Bitcoin Forum
October 07, 2024, 12:11:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will 0.8.2 affect S.Dice?  (Read 1865 times)
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:12:49 PM

Nah, I'm not in the underground facility any more. I packed up the hookers and blow and we're all living the sweet life in a penthouse suite now.

Grin

A gem from Gavin - keep up the good work (hopefully my rapidly filling up hard drive will be able to last another year).

What I don't understand is why couldn't S. Dice simply broadcast the transaction without including it in a block? The player would have the zero conf transaction popping up notifying him whether he won or lost and there is no "dust"
With the new default rules, these transactions wouldn't be relayed - and even if you are the only one with the new client, if you play by the new deafult rules, you'd not see this transaction until is has been mined.

There is not really an issue though, as the setting is just being made configurable, the only issue is that is is being set not to the previous implicit value of 1 Satoshi, but by default to 5430 Satoshis. Anyone can set it differntly for mining and relaying though, so if you're unhappy, 1-2 lines in your config files are enough. You might need to connect to other lower relaying nodes though and have a path to a lower mining pool/miner, looking at current adoption rates in the network though you might still be fine for quite a while.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: