Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:13:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese mining hardware suppliers on Alibaba  (Read 5936 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NeilLostBitCoin

Activity: 868
Merit: 303

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2017, 12:47:40 PM

Just be aware that alibaba has a lot of scammers where they will say that they have this type of gpu's but then after you paid for it they will vanish. and also some of the products there according to my friend has over runs where there are some defects on the unit but they still sell it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dquancey

Activity: 587
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 03:19:13 PM

I am interested to order some mining rigs for eth from Alibaba. Does anyone have ordered from alibaba this kind of products?

Yeah, I've had a couple of replies from the sellers, sound sketchy and can't answer the basic questions I need such as shipping times, ETA etc.

Spoke on Skype with a few and found them really unhelpful. I've only known bad things about the site tbh, from my point of view, I'd skip it.
Gatubela

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:48:47 PM

I think that alibaba is a good marketplace to buy and to order any products  Wink
Vixmore

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:36:17 PM

There are five main suppliers listed on Alibaba selling crypto mining hardware. Has anyone dealt with any of these companies before? So far, none of them have been willing to agree to use trade assurance (escrow) which is a red flag to me. I have not had such problems buying other stuff off Alibaba. Can anyone vouch for any of these companies? Or, even better has anyone visited one of them in person?

Here are some links.
https://heaventech.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.NLotvw

https://toplinesz.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.8304367.0.0.HAOjNZ

https://winkor88.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.8304367.0.0.zVRqLL

https://szdihao.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.NLotvw

https://bitcoin.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.NLotvw

I'd honestly stay away from any chinese product that you are going to heavily invest in / rely on. Especially bitcoin miners, as they are placed under a huge load, a good quality product is needed for a long range endurance into the future. Aliexpress (Alibaba) has a huge reputation for selling dodgy/ bad quality products for cheap prices. While the pictures look legitimate and the price is attractive, the quality of the product you are going to get is very much questionable.

Now before anyone starts saying how good Alibaba is, I'd like to point out that I bought my phone from them. At first I got sent a fake replica (even a replica of a cheap 100 USD phone) that was so bad it broke within a few days. I complained and in 3 days they sent me a real/legitimate version for free (and with express shipping! Smiley Wink )

Overall I cant complain, but if you get stuck with a dodgy seller who wont respond to you, you have basically lost your money as the only payment method is via Debit/Credit Card. No paypal whatsoever. I'd say be careful, and if your budget allows, buy a trusted miner. Always buy grey imports with caution - there is no guarantee that every seller will do as they promise.
cryptomozzies

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:30:47 AM

I am about to order an APW3+ PSU through a supplier on Alibaba called Apluspower, will update the status of my order to let you guys know if its legit.

As mentioned in the previous posts it seems like they don't offer any form of trade assurance... but then again none of these suppliers listing these mining products on Alibaba seem to offer any form of trade assurance, so does that mean that they are all not legit?  Huh

So based on this I decided to give it a shot with the PSU, if it works out great because some of these suppliers have awesome prices, would be nice to have someone from China to confirm this type of info though.
ijl53

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

CyptoLong

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:07:48 AM

Yup scams all around, you should never have to leave the original site unless your buying direct from a manufacturer

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 11:37:49 AM

I am about to order an APW3+ PSU through a supplier on Alibaba called Apluspower, will update the status of my order to let you guys know if its legit.

As mentioned in the previous posts it seems like they don't offer any form of trade assurance... but then again none of these suppliers listing these mining products on Alibaba seem to offer any form of trade assurance, so does that mean that they are all not legit?  Huh

So based on this I decided to give it a shot with the PSU, if it works out great because some of these suppliers have awesome prices, would be nice to have someone from China to confirm this type of info though.

I wouldn't say not legit,but I wouldn't deal with them without it....I mean if your rich & can afford to lose the money,then go ahead  Wink

Better safe than sorry!!!!!!!!!

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
dquancey

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:32:24 PM

As I've said previously and others. I'd stay clear.

If they're sold out on Bitmains site, then why would a chinese reseller have full stock of them? Same goes with Pandaminers and Baikals etc...

Especially if there are no trade assurances. If you're in the bitcoin world and sending money to people without  some kind of assurance, then you're in for a bad time. Believe me, I've been there.
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:39:29 PM

If they're sold out on Bitmains site, then why would a chinese reseller have full stock of them? Same goes with Pandaminers and Baikals etc...

Especially if there are no trade assurances. If you're in the bitcoin world and sending money to people without  some kind of assurance, then you're in for a bad time. Believe me, I've been there.

Exactly,this ain't Paypal where you can do a chargeback if things wrong....... Cheesy

I love Paypal   Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
dquancey

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:47:14 PM

Exactly,this ain't Paypal where you can do a chargeback if things wrong....... Cheesy

I love Paypal   Cool

You're brave for putting your love for Paypal out there on a crypto forum Smiley

In all seriousness though, just because they have a storefront and say they will ship your item in 2-3 days, doesn't mean they should be trusted.

Just a quick google search of Alibaba and scam will bring up thousands of genuine issues.
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:21:38 AM

As mentioned in the previous posts it seems like they don't offer any form of trade assurance... but then again none of these suppliers listing these mining products on Alibaba seem to offer any form of trade assurance, so does that mean that they are all not legit?  Huh

Especially if there are no trade assurances. If you're in the bitcoin world and sending money to people without  some kind of assurance, then you're in for a bad time. Believe me, I've been there.

I love Paypal   Cool

You're brave for putting your love for Paypal out there on a crypto forum Smiley

In all seriousness though, just because they have a storefront and say they will ship your item in 2-3 days, doesn't mean they should be trusted.

Just a quick google search of Alibaba and scam will bring up thousands of genuine issues.

Dude,I've been around since June 2011.....Bitcoin will not take over credit cards!!!! If for that one reason only....no refunds  Cheesy

No normal PC ignorant person is going to just trust that ALL transactions are going to go perfect ALL the time LOL

Cryptocoins are for nerds & bad guys & traders......Oh & now that the Big Farm miners are gettin greedy & only takin transactions with large fees...transaction times are too long  Cheesy

Paypal has saved my ass SOOO many times,I lost SOOO many coins to scams with Bitcoin.....believe it!!!!  Wink

dquancey

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:47:38 AM

As mentioned in the previous posts it seems like they don't offer any form of trade assurance... but then again none of these suppliers listing these mining products on Alibaba seem to offer any form of trade assurance, so does that mean that they are all not legit?  Huh

Especially if there are no trade assurances. If you're in the bitcoin world and sending money to people without  some kind of assurance, then you're in for a bad time. Believe me, I've been there.

I love Paypal   Cool

Dude,I've been around since June 2011.....Bitcoin will not take over credit cards!!!! If for that one reason only....no refunds  Cheesy

No normal PC ignorant person is going to just trust that ALL transactions are going to go perfect ALL the time LOL

Cryptocoins are for nerds & bad guys & traders......Oh & now that the Big Farm miners are gettin greedy & only takin transactions with large fees...transaction times are too long  Cheesy

Paypal has saved my ass SOOO many times,I lost SOOO many coins to scams with Bitcoin.....believe it!!!!  Wink

I guess that's the difference between decentralized and centralized money, bitcoin is a scammers playground. Look at all the cryptolocker stuff that's going on, theres no way they'd be asking for paypal would they. So guess Paypal and bitcoin have their differences and places in the world.

For what it's worth, and if it wasnt clear, I agree with what you're saying.

With that said, some suppliers on Alibaba accept paypal it seems.
tubexc

Activity: 496

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:52:20 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2017, 01:21:53 PM by tubexc

I have nothing against https://pt.aliexpress.com/.
 They do returns , they saved my Antminer S3++
 Good shop
 Recommend  Grin
dquancey

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:55:04 AM

I have nothing against https://pt.aliexpress.com/.
 They do returns , they saved my Antminer S3++
 Good shop
 Recomend  Grin

I've used aliexpress quite a bit and never had problems, even Gearbest.com for some gadgets and home automation stuff I get. Generally quite reliable.

I've always been taught, if it's too good to be true, it generally is....
metalbean

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:01:27 AM

Taobao English is where the resellers are.
Taobao China is where the real sellers are.

Also, the sellers on Taobao china are mostly out of stocks these days, just checked lately.
Smuft

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:16:19 PM

thanks for the links
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:57:06 PM

I love Paypal   Cool

I guess that's the difference between decentralized and centralized money, bitcoin is a scammers playground. Look at all the cryptolocker stuff that's going on, theres no way they'd be asking for paypal would they. So guess Paypal and bitcoin have their differences and places in the world.

For what it's worth, and if it wasnt clear, I agree with what you're saying.

With that said, some suppliers on Alibaba accept paypal it seems.
I just use a Bitcoin VCC on Alibaba and it works just fine due to them not using the fancy security features that exist on sites like eBay. Even Taobao CN works too, just got to use a translator or read Chinese like me Smiley
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 03:03:19 AM

can you use credit cards on alibaba? if so can't you just do a dispute if you get a broken miner or scammed? Pretty sure ali express lets you use credit cards but their selection and prices not as good as alibaba.

jimbo147

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 07:59:32 AM

It is important to realize that every five companies have a "golden supplier".
In order to get this done, there are strict criteria.
They can not afford to cheat!
They would lose status as "golden supplier"
And it's after the shop.
And shame in all of China.
These info are directly from them.
jayarjo

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:40:25 AM

Any follow-up on adventures in this thread? I'm also looking at chinese rigs, mostly because all  other sources seem to be out of stock :/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: