Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:55:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 days = 40$ increase and china has not even begun to buy.  (Read 4382 times)
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:19:23 AM

The price will be $300 already when China begins to buy.
p.s. Chinese have been buying btcs for years, and I am one of them

im so excited about this. please let me know more. what is the reaction amongst your friends. do you think china will realy buy in on this?

let us in on whats up over there. im in utah and in a bubble all my own ( some diversity in the liberal parts but you go 25 milles out any direction from the main city and its nothing but white republicans) (not that there is anything wrong with that dont take offense)
There have been increased talks on Bitcoin within this and last month well before the CCTV documentary. Some of my friends are already interested in investing some after they know that my pocket is tripled after investing in Bitcoin and after the increased news coverage. They are mostly attracted by the monetary gains more than the fundamental and potential of Bitcoins, but this is the mentality among most people here, they enter for the money but when they do so, they are 100% serious about it.

I think over a period of time, those investors will understand more and more about the fundamental and potential of Bitcoin.

The people in Asia seem naturally ready for Bitcoins because they tend to be more humble; they're studious, have good fundamental understanding in mathematics and hard sciences, very comfortable with the technical aspects of computers and technology, and are willing to try out new things, rather than flat out dismiss them. If this was not the case, you wouldn't have a half hour documentary on Bitcoins (nothing in the Western mainstream media went that in depth in Bitcoins, with that much length)

On that note, just on the basis of pure numbers makes it more likely than not that the next big adoption of Bitcoins will be in China. You have a 30 minute long neutral to positive documentary aired to an audience larger than probably the entire population of the US. That's a long period of exposure to a huge number of audience.

very well spoken my friend.  You have made the top post of the day IMO. very well done sir

ok two more cents on the matter.  I feel that china knows that this bitcoin thing will gain traction and be worth quite a bit of money eventualy. if they want to be the richest country (they may be, or damn close) then if you broadcast and let your country men in on this, and in a few years it does hit that xx,xxx.00 amount then a lot of your citizens will be wealthy partly due to your own country men but MOSTLY due to every other person from every other country. you get your people some what wealthy and you dont even have to have a GDP to go along with it. its a win win for them.

does this make sense? is it ridiculous? is there a method to there madness, as the expression goes?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noedaRDH

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:31:33 AM

im so excited about this. please let me know more. what is the reaction amongst your friends. do you think china will realy buy in on this?

let us in on whats up over there. im in utah and in a bubble all my own ( some diversity in the liberal parts but you go 25 milles out any direction from the main city and its nothing but white republicans) (not that there is anything wrong with that dont take offense)
There have been increased talks on Bitcoin within this and last month well before the CCTV documentary. Some of my friends are already interested in investing some after they know that my pocket is tripled after investing in Bitcoin and after the increased news coverage. They are mostly attracted by the monetary gains more than the fundamental and potential of Bitcoins, but this is the mentality among most people here, they enter for the money but when they do so, they are 100% serious about it.

I think over a period of time, those investors will understand more and more about the fundamental and potential of Bitcoin.

The people in Asia seem naturally ready for Bitcoins because they tend to be more humble; they're studious, have good fundamental understanding in mathematics and hard sciences, very comfortable with the technical aspects of computers and technology, and are willing to try out new things, rather than flat out dismiss them. If this was not the case, you wouldn't have a half hour documentary on Bitcoins (nothing in the Western mainstream media went that in depth in Bitcoins, with that much length)

On that note, just on the basis of pure numbers makes it more likely than not that the next big adoption of Bitcoins will be in China. You have a 30 minute long neutral to positive documentary aired to an audience larger than probably the entire population of the US. That's a long period of exposure to a huge number of audience.

very well spoken my friend.  You have made the top post of the day IMO. very well done sir

ok two more cents on the matter.  I feel that china knows that this bitcoin thing will gain traction and be worth quite a bit of money eventualy. if they want to be the richest country (they may be, or damn close) then if you broadcast and let your country men in on this, and in a few years it does hit that xx,xxx.00 amount then a lot of your citizens will be wealthy partly due to your own country men but MOSTLY due to every other person from every other country. you get your people some what wealthy and you dont even have to have a GDP to go along with it. its a win win for them.

does this make sense? is it ridiculous? is there a method to there madness, as the expression goes?

Your theory might be true. The central government doesn't really care if BTC rises and, as a result, people start favoring decentralized currencies over government backed fiat; the government already knows that there is already a large portion of their population wise to the problems of central banking. So the philosophy behind Bitcoins is not really a pressing issue for the Chinese government; the people will eventually know about BTC's anyhow.

With that premise out of the way, why wouldn't the Chinese gov. give the go-ahead for the average joe with a bunch of pocket change to play with some BTC's? At the very least, it might mean that a huge portion of BTC users in the future will be from China and neighboring countries (SE Asia, Russia, even Australia/NZ). This would tip things in favor of the East and threaten traditional Western paradigm.

And if things were to go down that path, Western powers might fire in kind by being friendly to BTC's, ensuring that Asia doesn't have a monopoly on virtual currencies. In the end, the people that are holding BTC's today might stand to benefit from all these shifts in power in the coming virtual currency wars.

1NwGKiLcAngD1KiCCivxT6EDJmyXMGqM9q

Ask not what Bitcoin can do for you - ask what you can do for Bitcoin.
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:02:07 AM

Up up up up  Grin
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:25:59 AM

China wont buy , they will just mine the shit out of it, and they will massively dump it for very small profit, do not forget that a major part of Chinese people gets only 150-200 $ salary pay for the hole month full time job . so 1 BTC is allot considering that, they will be just happy if they can mine it and profit only 10-20 $ a month of one BTC.

AmazonStuff

Activity: 628

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:32:09 AM

China wont buy , they will just mine the shit out of it, and they will massively dump it for very small profit, do not forget that a major part of Chinese people gets only 150-200 $ salary pay for the hole month full time job . so 1 BTC is allot considering that, they will be just happy if they can mine it and profit only 10-20 $ a month of one BTC.

Electricity price in China is 7.5-10.7 UScents/kWh
noedaRDH

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:40:37 AM

I don't think so. It's very difficult to get into mining today, GPU's are on their last legs, ASIC's are hard to find, and if ASIC's ever becomes readily available, profits from using them will be minimal as the difficulty adjust rapidly.

Like you said, the salary per month for the average Chinese is quite low. If they don't have money to throw away, how are they going to buy the mining gear?

Those who have money to spare (not necessarily tech savvy people) will just buy up some BTC's and play around with them instead of dealing with mining at all. You might have some large hands putting down a lot of money to buy some mining power but relatively few people be in the mining game nonetheless.

Zaih

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:46:55 AM

Go China! Make my coins go up  Cool

Let's hope this is as big of deal as people are making it out to be (Even though I'm skeptical).
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:05:57 AM

I don't think so. It's very difficult to get into mining today, GPU's are on their last legs, ASIC's are hard to find, and if ASIC's ever becomes readily available, profits from using them will be minimal as the difficulty adjust rapidly.

Like you said, the salary per month for the average Chinese is quite low. If they don't have money to throw away, how are they going to buy the mining gear?

Those who have money to spare (not necessarily tech savvy people) will just buy up some BTC's and play around with them instead of dealing with mining at all. You might have some large hands putting down a lot of money to buy some mining power but relatively few people be in the mining game nonetheless.

yes I do agree with you at some point, but do not forget that everything you are using now is made in china , if I pay 30 € for my keyboard that I am using it to reply to you, this doesn't mean it is worth that money, in china you can make it for 2 €, it will be funny if I say may be even less than 2 €.

you average HP or Apple or Dell device did cost the same as today 10 years ago when it was made in Europe or USA,   the point that China is developing so fast they are making kick ass products, they even started replicating any product in market and sell it for 1/4 of the price.

Avalon was made there when BFL the US company was struggling to have a working design. the point is that I do expect a larger choice of ASICs with different quality and prices .

yes it will be always hard for a Chinese to buy an ASIC, but somehow I have the feeling that instead of buying some BTCs and hold to them. they will just start developing something that will pay even better in long term .
phoenix1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:44:47 PM

I would be more convinced if reptilia started posting in Mandarin and quoting prices in Yuan  Tongue
Personally I think we have gotten way ahead of ourselves on this one ... time will telll
Certainly not bad news though

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
noedaRDH

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:47:24 PM

yes I do agree with you at some point, but do not forget that everything you are using now is made in china , if I pay 30 € for my keyboard that I am using it to reply to you, this doesn't mean it is worth that money, in china you can make it for 2 €, it will be funny if I say may be even less than 2 €.

you average HP or Apple or Dell device did cost the same as today 10 years ago when it was made in Europe or USA,   the point that China is developing so fast they are making kick ass products, they even started replicating any product in market and sell it for 1/4 of the price.

Avalon was made there when BFL the US company was struggling to have a working design. the point is that I do expect a larger choice of ASICs with different quality and prices .

yes it will be always hard for a Chinese to buy an ASIC, but somehow I have the feeling that instead of buying some BTCs and hold to them. they will just start developing something that will pay even better in long term .

Develop their own virtual currency? I agree that is likely, but whatever currency the Chinese come up with may only be popular within China, missing that extra bit of global spice that Bitcoin brings.

The sentiment today in China seems to be that Chinese people want to reach out and experience new cultures. They are curious about the world outside of China. If Bitcoin really continues to take off internationally, what better way to potentially experience culture than to use a currency that has no borders?

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:45:08 AM

Watch out, there is a good one coming..blink blink Wink >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149892.0
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:16:40 AM

Watch out, there is a good one coming..blink blink Wink >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149892.0

NOT MUCH BUT I DID DONATE A FEW. I HOPE THIS WORKS AND MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR.  Cheesy
Stunna
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1278

Primedice.com, Stake.com

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:43:15 AM

Personally I'm a bull but I think this whole China situation is being blown far out of proportion at this point.

The $40 increase is simply due to speculation that china will buy and if they are not lining up to buy BTC it will not be ideal.

That being said, here's hoping they do!

Stake.com Fastest growing crypto casino & sportsbook
Primedice.com The original bitcoin instant dice game
mokahless

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:46:13 AM

ya im a bear.... hahaha this fucker is going to the moon!!!! 280 in two weeks. let the hatters hate let the holds make it rain hahaha

I think the hatters should stick with making hats and the haters should stick with hating. Tongue

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:07:02 PM

NOT MUCH BUT I DID DONATE A FEW. I HOPE THIS WORKS AND MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR.  Cheesy

thx, we'll keep up the effort and will publish more material soon!
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:36:40 AM

ya im a bear.... hahaha this fucker is going to the moon!!!! 280 in two weeks. let the hatters hate let the holds make it rain hahaha

I think the hatters should stick with making hats and the haters should stick with hating. Tongue

bwahahaha the miss spelling cop strikes again.

thanks that actually quite funny hahaha
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:44:52 AM

Personally I'm a bull but I think this whole China situation is being blown far out of proportion at this point.

The $40 increase is simply due to speculation that china will buy and if they are not lining up to buy BTC it will not be ideal.

That being said, here's hoping they do!

ya but thats whats in the title of the post. it has gone up due to people thinking that the china thing will make it rise so they are getting in while its cheep. its in the title!!!

but I do agree with you. maybe a bit blown out of proportion BUT in a few months we should see if it had some affect. but come on any broadcast in any developed country WILL have some sort of affect on bitcoin, weather good or bad, up or down, understanding of and implementation of "THE BITCOIN"

hatters gunna hat and haters gunna drive like a fuck and flip everyone off and roll his cock rocket on the freeway and be in ICU and hate that he has to wear a hat made of bandages.... stay with me now! thats funny and bringing it back..... see what i did there. haha

"i dont like jokes about people getting hurt"

"whats a cock rocket?"

michaelGedi

Activity: 364

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:27:32 AM

re mining.

ASICMINER is based in China? ... they are doing pretty fuckin well at the moment in the BTC world. I have just invested in dividend paying shares with them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0;topicseen

https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg2075909#msg2075909

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkPdXsQFT-vIdHRVUjQ5Ql9BQWR6OENLMkhyUktUblE#gid=14

a demonstration of Chinese tech at work... and they are only going to expand. But this is not new, just so you realise this...

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:02:25 AM

re mining.

ASICMINER is based in China? ... they are doing pretty fuckin well at the moment in the BTC world. I have just invested in dividend paying shares with them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0;topicseen

https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg2075909#msg2075909

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkPdXsQFT-vIdHRVUjQ5Ql9BQWR6OENLMkhyUktUblE#gid=14

a demonstration of Chinese tech at work... and they are only going to expand. But this is not new, just so you realise this...

interesting, im going to look moreinto this.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: