Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:54:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will generate you a vanity P2SH address!  (Read 245 times)
SopaXT (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:51:43 PM

As the title says, I wrote an efficient P2SH vanity address generator which can make any script have a vanity address by altering a nonce field that must be added first.
I can generate any script address, such as a multisig one, or something even more sophisticated.
I offer this service only to raise interest in vanity P2SH addresses, so don't expect anything extraordinary.

The way this works is provably safe - you supply a script with a nonce field, which is simply some space to locate the nonce value in it (8 bytes).
For example, you can generate any multisig script you want, replace one public key with 04 <65 zero bytes>, which would serve as the nonce, and send it to me.
I generate you a vanity address, which corresponds to the script you sent me, but with the nonce field altered.
That way, if you want to make a 2-of-3 vanity multisig script, you make a 2-of-4 one, with an all-zero public key in one place.

This basically implements this idea: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255245.0.

I'll generate you a max. 5-6 character address for 0.015 BTC.
Remember, again, that this is just a way to raise interest, so don't expect this to be a viable service.

I'll release the program (open source, very very alpha, Linux only) if three people ask me to generate an address for them.

addrstore.com

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 10:04:23 AM

Which wallets now allow you to import and use P2SH vanity addresses?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: