoin. And imagine that Bitcoin is not known to all World. It just started. So till the hype will slowdown a lot of time will pass. When we discuss what will be next King, in the rest of the world Bitcoin is new and the only things which will be talked.
South Park

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:39:24 PM

maybe in the next 5 years bitcoin is still the number one in the world of cryptocurency, but judging by the development of many other coins, it is also possible that bitcoin can be replaced in the future, Nothing is impossible
Bitcoin is not going to be replaced in the next 5 year I would say that the possibility of that is almost zero, bitcoin is too strong and it is going to grow even more than it has now and with the new development in the network bitcoin is going to become even more useful and that is going to attract more investors to bitcoin.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
yulionoo

Activity: 249

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:10:02 PM

i dont agree with you. bitcoin already be number one for long time.
if you remember the first time bitcoin launch until now (no other coin can touch bitcoin prize) you will know bitcoin is the king for cryptocurrent for long time. but we know in future, it will survive or will replace by other coin

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
      ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
blocklancer8

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:20:29 PM

I think bitcoin will still be the main one, indeed if you look at these days there are some coins that start to compete with bitcoin but I'm sure it will not last long, good price and sometimes cheat us to believe with other coins. But that is only temporary.

◨▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◧   HACKEN   ◨▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◧
■  DEDICATED CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR WHITE HAT HACKERS  ■  TOKEN SALE - END of OCTOBER  ■
◨◧   Website   ▪   White paper   ▪   Facebook   ▪   Twitter   ▪   Medium   ▪   Bitcointalk   ▪   Telegram    ◨◧
coinholic

Activity: 112

F-alse E-xpectations A-ppearing R-eal

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:32:59 PM

May be possible from the time this topic was posted. But at current, it is almost impossible for Etherium to over take Bitcoin with the current values. The distance is just too far for ETH to be able to catch up. But like I always say, anything is possible. It’s just a matter of time.

MICROMONEYTOKEN CROWDSALE - 18TH of OCTOBER 2017
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  MicroMoney for People & Big Data for Business  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  LinkedIn  |  Reddit  |  Medium  |  Telegram  |
Cacingkemi

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:34:23 PM

Maybe correct but not easy to shift BTC from the number one order,too favorite in my opinion which obviously has given an advantage in it.If switched over to ETH or ALT other so far no one can shift it even BTC split also no one can pass it,I'm sure BTC will remain the number one.

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
.ANGEL TOKEN.
[]

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                 ▀▀████████▀▀
yonjitsu

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:51:13 PM

I don't think ETH could ever match or surpass BITCOIN as long as BITCOIN is still around. It's undeniable that most ICOs use ERC-20 compliant token which ask you your ETH address but i don't think it's a statement that would make ETH legible enough to replace BTC's position. Maybe in the future if BITCOIN is nowhere to be found but not whilst BITCOIN is around.

Chanock

Activity: 168

JOLYY - The future of beauty!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:52:19 PM

Nowadays bitcoin speculation about falling of it is now existing even some of them are no reliable basis. The fact is bitcoin is going stronger for more coming years based on different reports on CNN meaning bitcoin still be leading even many cryptos' are going fast stronger and rising now. Notify that all cryptos' split from bitcoin and the basis of their currency value is the bitcoin price.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 616

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:20:37 AM

I don't think ETH could ever match or surpass BITCOIN as long as BITCOIN is still around. It's undeniable that most ICOs use ERC-20 compliant token which ask you your ETH address but i don't think it's a statement that would make ETH legible enough to replace BTC's position. Maybe in the future if BITCOIN is nowhere to be found but not whilst BITCOIN is around.
Ethereum is a good cryptocurrency but it has still its chance to replace bitcoin in the future because of the system that it has and its smart contracts. Ethereum having some bug so that is enough to say as of now that it has no match for bitcoin because bitcoin will stay at the top and stay for being the king for long years.

sicparvismagna

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:32:52 AM

Nah it maybe temporarily  but I think bitcoin will still be number maybe ethereum might have a chance to steal the spotlight from bitcoin but it won't  be that long, remember which is popular for people and which is wide known bitcoin depending upon the users and thos who have known those two coin will reign supreme from the people well that's  basically my opinion.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.