Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:23:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 2012 Casascius 10 BTC Silver w/ Gold B (GILT) - Macro Pics - REDUCED PRICE  (Read 2592 times)
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:02:26 PM

I am the new owner final price was 16.25 BTC  Grin

Baller.

You better get that bitch graded.

Do you think it would add much value if the coin was graded?

I understand if it were to receive an MS70, but I feel as though anything under MS68 might bring the value down. It would be a huge risk.
I believe many like grading coins as the capsules are vacuum sealed, and they are all the same size if you're looking to do some sort of display

OneNattyLitecoin

Activity: 356
Merit: 335

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:19:24 PM

I don't think I've ever seen one graded. The bigger risk is sending a $40k coin to the post office. Aside from that, if it comes back lower than 67, it can always be removed 😬
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:50:27 PM

I don't think I've ever seen one graded. The bigger risk is sending a $40k coin to the post office. Aside from that, if it comes back lower than 67, it can always be removed 😬

I get nervous sending coins there and back worth way less. The real problem is that you can send it in insured and registered, however, ANACS only lets you declare a max value of $100 on the return insurance for crypto coins... Granted, it's usually ups restricted delivery for me, but I have e seen them use FedEx once the first time I sent coins a year or two ago, but have never had any issues really ever.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 3011

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:44:24 AM

I often see people here very worried about mailing stuff via USPS/FEDEX etc and I just wanted to add I've sent several packages that resemble a similiar amount of money, had them fully insured, signature guarantee required etc.  When buying bullion the only way to go is by doing so online and the amount that is mailed daily has got to be insane. 

Btw what a freaking great coin- congrats on the sale and buy guys!  Had only Mike Caldwell been a neighbor of mine a few years back  Cheesy

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
TokenLot

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

www.TokenLot.com | Your ICO Superstore

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 06:36:22 AM

I often see people here very worried about mailing stuff via USPS/FEDEX etc and I just wanted to add I've sent several packages that resemble a similiar amount of money, had them fully insured, signature guarantee required etc.  When buying bullion the only way to go is by doing so online and the amount that is mailed daily has got to be insane. 

Btw what a freaking great coin- congrats on the sale and buy guys!  Had only Mike Caldwell been a neighbor of mine a few years back  Cheesy

Totally agreed. Sending insured registered mail via USPS is fairly safe USPS.
They have to keep a documented, unbroken chain of custody for each registered package, as well as transporting it in a special locked box.
Sure, the postal carrier can just steal it, but thats what the insurance is for. I've never had an issue and have shipped many high priced items throughout the years.
dazedfool
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1127

derp

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:17:53 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 08:36:44 AM by dazedfool

I often see people here very worried about mailing stuff via USPS/FEDEX etc and I just wanted to add I've sent several packages that resemble a similiar amount of money, had them fully insured, signature guarantee required etc.  When buying bullion the only way to go is by doing so online and the amount that is mailed daily has got to be insane.  

Btw what a freaking great coin- congrats on the sale and buy guys!  Had only Mike Caldwell been a neighbor of mine a few years back  Cheesy

They have to keep a documented, unbroken chain of custody for each registered package, as well as transporting it in a special locked box.
Sure, the postal carrier can just steal it, but thats what the insurance is for. I've never had an issue and have shipped many high priced items throughout the years.

Yea sending to ANACS is easy. Registered insured USPS is great and covers up to 50Kusd, or maybe more..

Issue is that ANACS does not insure your return shipment for the full amount. Max 100usd per coin. So a 30Kusd+ 10BTC coin submitted for grading? Worth 100usd on the way back to you. Granted very unlikely anything will happen, but if anything does, who's fucked? ANACS? Nope. You!

I sent a few 10BTC coins in back when BTC was under 500usd... but these days I probably would not. Much rather wait for ANACS to appear locally at a coin show instead (they tour a lot). Have them grade and slab on-site.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 05:00:35 AM

I often see people here very worried about mailing stuff via USPS/FEDEX etc and I just wanted to add I've sent several packages that resemble a similiar amount of money, had them fully insured, signature guarantee required etc.  When buying bullion the only way to go is by doing so online and the amount that is mailed daily has got to be insane.  

Btw what a freaking great coin- congrats on the sale and buy guys!  Had only Mike Caldwell been a neighbor of mine a few years back  Cheesy

Yea sending to ANACS is easy. Registered insured USPS is great and covers up to 50Kusd, or maybe more..

Issue is that ANACS does not insure your return shipment for the full amount. Max 100usd per coin. So a 30Kusd+ 10BTC coin submitted for grading? Worth 100usd on the way back to you. Granted very unlikely anything will happen, but if anything does, who's fucked? ANACS? Nope. You!

I sent a few 10BTC coins in back when BTC was under 500usd... but these days I probably would not. Much rather wait for ANACS to appear locally at a coin show instead (they tour a lot). Have them grade and slab on-site.

Very interesting info!  I did not know that ANACS did not cover the return. How the f is that even possible for a coin grading company to survive while sending millions of dollars worth of coins back to customers unprotected?!  I would do the exact same and just go to a show.  I looked up how much it costs to be a member of NGC grading and my dear god..I said no thanks quickly (it's too bad NGC doesn't grade crypto's, IMO their slabs are a 1000x better) so with that said with ANACS providing grading services on the go, are you able to get a single coins graded w/out signing a membership with them and what not?  Very curious (curious if NGC does this too).

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dazedfool
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1127

derp

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 06:27:48 AM

Very interesting info!  I did not know that ANACS did not cover the return. How the f is that even possible for a coin grading company to survive while sending millions of dollars worth of coins back to customers unprotected?!  I would do the exact same and just go to a show.  I looked up how much it costs to be a member of NGC grading and my dear god..I said no thanks quickly (it's too bad NGC doesn't grade crypto's, IMO their slabs are a 1000x better) so with that said with ANACS providing grading services on the go, are you able to get a single coins graded w/out signing a membership with them and what not?  Very curious (curious if NGC does this too).

ANACS does insure US and foreign minted coins higher than $100... I think the max is around 25k? Take a look at their submission form. The 100usd limit is only for crypto coins.

Your best bet for getting one or two coins graded by NGC or PCGS is to go thru a local coin shop. Nearly all of them have memberships and some even do the paperwork for you. ANACS is single-submission based, anyone can send coins in.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 06:33:44 AM

ANACS does insure US and foreign minted coins higher than $100... I think the max is around 25k? Take a look at their submission form. The 100usd limit is only for crypto coins.

Your best bet for getting one or two coins graded by NGC or PCGS is to go thru a local coin shop. Nearly all of them have memberships and some even do the paperwork for you. ANACS is single-submission based, anyone can send coins in.

Oh ok that makes much more sense.  Great info thank you!  I wonder if ANACS will ever grade Kialara's?  If I am not mistaken I'm almost positive I've seen a finite by design 5" bar graded by them before.  I get that it's much skinnier and all but there's no reason you can't make a larger slab (actually maybe too expensive to do so w/so few requests? )

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
OneNattyLitecoin

Activity: 356
Merit: 335

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:32:32 PM

Quote from: minerjones
While I think it may be some time before we see any bar gradings, ANACS is now grading 5oz coins...

Sweet, this is new. No one was grading 5 oz coins when the Goddess coins were released in March / April!

Not sure if antiquiquing effects the grade, however.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:33:11 PM

Very interesting info!  I did not know that ANACS did not cover the return. How the f is that even possible for a coin grading company to survive while sending millions of dollars worth of coins back to customers unprotected?!  I would do the exact same and just go to a show.  I looked up how much it costs to be a member of NGC grading and my dear god..I said no thanks quickly (it's too bad NGC doesn't grade crypto's, IMO their slabs are a 1000x better) so with that said with ANACS providing grading services on the go, are you able to get a single coins graded w/out signing a membership with them and what not?  Very curious (curious if NGC does this too).

Oh ok that makes much more sense.  Great info thank you!  I wonder if ANACS will ever grade Kialara's?  If I am not mistaken I'm almost positive I've seen a finite by design 5" bar graded by them before.  I get that it's much skinnier and all but there's no reason you can't make a larger slab (actually maybe too expensive to do so w/so few requests? )

While I think it may be some time before we see any bar gradings, ANACS is now grading 5oz coins. Specifically the "America the Beautiful" quarter series.
ANACS has made some new 5oz slabs for them... so I would imagine that we can now get larger coins graded Cheesy  ..... fingers crossed. Wink

I think the Finite by Design bar you saw slabbed up was one that BG4 had made.

http://www.anacs.com/contentPages/GSAand5oz.aspx

How I love me some 5 oz ATB's (esp Hawaii and Puerto Rico...however minus this year- what terrible designs besides 1 or 2 of them ..IMO.  This sucks because the US Mint has clearly lost any clue how to make cool collectors coins w/the right mintage that can appeal to all age groups and now the 5 oz ATB's are about the only things I really care about which I hate).  NGC has been grading them for a little while and I prefer their slabs over ANACS any day..but I certainly respect ANACS getting in to the crypto-market for us crypto-heads!!  Grin